What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Dragon David

First Grade
I have no issue with Dufty either as long as he has zero attitude and puts the team first. He has his issues yes but geez I get a semi watching him scoot 90 meters to score tries. We haven’t had that since B Moz and it’s great to watch like his try in the Anzac Day game in 2019, that was superb!! One of the best individual tries in the red V that I have seen in a long time
I'd be more than happy to have Dufty in the team if he scores 2-3 tries a game and lets in only 1. Let him loose I say and give him free rein to run!

denis preston

First Grade
Hornby..Cooper?...you are kidding right?..they retired at the right time
Graham and Creagh for me went one year or contract to long.
Still got the vision of Ben Barba picking Creagh up and dumping him on the try line when he just had to barge him and show a bit more mongrel to get him out the way to score...just as embarassing as the Hodges / Thaiday incident.
I agree with Poss on this one , easy to say in retrospect but weather it was Bennetts distraction the previous year or their new coach but by 2012 Hornby,Cooper,Fein Young,Weyman & Gaz were on the downward curve. Mind you if anybody can see the future ,they would be paid a million a year in Millwards role !

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I have no issue with Dufty either as long as he has zero attitude and puts the team first. He has his issues yes but geez I get a semi watching him scoot 90 meters to score tries. We haven’t had that since B Moz and it’s great to watch like his try in the Anzac Day game in 2019, that was superb!! One of the best individual tries in the red V that I have seen in a long time
Dufty under just about any other coach than the usless one we have now would be a better player

BLM01

First Grade
Actually Brett Morris was captain that day.

Ben Creagh is a premiership winning club legend.

You can apologise to him in person, if you’re man enough.[/QUOTE
I will apologise and admit I was wrong in calling him captain for that day as probably going back before his time....well you got that part right

BLM01

First Grade
I agree with Poss on this one , easy to say in retrospect but weather it was Bennetts distraction the previous year or their new coach but by 2012 Hornby,Cooper,Fein Young,Weyman & Gaz were on the downward curve. Mind you if anybody can see the future ,they would be paid a million a year in Millwards role !
Yeh ok.. you have brought up a few more names now but I disagree in 2012 (gaz had already left) with Weyman as well.
I see a difference from being on a downhill slide from peak form than actually hanging around 1 year too long in 1st grade without much impact
But coaches are reluctant these days to drop a near retiring so called ageing legend media fav player to reggies regardless of form which too I’d not the players fault either

denis preston

First Grade
Yeh ok.. you have brought up a few more names now but I disagree in 2012 (gaz had already left) with Weyman as well.
I see a difference from being on a downhill slide from peak form than actually hanging around 1 year too long in 1st grade without much impact
But coaches are reluctant these days to drop a near retiring so called ageing legend media fav player to reggies regardless of form which too I’d not the players fault either

Well, our coach anyway !

Seems to be plenty of blokes in here who are happy to lay the boot into Graham.

Doubt any of you have half of his good character.
And how do you know about the character about half the blokes on here?
Pretentious, self righteous comment that does you no favours.
Graham has been at our club for a couple of years. Why all the loyalty? His passion? His reputation and career? The best of Graham has not been seen at our club. That's a fact.
No one is laying the boot in but by the same token, he is not the legend at this stage of his career that makes any material difference to our Team.
He is just making up the numbers right now and blocking a pathway for a younger prop to develop into a first grader.
That's reality.
Personally, I hope he retires as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
And how do you know about the character about half the blokes on here?
Pretentious, self righteous comment that does you no favours.
Graham has been at our club for a couple of years. Why all the loyalty? His passion? His reputation and career? The best of Graham has not been seen at our club. That's a fact.
No one is laying the boot in but by the same token, he is not the legend at this stage of his career that makes any material difference to our Team.
He is just making up the numbers right now and blocking a pathway for a younger prop to develop into a first grader.
That's reality.
Personally, I hope he retires as soon as possible.
I respect what James Graham has given to the game of rugby league. Like many players, whether it is in league, cricket, tennis, golf, rugby etc, there comes a time when a player has to decide when to hang up the boots. James G still thinks that he has something to contribute for our team and his boots will be laced up at least for the remainder of this 2020 year for the red and whites. Most of us know that he has gone past his best and someday soon, he will realise this.

