What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
So you’re telling me there might be some bargains to be had?
They are some cheapie stocks right now that are far under valued. Consumer staples and healthcare for example. ASX has bounced today - and why shouldn't it ? When this tsunami recedes, the fundamentals of these companies are still there. The recovery after covid19 is all about the government being successful in promoting business as usual consumer confidence. They need to do whatever they can for small business to keep staff on and not face a surge in unemployment. It's consumer confidence that will allows us to claw our way out of this quickly. If managed correctly, we could be sitting here at Xmas with most things back to normal back to normal.

There are plenty of stocks on the rise today and in quite large volumes.

https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/adr/

84 Baby

Referee
They are some cheapie stocks right now that are far under valued. Consumer staples and healthcare for example. ASX has bounced today - and why shouldn't it ? When this tsunami recedes, the fundamentals of these companies are still there. The recovery after covid19 is all about the government being successful in promoting business as usual consumer confidence. They need to do whatever they can for small business to keep staff on and not face a surge in unemployment. It's consumer confidence that will allows us to claw our way out of this quickly. If managed correctly, we could be sitting here at Xmas with most things back to normal back to normal.

There are plenty of stocks on the rise today and in quite large volumes.

https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/adr/
Yeah I’m grabbing stocks. The big problem is a lot of companies are irretrievably losing income (mostly service based companies e.g. Qantas) because they simply can’t operate for a period of time. That value won’t necessarily bounce back straight away. Or other companies are rising now because of current demand (panic bought products) and that value isn’t likely to be sustained. Some dropped value blue chippers probably best course. Plus I have one speculatory target for a particular industry

hindy111

Post Whore
As a self employed merkin, how are you planning for your future ?

I only started to take planning for retirement seriously when I hit 40 and regret that I did not do so earlier.

Merkins who have a salary job are in a far better position as they not only contribute themselves to an industry super fund but also receive an employer contribution.

Ha f**k I have no super. Well maybe 25k. I worked forself since 23. Never contributed.