What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Suli

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Did we need to digress from this thread? Is Moses Suli coming to the Dragons or not? Comments on how other league ex players and league officials feel about our club and McGregor should be on the Sack McGregor thread.

Quite amazing that ol' McGregor rears his head in so many threads - he must be a terrible person. Hahahaha!
I watched Freddy and 8th a minute ago on Youtube and they reckon Suli is basically a done deal at the Dragons and Joey reckons the Dragons are in big trouble for the fact Friz wanted to leave.

getsmarty

Immortal

Thanks for posting...interesting comments from a.Johns...eg Frizell a steal @ 700K...will bring in more fans...leader of the pack...Also the comment about Suli going to the dragons...stated that he was chasing the money and that Hasler got the best out of him....

The comment...there are problems at the Dragons..."I don't know what is going on down there"..."Frizz wanting to leave because he wants to win a premiership etc....All points to the mess that we are.

Again, they skirt around the issue because they don't want to criticize a "Mate "

WAKE UP BOARD.... you are making our club the laughing stock of the NRL.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Thanks for posting...interesting comments from a.Johns...eg Frizell a steal @ 700K...will bring in more fans...leader of the pack...Also the comment about Suli going to the dragons...stated that he was chasing the money and that Hasler got the best out of him....

The comment...there are problems at the Dragons..."I don't know what is going on down there"..."Frizz wanting to leave because he wants to win a premiership etc....All points to the mess that we are.

Again, they skirt around the issue because they don't want to criticize a "Mate "

When the club captain doesn't believe his team is capable of challenging for a premiership in the next 3 years under the current leadership, what more does the board need. If that's not an indication that he's lost the dressing room then what is!? Anyway, no point venting. We all know deep down he will see out his contact

utility dragon

Juniors

As others have stated Suli has great potential but under Mcidiot he will fade. If we get our coaching right and for me that’s Flanagan long term then players like suli, ford, Kerr, hunt, Sullivan, Ramsey etc will be properly mentored and be disciplined. It all comes down to what the coach accepts.

getsmarty

Immortal
When the club captain doesn't believe his team is capable of challenging for a premiership in the next 3 years under the current leadership, what more does the board need. If that's not an indication that he's lost the dressing room then what is!? Anyway, no point venting. We all know deep down he will see out his contact

Correct except your last sentence...He will be gone by the end of this year....if not earlier...can't come soon enough.

possm

Coach
I think the same jbjbjb40 that the cap will be lowered significantly for a few years to help with the costs to bring the games back after the alleged squandering by the NRL of the funds given to it by the broadcasters.

I'd say that the new amount would be around $6.5m which is a third of the current cap of $9.8m. So if the cap is reduced by a third, players earning $900K will end up with a price tag of $600K, another earning $600K would be paid $400K and so on. So yes as you say the new salary will be determined by percentage to be agreed by players, managers association and NRL is how i see it.
If th NRL are startng up the comp. again and have promised to cut the waste within their HQ, and SOO is still going ahead, then there should be minimal change to the cap. Rather the cap should be sealed at a slight level lower than the current level with 3rd party payments and 'whole of game' payments being banned.

Player managers should arrange any extra payments for players and those playments should be paid directly to players by the NRL. Players should not be allowed to earn any extra income while under contract to an NRL club or the NRL.

The NRL should be responsible for players payments for SOO and Rep. games.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The board will just blame the ex captain

Latest posts