What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

ffs Mary

Juniors
Im surprised Lafai hasn't coped well in this forced bubble since he is used to playing in bubble at centre.

I don't use the forum very much, and haven't for a long time. As someone you works with people who suffer from mental health, it is disturbing to see how many of you make an absolute joke regarding the incident with Tim Lafai. It is very easy to have a laugh on the forum, and I sincerely hope that is all it is meant to be. The man needs help and encouragement, not a bagging on the forum. No matter what you may all think of him as a footballer, he is a human being first and foremost, and should be treated with a little more respect, the respect he is obviously not getting from some of the followers on this forum.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I don't use the forum very much, and haven't for a long time. As someone you works with people who suffer from mental health, it is disturbing to see how many of you make an absolute joke regarding the incident with Tim Lafai. It is very easy to have a laugh on the forum, and I sincerely hope that is all it is meant to be. The man needs help and encouragement, not a bagging on the forum. No matter what you may all think of him as a footballer, he is a human being first and foremost, and should be treated with a little more respect, the respect he is obviously not getting from some of the followers on this forum.
So well said

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He has gone to hospital.
For an assessment according to fox sports.
It says alcohol was involved.
Doesn't help the situation,
He won’t get in any trouble, it shouldn’t have even made the papers. He’s in lockdown, his career is on the line etc there are a lot of factors that would have went into him losing his shit. This is the last we will hear of it I reckon, I hope too.

Old Timer

Coach
Here’s the link.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/38c2d5456a85bb4d78311ff5434753d5

IMO this is all the result of this over the top lockdown, this sort of thing is going on in many many homes I would suggest. We need to start easing up and allowing people out and about. Mental health is very important. Please all stay in touch with your family and friends in these awful times.
IMO you are barking completely up the wrong tree re letting people out & about.
If you want to end up a basket case re Coronavirus then your plan is the one to follow.
The issue for the RL players is they have lived a very privileged and unfortunately male and blokey dominated lifestyle.
For some if not many RL players handling this necessary isolation will be incredibly difficult.
The report has Lafai wanting to do gym in the garage with his "mate" well maybe his wife protested and said what about "social distancing"
Without trying to put too finer point on it most likely the average NRL player is not that smart to understand the anxiety for others in respect of their actions as in normal life they are not questioned very often.
The problem isn't with the virus or the lockdown it is with social behaviour and our ability to follow rules.
Look at the infection and death rates of countries not dissimilar to us in England, USA, Italy, Spain where they were out and about and you think that is a good situation here and your post predicated on the actions of 1 NRL player.
Stay home, stay alert, stay within the rules.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Since McIdiot took over he has created a culture of ill discipline. Dragons have been more in the news with these incidents than ever before. Blame must go on the imposter of a coach.

Absolutely correct.

Lafai knows that his free ride at the expense of others is ending.

Waterboy has falsely sustained our pair of second rate centres for many years

& the Club’s current implosion is the longterm consequence of this maleficence

Justice is finding a slow voice IMO

& Waterboy will pay in spades unless he steps aside for the good of the Club right now

- because things will get much worse,

Lafai’s seeming rage as he sees the reality of his predicament & the Club’s impending meltdown - rather than the cultivated delusion of his ‘coach’- is understandable

- but of course unacceptable,

and I suspect he knows that too.

He is a symptom of a Club broken by its coach’s stupidity & incompetence.

- a coach yet to see & account for the stark realities that this unfortunate individual has sighted in a nightmarish way.

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
Absolutely correct.

Lafai knows that his free ride at the expense of others is ending.

Waterboy has falsely sustained our pair of second rate centres for many years

& the Club’s current implosion is the longterm consequence of this maleficence

Justice is finding a slow voice IMO & Waterboy will pay in spades unless he steps aside for the good of the Club right now

- because things will get much worse,

Lafai’s seeming rage as he sees the reality of his predicament & the Club’s impending meltdown - rather than the cultivated delusion of his ‘coach’- is understandable

- but of course unacceptable,

and I’m suspect he knows that too.

He is a symptom of a Club broken by its coach’s stupidity & incompetence.

- a coach yet to see & account for the stark realities that this unfortunate individual has sighted in a nightmarish way.

I used to think Rabbitohs supporters were bad. And then I spent a bit of time in the STGI forums...

Warabrook saint

Juniors
He should respect his wife and children.....he's not the victim in this