What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah, I hope the sequel's plot is he just has to get in somewhere, kill some (actual) bad people, rescue someone or something, kill some bad people getting out ... I also hope the Iranian chick is still in his squad.
Sounds like a winning formula.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hellboy (2019). This one is pretty much on par with the other Hellboy movies, I enjoy the character of HB in it but the movie itself is a bit meh.

mongoose

Coach
Death Sentence - Kevin Bacon doing Death Wish. Average office worker Dad who becomes vigilante. Some of the action is good, dialogue not so great... watched it on Stan, never heard of it before.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Not movie but watched the last season of Star Wars the Clone Wars. Last 4 episodes are fantastic and what I think the Star Wars story movies should be. Really hope Dave Filoni (show runner and writer) gets a chance at a feature film one day.

The Painted Bird .

Very Different .filmed in B&W to go with the bleak existence in 30s/early 40s of parts of Europe/soviet Bloc countries .
The Story ( supposedly true based on the writers experiences ) follows a young boy drifting from place to place & his encounters with German soldiers & the worst of civilian humanity .
It has something to offend everyone ..
So if easily offended don't watch
8/10 .

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Poseidon Adventure (1972 )

Hadn't seen this ages, some of the opening scenes and dialogue are laughable and cheesy but once the tidal wave hits and the boat capsizes the escape sequence becomes claustrophobic and gripping, who will survive and who will die ? One of the best disaster movies and lead by a great performance from Gene Hackman, totally enjoyed revisiting it after all these years.

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
One average movie...

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Had some good scenes but just felt too convenient and like they were trying to tick too many boxes. 3/5

One incredible movie...

1917 - On the surface this didn’t promise a great deal. The story of a ww1 soldier being ordered to pick a comrade to go through no-man’s land to deliver an extremely important message to the front (where his brother is station) is quite compelling but the movie is amazing because of some of, if not the best film direction and cinematography I’ve ever seen. There were a few scenes that were insanely good from a cinematography pov, I have seen nothing like them. The rich colours and intense lighting was outstanding too (watched on Apple TV in 4K). No wonder Sam Mendes and Roger Deakins (director and cinematographer) won so many awards. The extremely long takes add so much realism and urgency to what is already an urgent and intense journey.

Film making at it’s absolute best! 5/5

azzah72

Bench
The long shot, Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron movie.

I think this didn't get much love at the box office and I missed it too.

It was honestly hilarious, one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while.

I'll watch anything with Charlize to be honest but watching her stretch her comedy chops and bouncing of Rogen was pretty fun.

1 scene in particular is hilarious involving ecstacy.

8/10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The long shot, Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron movie.

I think this didn't get much love at the box office and I missed it too.

It was honestly hilarious, one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while.

I'll watch anything with Charlize to be honest but watching her stretch her comedy chops and bouncing of Rogen was pretty fun.

1 scene in particular is hilarious involving ecstacy.

8/10
I would eat her ass

The Painted Bird .

Very Different .filmed in B&W to go with the bleak existence in 30s/early 40s of parts of Europe/soviet Bloc countries .
The Story ( supposedly true based on the writers experiences ) follows a young boy drifting from place to place & his encounters with German soldiers & the worst of civilian humanity .
It has something to offend everyone ..
So if easily offended don't watch
8/10 .

The last Russian movie I watched was Leviathan. Good grief! Talk about bleak. It wasn’t too bad, interesting enough to see a different slice of life of another country/society but sweet Jesus. It was definitely a grind.

Living in Russia looks rougher than a pair of Soviet issue hessian undies.

9E071E33-744B-4555-A83C-5D7D6BB9363E.jpeg

Mamma Mia ... dross.

Mamma Mia : Here We Go Again ... as the subtitle suggests.

First Wives Club ... three great leads, entertaining enough, resolves itself without too much hassle and isn't cliched dross.

Notting Hill ... Rotting swill.

Sliding Doors ... two stars for John Hannah. Tiring, bored otherwise.

Rambo III - still classy after all these years.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Mamma Mia ... dross.

Mamma Mia : Here We Go Again ... as the subtitle suggests.

First Wives Club ... three great leads, entertaining enough, resolves itself without too much hassle and isn't cliched dross.

Notting Hill ... Rotting swill.

Sliding Doors ... two stars for John Hannah. Tiring, bored otherwise.

Rambo III - still classy after all these years.
So after your mrs got 5 choices you finally got a turn?