What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

I thought teams were supposed to be playing in local areas?
I don’t think I’ve seen a regional game on a field as lacking facilities as Redfern, also I bet when those games are on they build scaffolding etc to put the cameras on. I don’t think you can compare these games to what you were suggesting.

I was referring to recent seasons and the regional games, which on the whole have been well received. Although I know some fans don’t like their home games going there.

They’ve used the “basic” camera set up for these regionals. Some have had some bloke up on a tower / cherry picker at times in the past but the majority haven’t had them of late. And aside from this, the actual use of angles from these “high-up and behind” cameras at any game is actually quite sparing. Rarely (if at all) used during live game play, and if they are used it’s generally only for a try replay.

My comparison is that you’d mentioned the broadcasters care about all those cameras, (which I’m sure they do), but they aren’t at all games they televise, and even when they are - they are sparingly seen on TV. I’ve never heard a complaint from anyone about not seeing footage from these at a game, and especially at the regional games.

Re facilities - If there were regular crowds at games, absolutely no question Redfern isn’t the go. (Although I’ve watched many lower grade games their, CC etc. Saw a Dogs Bunnies game there last year and it was awesome).

Diesel

Referee
Pretty big news and hopefully makes RL players not take this so lightly, if any are. Not sure if any ramifications at this stage but it could potentially close the whole season down

It will be great if the fumblers have to cancel their season and Foxtel get to rip up their TV deal. Ch7 will probably put their new deal through the paper shredder too.

Cletus

First Grade
Haha, thats a real shame for the AFL.

This will totally f**k them financially if they have to call off the season/reduce games. I don't want to tempt fate but they've just negotiated deals with their players and broadcasters and they'll struggle to renegotiate.

t-ba

Post Whore
This will totally f**k them financially if they have to call off the season/reduce games. I don't want to tempt fate but they've just negotiated deals with their players and broadcasters and they'll struggle to renegotiate.

tenor.gif

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given whats happening down there i actually think there is pretty strong justification to force them to stay in NSW and play here.

VIC is the only state with COVID in the community at this point.
The restrictions announced today for Victoria (effective 11:59pm tomorrow night) are roughly the same as the ones that the NRL restarted with on May 28, there's no justification for forcing the Storm to move to NSW unless things get dramatically worse than now.

Suitman

Post Whore
The restrictions announced today for Victoria (effective 11:59pm tomorrow night) are roughly the same as the ones that the NRL restarted with on May 28, there's no justification for forcing the Storm to move to NSW unless things get dramatically worse than now.

And how happy would you be if the Storm did an Essendon?
f**k that.
I hope V'Landys is on top of this.