What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

BLM01

First Grade
It's not his first alcohol related issue. Isn't it amazing everytime a professional sports person or a person who is always in the media trucks up, "It's a mental health thing"
Perhaps these people should go and spend a week if someone who has genuine mental health issues. It may be what they need to jerk them into gear.
I am not saying for a moment there are not genuine cases out there but it does get abused and used as a cop out.
Master that is a bit outrageous for you...stay calm. Let these petals sort themselves out. Nothing to stress over....just a private family tiff. It stops there.
Besides Timmy along with Euan has been named in the Dragons team of the last decade for acentre position..along with the likes of Cooper & Gasnier. That should puck him up.
Looks like they have named every centre from the past decade.:confused:..sorry I am calm :p

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jeez some of the comments on here make me ashamed to support the same club as some of you.

Yes, it’s not good if allegations against him are true. But let’s get due process sorted out to see what actually happened.

I’m a little confused though. Why are so many people happy to send him packing early before the police do their bit, but yet there are calls about “innocent until proven guilty” for another player we have on our books..

Why is that?

BLM01

First Grade
Jeez some of the comments on here make me ashamed to support the same club as some of you.

Yes, it’s not good if allegations against him are true. But let’s get due process sorted out to see what actually happened.

I’m a little confused though. Why are so many people happy to send him packing early before the police do their bit, but yet there are calls about “innocent until proven guilty” for another player we have on our books..

Why is that?
I agree. But there are some on this thread alone that support your thoughts on Timmy but did not apply the same to that other player on our books who is also still potentially innocent at this very moment... but happily had him hung drawn and quartered becuase of what the newspapers told them and followed the social media outrage and verbal attacks. Why is that?. Yes the answer may be the allegations are far worse but.......they are allegations

Kilkenny

Coach
I rarely if ever join in on other clubs forums but I guess I am a little bored in the current climate.

Can I just saw I am a little surprised Tim Lafai was not charged as opposed to the Police taking the rather easy way out in pursing a AVO.

I would have thought a spouse punching holes in walls of the domestic home would have at the very least have constituted the criminal offence of ‘Intimidation’ towards a domestic spouse even if the spouse in question was not prepared to make a formal statement. Surely any evidence gather from neighbours hearing certain verbal situations and the physical evidence of the damage cause would have been sufficient to put him before the court.

I haven’t followed the previous 8 or so pages but again it would appear we have a situation where the mental health card will be played and in many respects it is all too convenient in my opinion.

Sorry if I infringed on your forum, just my two bobs worth only posted because I feel sorry for the real victims here and the victim is probably not the perpetrator.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I agree. But there are some on this thread alone that support your thoughts on Timmy but did not apply the same to that other player on our books who is also still potentially innocent at this very moment... but happily had him hung drawn and quartered becuase of what the newspapers told them and followed the social media outrage and verbal attacks. Why is that?. Yes the answer may be the allegations are far worse but.......they are allegations
It sounds like you’ve paid a lot of attention to particular people on this site if you can make those claims..

BLM01

First Grade
I rarely if ever join in on other clubs forums but I guess I am a little bored in the current climate.

Can I just saw I am a little surprised Tim Lafai was not charged as opposed to the Police taking the rather easy way out in pursing a AVO.

I would have thought a spouse punching holes in walls of the domestic home would have at the very least have constituted the criminal offence of ‘Intimidation’ towards a domestic spouse even if the spouse in question was not prepared to make a formal statement. Surely any evidence gather from neighbours hearing certain verbal situations and the physical evidence of the damage cause would have been sufficient to put him before the court.

I haven’t followed the previous 8 or so pages but again it would appear we have a situation where the mental health card will be played and in many respects it is all too convenient in my opinion.

Sorry if I infringed on your forum, just my two bobs worth only posted because I feel sorry for the real victims here and the victim is probably not the perpetrator.
I disagree...with the he should of been charged bit. If the police did not see fit to do so why would we think it was?.
It is partly his house maybe...if he wants to punch and head butt holes in his property that is his choice.
I agree not a good look or great role modelling if in fact his wife and kids were there... but charged?
It sounds like you’ve paid a lot of attention to particular people on this site if you can make those claims..
Just as you do Muz!

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just as you do Muz!
Mine’s based on the majority view of posts about both cases.

You start picking apart individuals for their particular view on both matters and it’s gets a bit murky due to their own personal circumstances and history.

BLM01

First Grade
Mine’s based on the majority view of posts about both cases.

