What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

When Andrew Gordon puts NRL premiership before mateship
OR
When Ryan Webb grows a pair & puts the financial downside of keeping Waterboy to the sleeping Board
OR
When Albert throws some of his weight around to bring honour to a once great Club
OR
Waterboy steps honourably aside
OR
When the players mutiny
OR
(We lose 7-8 games on the trot)

I’d prefer Andrew to apologise in the process = (#1)

Well Freddy suggested recently that once McScrotey lost the playing group it was all over.

If memory serves me correctly, McNewmarchHouse called for a Royal Commission and it said he’d be giving Freddy a personal call, to presumably

1. Show displeasure

and

2. Lay down the law

Freddy may be the most successful coach in nsw history, is on tv and in print all over the game, best mate of rabs, the drug fuelled drunken immortal and Gus Gold..

...but he’s got no influence or power at all compared to Him who holds....the water bottle of power.

Andrew sent Bruce a cd of the Munsters three weeks ago to Bruce’s aged care centre in the Bahamas.

“ Put that on prime time” Bruce ordered.

“ Has Wishart made first grade?”

Nurse, I’ve dropped my teeth, bend over and pick them up dear”

redv13

Bench
When I used to see a fellow Saints supporter wearing a hat or jersey or whatever in passing, i'd proudly/passionately say 'Go the Saints!' Unfortunately for years now, the only thing I holler with venom to the fellow sufferer is, 'Sack McGregor!!!'
At the end of the day there is only 1 red V and no matter how $hit we’re going everyone else can get fuc***. We are St George, the mighty mighty St George :clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Unfortunately for years now, the only thing I holler with venom to the fellow sufferer is, 'Sack McGregor!!!'

Our sentiments exactly HD

Day 24
Ryan Webb

And hello from your ‘adoring’ & ’captivated’ fan base’. FFS

So The Board have leant on you to pen some softcock corporate doublespeak to placate the ‘Social Channels’ who are (l’m sorry) more pissed off than ‘passionate’

- something you seem to half acknowledge euphemistically as ‘extremely evident’

Mate, you mention:
- a ‘genuine willingness to challenge how we do things’
and
- an ‘acceptance of change & growth’

Yet with Andrew’s Waterboy none of the above is possible or has ever been evident in his 7 miserable years.

Membership, crowds, results,
recruitment, respect & finances have tanked BECAUSE of Andrew’s failed mate.

You say:
- ‘without Members, there is no StGeorge Illawarra’
and
- ‘hurdles’ have been ‘put in our way that are out of our control.

Sack McHurdle and ALL your above issues go away

And instantly your ‘change & growth’ materialises

- along with an additional 10,000 of your ‘adoring’ Members, your ‘key financial drivers’ as you so correctly state.

Your hyperbole about being ‘excited by the Club’s roster’ is 3 parts BS but perhaps fairdinkum in regards to our juniors.

...and your excitement is delusional & unshared by fans, Tyson & Gareth et al, Sportsbet & the Commentariat

But again it all comes back to the major ‘hurdle’ of Waterboy, because:
- he destroys juniors
- impairs recruitment
- tanks finances & belief
- is the CAUSE of disrespect
(for you & the Board)
- had the team he wanted
(& came 15th)
- is universally seen to be
fighting it out for The Wooden Spoon in 2020, having just missed it in 2019.

So with Andrew’s mate gone we could believe your spiel about change, growth, innovation & excitement

...but until you act & stand up to The Board, it’s back to the trenches mate

and BTW
you’ll earn respect
- when you do something respectable
- when you & The Board are genuine rather than disingenuous

....with The Barnacle On The Arse Of Progress gone?

EVERTHING changes

We’re all universally gobsmacked
that you guys

just don’t get it

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be conflating or confusing love of club with respect for management.

The club is stand alone and immortal and made up of many parts.

Your role as fans and members, just passing the baton on for the next generation. The essential love, respect and care for the club as a whole never waivers.

You want to be able to say you left the club in a better place than you found it on account of your involvement, by your own contribution.

And everyone together lifts the colours and name of the club to higher ground.

But your watch at the moment is under siege by management that even if it is well intended it is basically incompetent with little to no hope of self realisation of this indisputable fact. There’s no dispute. The club is in complete darkness and there’s not much light to be seen anywhere. Memories of glory are fading as each day passes. People are giving up. They shouldn’t but they are.

I think Linespeed and I agree that a lot of the management isn’t well intended. It’s fundamentally driven by selfishness. Mary not standing down for the good of the club is an obvious example. He is not a good bloke. He’s looking after himself and his mates.

