What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

macnaz

Staff member
On another note , the law mentions gatherings of more than 500 , perhaps the clubs can pick 400-500 club members to attend home games ?

So most members would likely get to attend at least a game.... Titans ,Manly and the Roosters members would get to go to about 12 each ;)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I have 2 excellent tickets available for next weeks game.

Talk of possibly cancelling the season if one player gets it is absolutely nuts in my opinion. Not that my opinion would count for anything.
Isn't it the case that those who are in danger of serious consequences are the elderly, those with a lung disease or some other serious illness? Doesn't sound like an NRL player to me.
So if one player catches a virus that might have him out of action for a few weeks it could be season over for every one?
I hope this doesn't happen or at least common sense prevails over panic.

Das Hassler

Bench
Correction...i posted Bronson Xerri tested positive...bad info...apparently has symptons and tested at this point ..i hope he's not...if he comes up positive Sharks can pack it up

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The PM has set the rules. Translates only players who had close contact in the previous 24 hours before the player became symptomatic need even bother to be tested or isolated. What a relief. Under the PMs own guidelines we will probably see the season out.

Tiger05

First Grade
The PM has set the rules. Translates only players who had close contact in the previous 24 hours before the player became symptomatic need even bother to be tested or isolated. What a relief. Under the PMs own guidelines we will probably see the season out.

This doesn't mean they won't call the whole season off. The NBA is on hold. Soccer Leagues are off or on hold. The grand prix is called off.

They are erring on the side of caution.

It wipes out about 3 percent of people who get it.

Do the sums and unless it’s controlled, it’s going to finish off 230 million of the worlds population.

I predict most of these people will be taken out in countries with bad health services. Africa is looking very dangerous and parts of the sub- continent and Asia.

In terms of effect on the world economy, If anyone’s interested, in perspective, it won’t wreck it because the virus will come and go.

And I think that should be a year or two.

We are seeing a decrease in demand in some sectors and an increase in others.

Australia, we can feed ourselves quite well and are pretty wealthy, so say we can manage a much higher rate of unemployment if we need to. Most Australians live pretty simply.

I’d say it’s close to over for the property market as we restrict immigration and demand tumbles in the short term. We can’t cut rates much further.

Universities will have to cut overseas student numbers. Tourism will be smashed short term. That’s bad, but not forever. Some of the stock experts are saying to buy stock at good prices before the recovery!

Probably increased rates of crime short term unless the government buffers welfare spending and services. More resources will be needed for policing, defence attorneys and courts.

It will come and go, it’s not a pandemic that kills everyone it’s meets. We just need to keep it away from sick and vulnerable.

In some ways, it will unify people who have an interest in self preservation. Co operation instead of wasteful fighting all the time. Apart from the obvious horror, societies can get stronger with challenges.

The bushfires showed some of the best in people in my lifetime. It was like we lived in the 1970s again.

So it may be negative in your life experience in some ways, but we may emerge as a more caring society.

it’s a good time for courageous government.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Correction...i posted Bronson Xerri posted positive...bad info...apparently has symptons and tested at this point ..i hope he's not...if he comes up positive Sharks can pack it up

Rumours he came back negative...still, the second a player comes back positive games will be postponed 100% ala nba style

Tigerm

First Grade
This doesn't mean they won't call the whole season off. The NBA is on hold. Soccer Leagues are off or on hold. The grand prix is called off.

They are erring on the side of caution.
Worse still, (not that I have been in many years) is the Easter show is cancelled.

Worse still, (not that I have been in many years) is the Easter show is cancelled.

We haven’t been in ages either.

The only thing good about it was the livestock parade. Fattest pig in nsw ( who is not a cop) to explain to the kids what bacon is.

Kids are horrified that meat comes from animals.

Unless of course, you are a young lady, over the age of consent, with the bulldogs visiting your school. Sick pups those boys. “ most stupid nrl players” parade would be good.

Tiger05

First Grade
I am grateful for this thread. It's given me a few more people to block as they must be oxygen thieves
Not a chance 240,000,000 people will die from corona virus. Wake up.

Has anyone said this many people will die ? I haven't seen those figures anywhere. The virus is already causing havoc and it hasn't even gotten bad here. If it spreads ala some other countries we are going to be in trouble.

It appears that 20% of people that become infected become seriously ill. The mortality rate is a lot lower than that and it tends to be older people but the fatality rate is a lot higher than the flu.

I hope that’s the case it can be contained,

According to the world health organisation , about 5000 people have died, about 3 percent of people infected.

So it is important to take precautions and follow the experts advice.

The world health organisation is taking it very seriously.

It’s better to treat this thing with as much caution as we can than to be too relaxed about it.

Given their massive population and challenges, After a slow start, China is going well with it.

230 million is my submission based on the world population averages. It is a maximum or rough average based on deaths rate.

If effects the elderly, weak and vulnerable but it can take out younger people along the way.

If it reaches Africa and Bangladesh or hits India and Indonesia in a big way, they don’t have the best health systems, it will be terrible for populations already suffering from poverty etc.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
In some ways, it will unify people who have an interest in self preservation. Co operation instead of wasteful fighting all the time. Apart from the obvious horror, societies can get stronger with challenges.

The bushfires showed some of the best in people in my lifetime. It was like we lived in the 1970s again.

So it may be negative in your life experience in some ways, but we may emerge as a more caring society.

it’s a good time for courageous government.

Such a well written post. Informative and thought provoking.
The bush fires did show the best side in many of us. Fighting for and stockpiling unnecessary amounts of toilet paper etc showed the worst of us.

I live in hope that if the current crises shows we can sacrifice a little we can learn to not be terrified of taking climate action.Something that could lead to far more devastating consequences than we are experiencing now. But I guess that's a discussion for another forum or as Slow Mo would have it further down the track.