What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

franklin2323

Immortal
Quite a shame I thought he was going alright until that the high shot last night. He needs to sort that out.

All the bench forwards did a good job I thought. I felt we got ambushed early and Tamou/Tetevano didn't have much impact. Roosters just got gassed and the final 20 minutes was one way traffic.

He is a grub only got a run through injury. Atleast now he can’t be picked

franklin2323

Immortal
No doubt about it. Neither Egan or Katoa have ever played a game as good as Korisau did last night. It completely changes the way you attack when the dummy-half threatens.

There was a lot of sloppy work from the middle forwards during set pieces but it is only Round 1. If they clean that up then our attack may not be so dire after all.

A few key guys out. Early season rust it will come good

Sime_11

Juniors
apart from the high shot (it worked - tedesco was quite as for the rest of the game) hetherington has improved alot. earned his spot IMO and should get another crack post suspension

we've lacked intimidation in our forwards, you want someone in the team who shows a bit of passion (within reason of course) hetherington can fit that role, just needs to control himself, which he seems to be doing...

i like the comeback story thats brewing for him, out of favour last year, hasnt whinged and said its too hard, he's reflected, had a really good pre season and deservedly got a game last night - whats not to love about that....

Zampaa

Juniors
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's worth watching the view from the crowd that chrighton posted on Instagram.

He was holding the interchange card as the play started, and scored at the end of it, incredible to see it from the stands, so glad someone filmed it.

OldPanther

Coach
apart from the high shot (it worked - tedesco was quite as for the rest of the game) hetherington has improved alot. earned his spot IMO and should get another crack post suspension

we've lacked intimidation in our forwards, you want someone in the team who shows a bit of passion (within reason of course) hetherington can fit that role, just needs to control himself, which he seems to be doing...

i like the comeback story thats brewing for him, out of favour last year, hasnt whinged and said its too hard, he's reflected, had a really good pre season and deservedly got a game last night - whats not to love about that....

He'll want to fix it or he won't get much game time. He doesn't have the respect of a JWH or Burgess to get away with it.

soc123_au

Staff member
Apart from Api & Yeo what impressed me most was the left side attack. Finally Kikau is being used effectively.

First try I expected them to give it to Billy. I imagine the defence did too. Luai summed it up perfectly with the kick for Nadan.

Second try it would have gone to Kikau last year in that play. Him being there created the space for the backs to do their work, Great kick from Sauce iced it.

Third try Nathan going to the line and poking his nose through, then giving it Billy is the way to do it, Tedesco had no chance.

Hopefully we see a lot more of that & keeping the variations going. The defences will be having nightmares.

betcats

Referee

Agree 100 percent. The high shot was a reaction to teddy accelerating towards a hole in the defence, it wasn’t a deliberate penalty. Outside of that he played controlled and looked good, people to ease up off him calling him a grub and a thug, he has obviously worked hard to get back into the mix, he deserves credit.

OldPanther

Coach
Jwh will 100 percent hit people worse than that this year and get suspended for it.

Absolutely the guy's a grub. Point is Hetherington is a rookie and as such will lose his first grade shot if he keeps getting suspended unlike these big name players who can just about do what they want.

franklin2323

Immortal
Absolutely the guy's a grub. Point is Hetherington is a rookie and as such will lose his first grade shot if he keeps getting suspended unlike these big name players who can just about do what they want.

Hetherington is a grub too. Had the chance with a few injuries to take a spot and wasted it

betcats

Referee

Fair enough. He does need avoid suspensions but he has a defensive attitude and work rate that will make coaches like Ivan give him a chance. High shots are going to happen though, every game has a high shot. Its the niggly penalties in the ruck, facials and holding etc that were killing him and the team two years ago and I didn't see any of that from him on the weekend, I am more than happy with his discipline from the weekend. The level of outrage because an accidental high shot is suprising to me.

Fair enough. He does need avoid suspensions but he has a defensive attitude and work rate that will make coaches like Ivan give him a chance. High shots are going to happen though, every game has a high shot. Its the niggly penalties in the ruck, facials and holding etc that were killing him two years ago and I didn't see any of that from him. The level of outrage because an accidental high shot is suprising to me.

Apart from the obvious penalty given against him for the high shot, I don’t recall any other penalties Hethero gave away

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Agree 100 percent. The high shot was a reaction to teddy accelerating towards a hole in the defence, it wasn’t a deliberate penalty. Outside of that he played controlled and looked good, people to ease up off him calling him a grub and a thug, he has obviously worked hard to get back into the mix, he deserves credit.

This is it.. A team needs an enforcer, those saying he is a grub were most likely the ones shouting for JWH...

OldPanther

Coach
Fair enough. He does need avoid suspensions but he has a defensive attitude and work rate that will make coaches like Ivan give him a chance. High shots are going to happen though, every game has a high shot. Its the niggly penalties in the ruck, facials and holding etc that were killing him and the team two years ago and I didn't see any of that from him on the weekend, I am more than happy with his discipline from the weekend. The level of outrage because an accidental high shot is suprising to me.

I'm not outraged though some probably are. Just don't want his reputation to catch up with him. I'm happy for him to be in the side because you need that enforcer to round out your pack.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not outraged though some probably are. Just don't want his reputation to catch up with him. I'm happy for him to be in the side because you need that enforcer to round out your pack.

The thing is prior loading gets too high. Any offence is going to be 2 weeks so as such he needs to change his style