What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

It's only taken 7 years but the commentators on NRL360 are savaging the Dragons and Mary. To Mary's credit, he still came on for an interview. Very tough questions, I thought. One was whether he would consider stepping down. His answer - not a chance!! So the club will have to do it the hard way. But for the first time since 2014, I am finally confident the fraudster will be removed. Surely he's gone.

Interestingly, one commentator said that the Dragons were ready to move against Mary after the Tigers game last year but Gordon stepped in.

And very frustratingly, James Graham says that Mary has 100% support of the players. He said it with such conviction. WTF is wrong with these numbskulls?!

But all up, I'll be sleeping easy tonight.

Straight Shooter

The calm one

Juniors
How much are you personally prepared to kick in the tin.

A 2 year payout doesn’t come cheap.
We are in a no win situation. We have no money and have to pay out Mary if we sack him. The $64 question is. Where do we get the money for an experienced coach. I honestly don't think a rookie will do any good. It is now obivious there are deep internal issues, not only the coach that is affecting the club so we need an experienced hard headed coach to tell the hierarchy to pull there head in, E.G. Bennett, Gould, Bellamy, Maguire. Guys like these demand top dollar and it's money we have not got. I am at a total loss on how to fix this. I am sorry but we made be in this predictament for years to come.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
He again used the 2018 finals for gods sake it’s like China threatening Australia constantly. We don’t want you just like ten CCP. Now fk off and load the car up with your underwear cause you don’t deserve anything else you maggot: He said no way he would resign so it’s all about himself if he can’t see he is useless we are fkd. And that idiot Gordon is a bigger imbecile than what I gave him credit for.

Bench
Paul Kent was pretty hard on Hunt, which I thought was spot on, maybe Hunt should be told to look elsewhere.
McIdiot said he is not a quitter and does not expect to be sacked this week
Grahem still says the players were 100% behind the coach, I don’t believe he was being honest and really, no player would say that.
In the change rooms Grahem looked shattered
The next two weeks is going to be important as to where how club is going to move forward

possm

Coach
Send the coach on a holiday and let the players coach themselves for two weeks. If they do well, sack Mary and Dean Young and leave Shephard assited by Flanagan there until November 2020. let's see if this makes a difference.

Get rid of Millward and put a professional in charge who reports to Shephard.

jeffdragon

Bench
Doesnt matter what he says now brother. Really doesnt matter. The damage is done, and he is gone. Its where to from here. I do not have faith in the direction of the Club at all. I want to see tangible change. Ten years in footy is a long time to be in limbo. Its the coach but its also much more than the coach.

Anyway, Im gutted.

Show me something Saints. I was cheering the Dogs last try today FFS.
I was Thinking about the game all day hoping against hope we'd play well.
But my suspicions came true.
:angry::angry::angry:

President Trump

Juniors
Justice for Mary, re-sign him for another 4 years. I wonder how much the Commission is paying him and the Board to assist in their efforts to cull the Red V from first grade so that Perth can be reintroduced to the competition.

possm

Coach
We are in a no win situation. We have no money and have to pay out Mary if we sack him. The $64 question is. Where do we get the money for an experienced coach. I honestly don't think a rookie will do any good. It is now obivious there are deep internal issues, not only the coach that is affecting the club so we need an experienced hard headed coach to tell the hierarchy to pull there head in, E.G. Bennett, Gould, Bellamy, Maguire. Guys like these demand top dollar and it's money we have not got. I am at a total loss on how to fix this. I am sorry but we made be in this predictament for years to come.
Between St George Leagues Club and WIN Corp / Gordons there is plenty of capacity to pay out Mary. We already have Shephard under contract and his contract would need an upgrade. Flanagan is also under contract but will not be available until 2022.

It would be in SGI capacity to sack Mary and bring in Shephard as interim coach. Mary can be paid for this year and a nogotiated sum for next year. His contract is up in April 2021. As he did not volunteer to take a pay cut this year - as many did because of the Covid 19 problem, the actual sum involved in sacking Mary is small change for SGI.

RedVDave

First Grade
calling all saints fans to call leagues club once a day and say "SACK THE MACK" till he goes
Social distancing may be a flaw in this logic.

Dragons are doing it well on the footy field.

Besides these things always get talked about but never come to fruition.