What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I can only imagine the horror his children would have felt while the incredible hulk went about his business of destroying the house

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I don't use the forum very much, and haven't for a long time. As someone you works with people who suffer from mental health, it is disturbing to see how many of you make an absolute joke regarding the incident with Tim Lafai. It is very easy to have a laugh on the forum, and I sincerely hope that is all it is meant to be. The man needs help and encouragement, not a bagging on the forum. No matter what you may all think of him as a footballer, he is a human being first and foremost, and should be treated with a little more respect, the respect he is obviously not getting from some of the followers on this forum.

Yes- to his credit, it seems he hurt only himself. However, it would still have been terrifying for his family- Hopefully Psychology 101 will become mandatory for all footballers as part of their education and the first lesson has to be that alcohol pharmacologically is a depressant - so if you already have depression, you are effectively pouring petrol on a fire when you drink to excess.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I can think of someone who could help with the painting.

In that case, continue renovating!

Club Announcement - The club wishes to thank Paul McGregor for his past efforts and wish him every success with his painting business.

The Club Fans added ........ Don't forget to close the door on your way out, Paul.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
This jerkoff clearly didn’t learn from his other alcohol drama down in the gong with Havili a few years ago. What kind of a farkwit goes ballistic after his wife asks him to spend more time with his family instead of training?? Instead drinks more pi$$ and plays Clubber Lang in his own home which his wife and kids would have heard?? Such a tool now f**koff from the club. HE IS NOT A VICTIM HERE!!!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
This jerkoff clearly didn’t learn from his other alcohol drama down in the gong with Havili a few years ago. What kind of a farkwit goes ballistic after his wife asks him to spend more time with his family instead of training?? Instead drinks more pi$$ and plays Clubber Lang in his own home which his wife and kids would have heard?? Such a tool now f**koff from the club. HE IS NOT A VICTIM HERE!!!

Once Were Warriors comes to mind here...Timmy the Muss

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

In following GI footsteps, let’s appoint him captain and pitch more money at him when he throws in the towel and retires as a great leader of the game.

Seriously, sack the idiot immediately.

Banjo2014

Juniors
In following GI footsteps, let’s appoint him captain and pitch more money at him when he throws in the towel and retires as a great leader of the game.

Seriously, sack the idiot immediately.

I've worked law enforcement all of my life - these two will be holding hands at the mall - all lovey dovey and happy - way before any further Police action is taken.

Gareth67

First Grade
I dunno. This is starting to sound more like a mental health issue. Don't think we should be throwing rocks at the bloke.

Agree Johnno, not excusing the man’s actions IF - IF they were indeed directed at his own family , but we are not in possession of the full facts as to just what really occurred and as Dragonslayer has pointed out , the media has a bad habit of sensationalizing a story to extremes .

I have been absent from the forum for a while now , but reading some of the comments posted on this particular thread makes me sick in the stomach .

The calm one

Juniors
Agree Johnno, not excusing the man’s actions IF - IF they were indeed directed at his own family , but we are not in possession of the full facts as to just what really occurred and as Dragonslayer has pointed out , the media has a bad habit of sensationalizing a story to extremes .

I have been absent from the forum for a while now , but reading some of the comments posted on this particular thread makes me sick in the stomach .
I wonder if the thought of being unemployed next year got to him. Does anyone know his address.
I will post him a tomato plant to ease the stress.
Stay calm and don't overdose the chocolate egg thing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With the JDB thing hanging over their heads, surely Tim's efforts will not please Mary 1 bit, if anything lose some respect.

If he does have mental issues then Saints should do the right thing and get him sorted with some therapy. He does not sound right to do such a thing.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Im not saying Lafai should of been charged as it is obviously unfair to give an opinion without all the facts but if I just generalise it by saying in most cases if police are called to a residence by neighbours, and it’s found after a heated verbal one of the parties have punched holes in the wall then the offender must be arrested for malicious damage. It’s a crime and police can be found negligent not only for their actions but also for inaction. If proven the poi will not only be charged but will also served with avo. The conditions of which can have restrictions on the perpetrator. which would undoubtedly include the poi is not to be around any of his family members within 12 hours of consuming alcohol and can extend to restricting the poi from going back to his home or even have a contact clause.

After reading some posts I get the vibe that some feel punching holes in your walls is excusable if someone is having a mental health breakdown, which of course is completely wrong if it occurs in situations like I have explained above. Instead of ignoring criminal behaviour the onus is on the Poi to seek help and it’s seen as necessary and/or beneficial upon sentencing if he/she has shown steps to address his/her mental health or alcohol/drug or anger issues.

If he had a punching bag for example, this wouldn’t have made the news. All he needs to do is go to rebel, buy a punching bag and hang it up...the next time he has a tantrum, he can take it out on the punching bag instead of his house...problem solved.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Im not saying Lafai should of been charged as it is obviously unfair to give an opinion without all the facts but if I just generalise it by saying in most cases if police are called to a residence by neighbours, and it’s found after a heated verbal one of the parties have punched holes in the wall then the offender must be arrested for malicious damage. It’s a crime and police can be found negligent not only for their actions but also for inaction. If proven the poi will not only be charged but will also served with avo. The conditions of which can have restrictions on the perpetrator. which would undoubtedly include the poi is not to be around any of his family members within 12 hours of consuming alcohol and can extend to restricting the poi from going back to his home or even have a contact clause.

After reading some posts I get the vibe that some feel punching holes in your walls is excusable if someone is having a mental health breakdown, which of course is completely wrong if it occurs in situations like I have explained above. Instead of ignoring criminal behaviour the onus is on the Poi to seek help and it’s seen as necessary and/or beneficial upon sentencing if he/she has shown steps to address his/her mental health or alcohol/drug or anger issues.
He should be charged with fraud for impersonating a first grade footballer

The calm one

Juniors
With the JDB thing hanging over their heads, surely Tim's efforts will not please Mary 1 bit, if anything lose some respect.

If he does have mental issues then Saints should do the right thing and get him sorted with some therapy. He does not sound right to do such a thing.
It's not his first alcohol related issue. Isn't it amazing everytime a professional sports person or a person who is always in the media trucks up, "It's a mental health thing"
Perhaps these people should go and spend a week if someone who has genuine mental health issues. It may be what they need to jerk them into gear.
I am not saying for a moment there are not genuine cases out there but it does get abused and used as a cop out.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I hear what you are saying but it’s never right to make those around you feel threatened and unfortunately, in these times, SOME people, not all but some jump on the ‘mental health’ bandwagon in an attempt to somehow justify their action.

l guess l’m old school with the view that we are all responsible for our action and sometimes, we just need to man up and say we stuffed up.... big time.

l don’t know the finer details of Lafai’s actions but l would think we don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see the basics of what’s transpired.

l hope there is a happier ending to what’s happened.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I've worked law enforcement all of my life - these two will be holding hands at the mall - all lovey dovey and happy - way before any further Police action is taken.

Yes- the Dylan Walker farce comes to mind- a drain on the legal system and a waste of police resources and taxpayer's money in presenting the case.

Latest posts