I certainly don't agree with what SBD82 has posted as I can honestly say that in the field of work I have retired from, one of the criteria for the position was to be a person of good c

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry guys, my fingers aren't as nimble as they once were and hit the wrong key before I finished what I wanted to say.

What I missed out typing was that in my position at work, before retiring, required me to be a person of good character. In addition I was a Justice of the Peace for 30 years. I am sure that there are many others on the Forum who have similar characteristics and good qualities.

TruSaint

Referee
Sorry guys, my fingers aren't as nimble as they once were and hit the wrong key before I finished what I wanted to say.

What I missed out typing was that in my position at work, before retiring, required me to be a person of good character. In addition I was a Justice of the Peace for 30 years. I am sure that there are many others on the Forum who have similar characteristics and good qualities.

Im sure there are many people of good character here. I know that for a fact.

Its my opinion, that @SBD82 posted that as a result of Graham becoming a target in this forum of late.

It happens all the time when the chips are down. We focus on one player and go at everything he says or does.

Those who have played with or worked with Graham speak volumes of him during and post their experiences. At Club and Country level.

I have also had the chance to meet with James, on more than one occasion, before he joined us. Class act, loves the game and his teammates. The gesture he made to sacrifice 100k to keep a mate at the Dogs is rare indeed.

Blind Freddy can see he is at the back end of his career. He knows it , we all know it. But looking at the messages posted here you would think the guy has thrown the towel in and sold out the club. His comments in the media are an indication of where he is right now. Employed by Saints, looking for a future income. Like I asked , show me one example of a player under contract that has come out during his terms of contract and bagged a coach.

The majority of the members here are passionate, and I have made a handful of great mates from here. Like any forum there are a handful that will dig the knife into any easy target,... relentlessly.

Whether James is with us next year or moves on, is neither here nor there. At the minute, he is a Saints player with a 400 game plus playing record under his belt, at the highest level.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Im sure there are many people of good character here. I know that for a fact.

Its my opinion, that @SBD82 posted that as a result of Graham becoming a target in this forum of late.

It happens all the time when the chips are down. We focus on one player and go at everything he says or does.

Those who have played with or worked with Graham speak volumes of him during and post their experiences. At Club and Country level.

I have also had the chance to meet with James, on more than one occasion, before he joined us. Class act, loves the game and his teammates. The gesture he made to sacrifice 100k to keep a mate at the Dogs is rare indeed.

Blind Freddy can see he is at the back end of his career. He knows it , we all know it. But looking at the messages posted here you would think the guy has thrown the towel in and sold out the club. His comments in the media are an indication of where he is right now. Employed by Saints, looking for a future income. Like I asked , show me one example of a player under contract that has come out during his terms of contract and bagged a coach.

The majority of the members here are passionate, and I have made a handful of great mates from here. Like any forum there are a handful that will dig the knife into any easy target,... relentlessly.

Whether James is with us next year or moves on, is neither here nor there. At the minute, he is a Saints player with a 400 game plus playing record under his belt, at the highest level.
Post of the year TrueSaint:thumbsup:

Old Timer

Coach
We are a business and should always make sound business decisions.

Signing Graham was not one of them.

Champion bloke as he may be and as passionate as he is, the simple fact is he was not a value for money signing and just typifies what our club has done in recent times.

He was available and relatively cheap for a year but came with a sting in the tail re the back end of the contract and please note no club who was a legitimate contender bothered to sign him.

Now we make excuses about what he does with the young blokes at training etc etc which is entirely relevant as that is not what we paid for when we signed him and doing that is in fact the job of the coaches (collective as that is) and obviously they have failed which leads to another well known conversation.

James Graham will be remembered for many many things in this game but there is nothing he has done at St George that will feature in his career highlights on youtube unless of course it is giving someone a spray or chasing someone back to the try line.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't think JG's overall impact will be known until after a certain person has left the building (and I'm not talking about Elvis).
Agree, he's played on a season too many, as on-field he has little to offer as a player other than aggression.

Latest posts