What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quicksilver

Bench
Seriously though, how do they propose we pay this back?

or are we just going with a bit of a MMT dynamic through the back door?

Quicksilver

Bench
I believe that our current situation has been made dramatically worse by encouraging ridiculous levels of private debt over the last two decades.

Eion

First Grade
I believe that our current situation has been made dramatically worse by encouraging ridiculous levels of private debt over the last two decades.
So you’d get in your time machine and get people to not accrue debt 20 years ago. Helpful.

Quicksilver

Bench
So you’d get in your time machine and get people to not accrue debt 20 years ago. Helpful.

well I wouldn’t join a party that was happy to perpetuate it over recent history.

Scomo’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme shows he was pretty happy for young people to take on mountains of debt.

carcharias

Immortal
well I wouldn’t join a party that was happy to perpetuate it over recent history.

Scomo’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme shows he was pretty happy for young people to take on mountains of debt.

Ha
Now you’re worried about people’s debt?
Make up ya mind ...I thought everyone should’ve been rich?

shadowboxer

First Grade
What’s labour’s plan?
C’mon give us a laugh.
I caught the ABC around lunchtime with Albo and old Labour hack Burke holding a press conference at Henson Park today - not much mentioned just a bag session on the govt. The presser was so informative they didn’t get a single question from the media. Nothing, zilch and nought.
Albo and Burke probally wandered up the road to Batch brewing for a few. Burke must be one of the longest servicing minister who has provided sweet FA to anything remotely tangible

Quicksilver

Bench
What’s labour’s plan?
C’mon give us a laugh.

Well, as at the last election they were advocating for pretty much business as usual too.

Maybe with a bit of tinkering around the edges like adjusting negative gearing and franking credits.

I’m not sure why I’m the spokesperson for a party I don’t particularly like though.

Quicksilver

Bench
What are the forum’s thoughts on a modern debt jubilee? As per Steve Keen’s ideas. I think it’s probably one of the better ideas floating around but I’m not quite sold yet.

carcharias

Immortal
Well, as at the last election they were advocating for pretty much business as usual too.

Maybe with a bit of tinkering around the edges like adjusting negative gearing and franking credits.

I’m not sure why I’m the spokesperson for a party I don’t particularly like though.

Tinkering?

hahaha

Quicksilver

Bench
Ha
Now you’re worried about people’s debt?
Make up ya mind ...I thought everyone should’ve been rich?

I don’t see where the conflict is?

Taking out high levels of debt is risky business. It might make you rich, or it might make you bankrupt. That’s the risk. I don’t know why savers should have to bail out those that geared too highly on their home loan/ investment loan.

carcharias

Immortal
Sorry Peter, I meant to say tinkerbell.

I joke.

but yes, just tinkering.
So according to you the current disaster just needs a bit of tinkering to completely save the country and everything else?

good god

stick to hoarding shit paper.

Last edited:

Latest posts