What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

King hit

Coach
NRL really need to rethink their easing of restrictions on players considering what’s happened in Melbourne the last few days.
Just about every new case is in Victoria though. Community transmissions in NSW and QLD are very low

beave

Coach
Just about every new case is in Victoria though. Community transmissions in NSW and QLD are very low

Acknowledged but say a storm player gets it whilst out and about in Melbourne, what do you think the repercussions are then for the whole NRL? It all comes crashing down.

King hit

Coach
Acknowledged but say a storm player gets it whilst out and about in Melbourne, what do you think the repercussions are then for the whole NRL? It all comes crashing down.
That’s a good point. I imagine the Storm players and management are going to go through intense testing before moving up to Sydney if that happens or if they stay in Melbourne visiting teams are going to go through testing every time they play there.

The AFL had a positive case but I don’t know what it means for them as a whole. That team has to go through isolation and testing. From what I’ve heard they are still going to continue playing.

Valheru

Coach

The storm really need to be relocated to sydney or Brisbane for the next month at least.

There is next to 0 chance of a member of the community getting the rona in all states except VIC.

Canard

Immortal
The storm really need to be relocated to sydney or Brisbane for the next month at least.

There is next to 0 chance of a member of the community getting the rona in all states except VIC.

You would think that's the most logical approach.

It could indeed.

I think the restrictions should be to keep the drawbridge up across the borders to Victoria.

When case numbers were accelerating in Australia months ago they locked the borders. Victoria is accelerating again - and these are the people we know about, who we don't know about yet could be anything.

If NSW can keep it's numbers reducing then I would think it's ok to keep easing restrictions. They have in SA - although borders are still only opened to WA/NT/QLD. WA is closed completely.

unforgiven

Bench

NSW appears to have a case of community transmission this morning.

Perth Red

Post Whore
WA Sporting venues to reopen next week with 50% reduction. Most other restrictions being lifted. From June 27th. Still no interstate travel.

For WA’s major sport and entertainment venues, a 50 per cent capacity rule will apply. Therefore, under Phase 4 the temporary capacity of Optus Stadium will be 30,633 for sport events (35,000 for concerts), HBF Park can hold 10,150 (16,500 for concerts), RAC Arena can hold 7150 (8250 for concerts).

Optus Stadium
Sport: 30,633
Concerts: 35,000

HBF Park
Sport: 10,150
Concerts: 16,500

RAC Arena
Sport: 7150
Concerts: 8250
https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/...r-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-wa-roadmap

Canard

Immortal
Doubtful.

There is no reason the VIC teams couldn't play in SA, WA, NSW and QLD.

To an extent, of course, but re-locating 10 teams to states that aren't keen on Melbourne/Vic people travelling isn't an easy task, just the logistics of ground allocation alone would be difficult.

They are facing the prospect today of having two games postponed, it doesn't take much more of that sort of logjam to completely disrupt a season.

Like I said though,early days, and I don't think its anything like an season ending issue just yet.