You start picking apart individuals for their particular view on both matters and it’s gets a bit murky due to their own personal circumstances and history.
So..mine is too.
2nd paragraph I agree
But this is a forum i assume meant to be light hearted with a bit of banter and debate thrown in.
But if people want to treat it as a serious place to vent and argue because they believe their point is valid and others are not...so be it.
Their freedom of choice or speech...which we all have.

Kilkenny

Coach
I disagree...with the he should of been charged bit. If the police did not see fit to do so why would we think it was?.
It is partly his house maybe...if he wants to punch and head butt holes in his property that is his choice.
I agree not a good look or great role modelling if in fact his wife and kids were there... but charged?

Just as you do Muz!

If I said ‘should’ I apologise maybe I should have said ‘could’ have been charged.

The point I was making was his behaviour may have constituted an act of intimidation to towards the domestic partner and or children and the whether it is his property or not doesn’t really matter under the law? It is his own personal actions that constitute an act of intimidation regardless of whose property is damaged.

Crush

Coach
Unrelated to the incident, I think Tim Lafai has been extremely lucky to play for as long as he has in the NRL.
His form has been terrible for 50% of his career at least.
For SGI he had an absolutely woeful 2016 and it took our dimwit coach 16 rounds to finally drop him.
Then 2017 he flew out of the blocks and was excellent for about 10 weeks.
Then was mediocre for 2018 and terrible for 2019.
In reality, he should have been replaced by Taane Milne in week 6 of 2016 and moved back to reserve grade to finish his career in the lower grades.
We have let guys like Milne, Mann, Herbert all go to hang on to Tim Lafai.
He and Aitken are extremely lucky to have made careers out of NRL and have Paul McGregor to thank for picking and sticking.
They are not NRL players.

TruSaint

Referee
Unrelated to the incident, I think Tim Lafai has been extremely lucky to play for as long as he has in the NRL.
For SGI he had an absolutely woeful 2016 and it took our dimwit coach 16 rounds to finally drop him.
In reality, he should have been replaced by Taane Milne in week 6 of 2016 and moved back to reserve grade to finish his career in the lower grades.
He and Aitken are extremely lucky to have made careers out of NRL and have Paul McGregor to thank for picking and sticking.

Couldn't agree more.
And to think I was actually happy when we signed him from the Dogs.

He has been bog average on par with the much maligned Aitken.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've worked law enforcement all of my life - these two will be holding hands at the mall - all lovey dovey and happy - way before any further Police action is taken.

Your post is rather concerning, particularly from some one claiming to be involved in law enforcement which I make the assumption is as a Police Officer.

The assertions you make are far and away from the assumptions you should be making as an impartial law enforcement officer, turning up at the scene and making an impartial assessment of the situation based on the evidence available to you at the time.

What may or may not happen at the mall the next day or further down the track should not dissuade you from doing your job at the time you attend the original complaint and from what you have written you clearly have a pre disposed bias which as a someone who alludes to being a Police Officer is frankly astounding.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So..mine is too.
2nd paragraph I agree
But this is a forum i assume meant to be light hearted with a bit of banter and debate thrown in.
But if people want to treat it as a serious place to vent and argue because they believe their point is valid and others are not...so be it.
Their freedom of choice or speech...which we all have.
You’re not putting across a very clear point in all of this.

First you’re condemning individuals for having differing opinions, but then saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And there’s a time and place for light hearted banter. Not really sure an issue of domestic violence and someone committing themselves into medical care due to mental health problems.

Particularly as it was media reports of the issue which triggered the need to go into care.

This is a public forum. What’s not to say Tim read some of the comments in here?

BLM01

First Grade
To be fair..outside of Mann. Milne and Herbert are not exactly tearing it up over there at the Warriors.
I agree his best year was likely 2015..before he left the Dogs and we signed him based on him scoring that try in the QF wher the Dogs beat us yet again in the last few minutes..as he was a right centre then.

Crush

Coach
To be fair..outside of Mann. Milne and Herbert are not exactly tearing it up over there at the Warriors.
I agree his best year was likely 2015..before he left the Dogs and we signed him based on him scoring that try in the QF wher the Dogs beat us yet again in the last few minutes..as he was a right centre then.
I'm not saying that Mann, Milne and Herbert are top quality centres just that they are better than Lafai. They would have been superior options.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm not saying that Mann, Milne and Herbert are top quality centres just that they are better than Lafai. They would have been superior options.
Yeah..okay. I raised those 2 as I thought they were not really better options IMO.
Mann I could have lived with at 4 over Lafai definitely