What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

franklin2323

Immortal
I also agree Hethro is getting picked again. Cleary not making all fans excited but I think he is worth persevering with.

Did we ever find out which forward the Rabbitohs were sniffing around for in place of Jai Arrow?

Let me go a month in NSW Cup without getting suspended then go from there

Fangs

Coach
If you watch closely the biggest niggler in our side is Jerome and its not even close, he very much takes after Jimmy in that regard. He is constantly talking and getting in guys faces if they make an error etc He started at least one scuffle(the half time one) just niggling blokes and getting under their skin.

He loves to start a scrap or exacerbate it. Doesn't really bother me much unless it affects his attacking game.

betcats

Referee
He loves to start a scrap or exacerbate it. Doesn't really bother me much unless it affects his attacking game.

Oh It doesn't bother me(unless it manifest in other ways like Jimmy used particularly when we were losing) he has already been sin binned a couple times in his young career, we don't need another penalty magnet like Jimmy. But a niggling half doesn't bother me.

OldPanther

Coach
If you watch closely the biggest niggler in our side is Jerome and its not even close, he very much takes after Jimmy in that regard. He is constantly talking and getting in guys faces if they make an error etc He started at least one scuffle(the half time one) just niggling blokes and getting under their skin.

Yeah he loves to get into it. Hope it means he's competitive and will win games. He'll have to watch out with the punch/slap sin bin though.

Judging by his off-season I don't think he'd complain with that criteria. It seems to me he has done everything asked of him.

A big positive.

mxlegend99

Referee
Martin actually was one of our worst on the weekend, lowkey shocker.
Agreed. Love the guy and rate him highly. But that was a terrible game from him. Not sure any other option could have done worse than he did.

Backing him to bounce back this week though. He would have to be disappointed with himself.

betcats

Referee
Agreed. Love the guy and rate him highly. But that was a terrible game from him. Not sure any other option could have done worse than he did.

Backing him to bounce back this week though. He would have to be disappointed with himself.

Yeah he will be bounce back no doubt, just one of those games for him on saturday

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah Martin seems very good at getting reactions.
Saw him a few times last season bait someone, and stand there with his hands by his side - no self preservation at all - and no sign of fear.

Pretty sure he earned a penalty when the other guy head butted him.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah baby steps. Just on last year it's a nice little improvement that will help dramatically.

I think Naden is going to be a rocks & diamonds type player for at least a season or 2. He seems to put in plenty of effort, so that goes along way to forgiving the rocks games. Hopefully he keeps improving as he has some fantastic attributes.

MugaB

Coach
Yep he has a good ol' laugh im him
images.jpeg-7.jpg

BxTom

Bench
The one thing no one has mentioned and is probably the most important part of the Crichton try: Naden passed the ball to Mansour!!!!!
I noticed that in one of the trial games. It would seem that the powers that be must have noticed the lack of passing last year too. If he keeps passing at appropriate times, he will be a much better player for it. Now, about the defence...