What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Dragons @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cerberus

Coach
If we aren’t careful the dragons starting pack could roll our young pack from the get go.

An entire pre season of criticism, pent up rage from a poor 2019 smells danger to me. Not to mention their entire forward pack is basically rep standard

However under madges coaching methods pretty confident we can overcome the hurdles much like we did for the majority of last year, and atleast this time around we have a classy(ish) backline to finish off
I hope ad has his kicking boots on.
I think this is gunna be a first up arm wrestle.
Low scoring scrap .
Come on joey 3 hearties and 3 fist pumps a game

The unknown

Juniors
I hope ad has his kicking boots on.
I think this is gunna be a first up arm wrestle.
Low scoring scrap .
Come on joey 3 hearties and 3 fist pumps a game

Agree, first few rounds are usually error riddled boring scraps, I expect this to be no different

Basically whoever completes better wins.

Btw wouldn’t be surprised if Benji takes goal kicks

Last edited:
Mary is a very very average coach if he can’t get that team firing. Swap coaches and Saints are top 6 certainties, maybe top 4. Their backs are kinda meh but that forward pack is one of the best in the biz

They have solid fans, you have to feel for them. Their management keep appointing Mary despite innumerable issues and second rate performances. The fans are in a bad way.

Mary is a very very average coach if he can’t get that team firing. Swap coaches and Saints are top 6 certainties, maybe top 4. Their backs are kinda meh but that forward pack is one of the best in the biz

They are a confidence pack. They go really well unless the side experiences some kind of game trauma and then everything gets chaotic up the middle. We weren’t rightly entitled to flog them to death last season, they were their own worst enemies.

Their fans attribute this loss of composure to Marys inability to instil character.

They need wholesale changes for the longer term, but they don’t have the management infrastructure to deliver. Mary is a symptom of what happens under a hierarchy that is untouchable.

It’s only their fans and members that keep everything together and their patience is not just thin, it’s microscopic.

Vozzy

Juniors
Pretty sure it's the match up for round 1 premiers I think both teams start well first 2 games and then reality hits when we lose to the dogs who haven't won a game in round 3.

On paper their side is better than most like really I agree no excuses slightly more pressure on them cos it's at WIN stadium reckon tigers can win 20-12.

super_coach

First Grade
Round one is not a ideal time to be playing the Dragons. After a crappy year last year, they will be fired up and usually round one games are a toss of a coin. Would rather be playing a gun side where we are rank outsiders

On the balance we’d rather play them without a fresh McIness at close to full throttle. That will be a factor.

Good hit out for both sides, let’s see how it plays out.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd be preferring to play the Storm or the Roosters before they had time to hit their straps

From memory the Storm have the best record in the nrl for round one wins, why on earth would we want to play them in round 1 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just talking to a mate (dragons supporter) who told me he heard on the radio Brooks is out injured.

Any truth to this?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
According to him it is a foot injury....it was on triple m apparently. He might be taking the pi$$ but he seemed serious.

The unknown

Juniors
Yeah he’s out. They are saying Reynolds/Benji in the halves for now but wouldn’t surprise if Momo was fit they throw him into the centre’s and chuck AD into the halves because I have concerns Walters can’t pump out 80 mins

Either way it’ll be interesting to see how we play without Brooks because I can’t remember the last time we’ve played without him

gordsy

Juniors
Nrl physio saying calf injury. Also big presser tomorrow from Vlandys and Greenburg. My tip is for the game to be on hold for four weeks until we know more. Will be interesting to see.

The unknown

Juniors
Reynolds gets a chance here and it's in his best position.

Big ask for Walters to play 80 mins though, considering he looked completely gassed after only 40 in the trial

I do think Madge is hoping Momo is fully fit hence he is being kept in the 19

The unknown

Juniors
Nrl physio saying calf injury. Also big presser tomorrow from Vlandys and Greenburg. My tip is for the game to be on hold for four weeks until we know more. Will be interesting to see.

If the season is on hold for 4 weeks a win tomorrow is huge. Not saying there is any easy game in the nrl but we were meant to play the knights (at LO), dogs and warriors in that period. We could have very well started the season off with a few handy competition points

the nrl has to run on a schedule so we will skip straight to round 5 or 6, something like that

Tigers Tale

Juniors
If the season is on hold for 4 weeks a win tomorrow is huge. Not saying there is any easy game in the nrl but we were meant to play the knights (at LO), dogs and warriors in that period. We could have very well started the season off with a few handy competition points

the nrl has to run on a schedule so we will skip straight to round 5 or 6, something like that

Maybe the situation where we play some teams twice will change....maybe once per team will be the season.

Last edited:

Latest posts