What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would rather certain people come out and say, 'I have a distinct hatred for the Melbourne Storm"

nick87

Coach
I dont hate the Storm, i love watching them play, they're a brilliant footy team, have been for nigh on 20 years now. The way they've adapted to game every step of the way (salary cap cheating years aside) and how they develop their players, how they go about the game... its great to see. And it's massive that they've done this and cemented themselves in the sporting landscape as a RL team in AFL heartland... the AFL wish they could replicate that with the Giants

Cam Smith is the best player i've ever seen, and im going to dearly miss watching him play when he retires. His brilliance has been a joy to watch.

blaza88z

Coach
I'm not a Storm supporter but I've never really hated them. I've always found it funny more than anything how much they wind people up on here and in general public.

Any team that has a sustained period of consistently being in and around the mix for the GF is going to be hated, if the Titans went on a half-decade run now they too would be hated, that's just the way it goes

All fair points.

What are your thoughts of this particular purple quince-tickler having a little cry about other RL “people” being mean to the poor widdle Storms? :cry:

Not particularly endearing, especially considering all your previous points and their continued success.

Sounds like he wants to have his cake and to eat it too, but with some extra tear-flavoured icing.

Wankers.

I think he’s just calling people out... (more the journos and bloggers) who seem to go back on the Storm bashing in cycles...

It’s an absolute certified formula to get the mob angry again..

I can see the Monday morning Telegraph journos meeting going like this...

“The dragons have finally won, f@@k!!

Where we gonna get some new material from.....??

We need to beat a different drum to get the mob angry again... any ideas???”

“I know!!!

Let’s go back to the Storm wrestling! That’ll fire up the public again, and more than just dragons fans....!”

“Brilliant, lets do it. And highlight Smith too while you’re at it”

“As always sir, I’ll dust last years story off and copy/paste.. “

“Hold on a second, Where’s Hooper hiding?!?”

“Oh he’s still locked in his room on the old plan, bagging the dragons by beating a tambourine.”

“Ok then leave him in there, we can wheel him out in 2 weeks after they’ve played the Roosters...”

They are a blight on the game.... they gave the NRL a black eye from which it will never recover. Whyd they do it it.... massive egos... they should just stick to shitty fumbleball , seems to be the only thing Victorians care about.

I’ve always felt a mutual respect between Saints v West Tigers fans at games. Both passionate groups of fans but rarely trouble. From what I’ve seen anyway.

Definitely different to the due diligence demanded to go to a dirty Dogs derby.

Seriously, they are the worst.

MugaB

Coach
I like the branding, the purple, the fact they own it, and want to own that obscure sports color, but that's about it.
The sooner cameron smith retires, or better yet plays his last few seasons at the titans or somewhere he can make a real difference to a club that needs him, the better

mozza91

Coach
If you listened to Voss and Alexander’s commentary last week you’d have a very different opinion to this Tripp bloke.

The were riding the Storm hard all night and Voss was fan girling Smith so much it was nauseating. I had to mute the commentary early in the 2nd half.

peter file

Juniors
I’ve always felt a mutual respect between Saints v West Tigers fans at games. Both passionate groups of fans but rarely trouble. From what I’ve seen anyway.

Definitely different to the due diligence demanded to go to a dirty Dogs derby.

Seriously, they are the worst.
Mutual embarrassment at being merged sellouts.