And worse still is the representations they make that everything is fine and all these changes will fix everything, not realising that people aren’t stupid and memories in clubland last for longer than 2 games.

So I think that the true believers, the people who love the club the most are the ones who won’t rest until this current farce is dead and buried.

They have their torches and they won’t let the club be lost in this long night for too much longer.

It’s their love and respect for the club that calls to them to arms.

This is not a war on the club, it’s a war on the people who are dragging her into the gutter.

It’s almost a duty of ever fan and member to get active and take every opportunity to force change.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Our sentiments exactly HD

Day 24
Ryan Webb

And hello from your ‘adoring’ & ’captivated’ fan base’. FFS

So The Board have leant on you to pen some softcock corporate doublespeak to placate the ‘Social Channels’ who are (l’m sorry) more pissed off than ‘passionate’

- something you seem to half acknowledge euphemistically as ‘extremely evident’

Mate, you mention:
- a ‘genuine willingness to challenge how we do things’
and
- an ‘acceptance of change & growth’

Yet with Andrew’s Waterboy none of the above is possible or has ever been evident in his 7 miserable years.

Membership, crowds, results,
recruitment, respect & finances have tanked BECAUSE of Andrew’s failed mate.

You say:
- ‘without Members, there is no StGeorge Illawarra’
and
- ‘hurdles’ have been ‘put in our way that are out of our control.

Sack McHurdle and ALL your above issues go away

And instantly your ‘change & growth’ materialises

- along with an additional 10,000 of your ‘adoring’ Members, your ‘key financial drivers’ as you so correctly state.

Your hyperbole about being ‘excited by the Club’s roster’ is 3 parts BS but perhaps fairdinkum in regards to our juniors.

...and your excitement is delusional & unshared by fans, Tyson & Gareth et al, Sportsbet & the Commentariat

But again it all comes back to the major ‘hurdle’ of Waterboy, because:
- he destroys juniors
- impairs recruitment
- is the CAUSE of disrespect
(for you & the Board)
- had the team he wanted
(& came 15th)
- is universally seen to be
fighting it out for The Wooden Spoon in 2020, having just missed it in 2019.

So with Andrew’s mate gone we could believe your spiel about change, growth, innovation & excitement

...but until you act & stand up to The Board, it’s back to the trenches mate

and BTW
you’ll earn respect
- when you do something respectable
- when you & The Board are genuine rather than disingenuous

....with The Barnacle On The Arse Of Progress gone?

EVERTHING changes

We’re all universally gobsmacked
that you guys

just don’t get it
Very well put Linespeed. Would be good if your post could be sent to Mr Webb. If not, hopefully he looks at our Forum and reads what you have said.
Your final sentence - "We're all universally gobsmacked that you guys just don't get it" should be highlighted.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Very well put Linespeed. Would be good if your post could be sent to Mr Webb. If not, hopefully he looks at our Forum and reads what you have said.
Your final sentence - "We're all universally gobsmacked that you guys just don't get it" should be highlighted.

Well DD this is what he’s said in this ‘new’ era of ‘openness’ & ‘agility’:

“....rest assured that we will do everything we can to ensure that our members feel valued and we will communicate with you as quickly and openly as we can”

A posted email would show true courage Ryan

....but one simple & decisive act is all that’s needed.

I’m sure most CEO’s across the NRL are aware of the Dragons’ fans’ justifiable sentiments towards Andrew’s Mate

- and most would read the ‘Social Channels’

- and most would be flummoxed by The Waterboy’s totally incomprehensible retention as he campaigns again for The Spoon

Isn’t McFail’s winning of only 4 out of the last 22 games ample proof of failure?
....and that’s without including the disastrous 6 previous years - where 7th was our best ranking FFS?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Well DD this is what he’s said in this ‘new’ era of ‘openness’ & ‘agility’:

“....rest assured that we will do everything we can to ensure that our members feel valued and we will communicate with you as quickly and openly as we can”

An posted email would show true courage Ryan

....but one simple & decisive act is all that’s needed.

I’m sure most CEO’s across the NRL are aware of the Dragons’ fans’ justifiable sentiments towards Andrew’s Mate

- and most would read the ‘Social Channels’

- and most would be flummoxed by The Waterboy’s totally incomprehensible retention as he campaigns again for The Spoon
Keep it up Linespeed. You will be in line for special awards and accolades if the Waterboy ends his coaching tenure at the Dragons sooner rather than later.

George Dragon

Juniors
In the coming weeks, St George Illawarra will be providing Red V members the exclusive opportunity to video conference with their favourite Dragons.

Knowing that our much-admired membership events have been postponed for the foreseeable future, the Dragons want to bring the club to you!

