What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Eion

First Grade
explain to me why I’m the Labor spokesperson?
You’re the one bagging the government relentlessly. You say you’re labor leaning. Tell us how labor spends less in their policy response to this crisis. Can’t remember that coming of albos gob but prove me wrong.

Quicksilver

Bench
You’re the one bagging the government relentlessly. You say you’re labor leaning. Tell us how labor spends less in their policy response to this crisis. Can’t remember that coming of albos gob but prove me wrong.

Im typically “Labor leaning” on some things but I don’t follow everything they say like an obedient lap dog.

I don’t know what they’d do. They aren’t in government. I’m talking about the people who are. They are the only ones who can be accountable at this point in time. That’s the responsibility of the job. Even Scomo understands that.

I don’t understand how ideologically they can reconcile this cash splash with their supposed underlying philosophy.

carcharias

Immortal
Im typically “Labor leaning” on some things but I don’t follow everything they say like an obedient lap dog.

I don’t know what they’d do. They aren’t in government. I’m talking about the people who are. They are the only ones who can be accountable at this point in time. That’s the responsibility of the job. Even Scomo understands that.

I don’t understand how ideologically they can reconcile this cash splash with their supposed underlying philosophy.
He is trying to save your way of life.
Der

carcharias

Immortal
Again, see above

Oh this is what you always do.

I know your tactics little man.

you don’t actually respond to posts with any substance. You do this tacky dance around the edges.

This is so tiresome.

tiresome yes
You complain and rag out the job he is doing but can’t give an alternative.
Then cry when you get called out on it.
Use that dunny paper you brag about to wipe your tears too.

Eion

First Grade

Does it upset you that they aren’t responding in line with your idea of what their government is?

You see, most people are fundamentally pragmatic, it’s what’s good about this country and the PM is proving it despite the narrative some peddle. The loony far left and right are the vast minority. I like that this government has tossed out their surplus for something far more important without batting an eyelid. I also am enjoying how it’s sticking in the craw of people like you, it’s giving me some joy amongst all the pain out there.

But shops are open late so you best be off to stock up on the bog rolls. They’re in stock again, got a pack for my house today.

taipan

Referee
Well, they didn’t.

so here they are. The greatest of economic managers, blowing out the deficit in a time of severe downturn. No surplus for years.

If it wasn’t right to spend big through the GFC they shouldn’t be handing out money now. Stick to your guns FFS. Flimsy as.

If there hadn't been a Costello surplus presented to Rudd and Co,they would have been in sh*tter's ditch ,trying to finance school assembly halls etc.

If there hadn't been sensible economy managing in 2018/9 by the Libs the ScoMo govt would not be in the position to do what they are doing ,without letting our grandkids etc paying fo0r it over eons.

Labor knows how to spend even in the good times, economy managers? Na pass.

Reactions: Ads

Quicksilver

Bench
Does it upset you that they aren’t responding in line with your idea of what their government is?

You see, most people are fundamentally pragmatic, it’s what’s good about this country and the PM is proving it despite the narrative some peddle. The loony far left and right are the vast minority. I like that this government has tossed out their surplus for something far more important without batting an eyelid. I also am enjoying how it’s sticking in the craw of people like you, it’s giving me some joy amongst all the pain out there.

But shops are open late so you best be off to stock up on the bog rolls. They’re in stock again, got a pack for my house today.

These aren’t my rules you see...

These are their rules.

Rules that we were told were simply not possible.

These rules apparently broke all laws of physics only a couple of weeks ago.

So... are we going to break?

It’s interesting to think about.

Quicksilver

Bench
If there hadn't been a Costello surplus presented to Rudd and Co,they would have been in sh*tter's ditch ,trying to finance school assembly halls etc.

If there hadn't been sensible economy managing in 2018/9 by the Libs the ScoMo govt would not be in the position to do what they are doing ,without letting our grandkids etc paying fo0r it over eons.

Labor knows how to spend even in the good times, economy managers? Na pass.

Yes.

Russia and China’s recent gold buying is interesting.

taipan

Referee
Yes.

Russia and China’s recent gold buying is interesting.

China did such a wonderful job of alerting the world about the COVID-19 when it started: NOT. That's probably why they bought all these gold ingots, too busy
Russia? Well if they're not shooting down civilian airliners, they are apparently buying gold ingots, or imprisoning journalists.
Oh and the Perth Mint has gold for sale.i'm sure that assists pandemics.

taipan

Referee
Costello The prick sold all the silver Taips..... Sold it at a loss.

He kept Rudd & Co in a financial position to handle the GFC Quigs. And helped make Swan the "world's greatest treasurer" perform wonders.

He also helped get us the Southern Stand ,else we'd be still sitting on wooden benches.

He and Keating were the best financial managers in my lifetime.