Now is your chance to enter our Red V membership ballot for the chance to converse and ask questions of Dragons prop James Graham and coach Paul McGregor.

Enter your details and your questions for Jammar and Mary in the following form and be in the running to meet them in the comfort of your own living room.

Members will have until the end of Thursday, 30 April to enter!

Question, Mary when are you going to own up to your failures and quit ?

I don't think I will be selected.

TruSaint

Referee
In the coming weeks, St George Illawarra will be providing Red V members the exclusive opportunity to video conference with their favourite Dragons.

Knowing that our much-admired membership events have been postponed for the foreseeable future, the Dragons want to bring the club to you!

Now is your chance to enter our Red V membership ballot for the chance to converse and ask questions of Dragons prop James Graham and coach Paul McGregor.

Enter your details and your questions for Jammar and Mary in the following form and be in the running to meet them in the comfort of your own living room.

Members will have until the end of Thursday, 30 April to enter!

Question, Mary when are you going to own up to your failures and quit ?

I don't think I will be selected.

George when did they announce that ?

Curious to know as deadline is today. :) Smart way to ensure only Mary's relatives enrol.

BLM01

First Grade
Gold.

48 hours to act on this. LOL.

Edit. And nothing on the website as we speak ( unless i missed it )...
Yep. Ryan Webb working his magic.
What a shame I missed the deadline..but why the rush. What were they scared of?.
Thats right you will be balloted. (i.e. keep discarding most of the questions for Mary until 1 is polite or is encouraging for him...if they get 1..but they will....written by Dragons media themselves)
I was only going to ask Mary will you sign another contract in the near future!..for the 2022 season!.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Probably one of the suck ups from their Facebook page will be selected.

Day 25
Ryan Webb

No amount of Club hype, glitz, deflection or video conferencing can remedy the starkest of your realities:

With Andrew’s Waterboy retained past this week the bookies have us as dual contenders for The Spoon.

You can’t polish a turd mate

It’ll be:

...4/23,4/24,425,4/26,4/27 .....

Then what?

Another Gould review not about the coach FFS?

Or will Andrew Gordon finally relent

... & sideline the ego
- with the Club catastrophically on its knees

And sack his mate,
the accidental ‘coach’?

Or will we jockey for The Spoon 3 years in a row with a progressively weakening roster

- a ruinous depletion that is coach-driven because our local talent is unnurtured
&
elite players not only mock Waterboy publicly, but refuse point blank to play under him.

It’s a dead fuc/king end
So where does it end?

Andrew, IS there a line in the sand with The Board?

Because Apocalyose Now is looking like a stuntman’s picnic compared to our 2020 with The Waterboy

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Day 25
Ryan Webb

No amount of Club hype, glitz, deflection or video conferencing can remedy the starkest of your realities:

With Andrew’s Waterboy retained past this week the bookies have us as dual contenders for The Spoon.

You can’t polish a turd mate

It’ll be:

...4/23,4/24,425,4/26,4/27 .....

Then what?

Another Gould review not about the coach FFS?

Or will Andrew Gordon finally relent

... & sideline the ego
- with the Club catastrophically on its knees

And sack his mate,
the accidental ‘coach’?

Or will we jockey for The Spoon 3 years in a row with a progressively weakening roster

- a ruinous depletion that is coach-driven because our local talent is unnurtured
&
elite players not only mock Waterboy publicly, but refuse point blank to play under him.

It’s a dead fuc/king end
So where does it end?

Andrew, IS there a line in the sand with The Board?

Because Apocalyose Now is looking like stuntman’s picnic compared to our 2020 with The Waterboy

Andrew is too busy selling his Vaucluse shack for 4.2 mill so he can upgrade the 12 mill Circular Quay apartment. Yet they cant afford 1 mill to sack the coach ! They live in different hemispheres to us these spoilt rich boys who use the club as a way to keep friends. Just a question , has Andrew proven himself elsewhere or has he been under the protective wing of his fathers companies all his professional life ?

LINESPEED

Juniors
Andrew is too busy selling his Vaucluse shack for 4.2 mill so he can upgrade the 12 mill Circular Quay apartment. Yet they cant afford 1 mill to sack the coach ! They live in different hemispheres to us these spoilt rich boys who use the club as a way to keep friends. Just a question , has Andrew proven himself elsewhere or has he been under the protective wing of his fathers companies all his professional life ?

There are interesting stories out there - but best keep the powder dry.

But speaking of ‘protective wings’ there’s our very own duplicate protection racket in the Andrew & Mary Show

... which makes the Mafia look like choirboys

Latest posts