What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
View attachment 39453

“ Oh gawd - you really know how to hurt a man . But , yes we were a stones throw away from the big one .It set my 5 year plan back a bluudy decade , however Buuuuuce has assured me that I will see my dream of premiership success become reality. “

“ See you fellas on Friday - yuk yuk “

upload_2020-6-25_15-26-59.jpeg
Bruce & Andrew love me
- that’s all that matters in The Illawarra

The rest is all fake news like Donald says

Fake stats

.... and, and y’know Phil said sacking me achieves nothing anyhow

B’but
...”I can understand though...”
...”and if the players don’t want me...”

Yeah yeah

...It was all Leeson’s fault anyhow

...& Jai was s’posed to be my last minute X-factor

...‘n fuc/kin field goals should be banned in semis Lozza reckoned

Robbed I was.
My Title so close I could touch it

...all me mates r leavin’ & I’m left with these bitsa stuckup kids
... ‘n Flanno’s got the knives out
... ‘n someone’s leakin’ to Hoops

WTF

getsmarty

Immortal
Robinson endorses Fitzgibbon as next coach
  • National Sport
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Roosters head coach Trent Robinson has predicted a top NRL role for his assistant Craig Fitzgibbon.
    Support is growing for Craig Fitzgibbon to become the next rookie NRL coach, with Trent Robinson describing his assistant as one of the best in the game.

Fitzgibbon is widely considered as a coach-in-waiting, having served as an assistant at the Sydney Roosters since 2012.

The 43-year-old former second-rower has been linked with a number of head coaching jobs in recent weeks, including St George Illawarra and the recently vacated Warriors gig.

Before Dragons coach Paul McGregor survived the axe two weeks ago, immortal Andrew Johns led the push for Fitzgibbon to land the role.

On the eve of Friday's clash between the Roosters and Dragons, Robinson had no hesitation in also backing the former second-rower to take a call.

"Fitzy's one of the best coaches in our game. There's no question that he's going to get tossed up (for jobs)," Robinson said on Thursday.

"But we're also really content and on a path here. Everybody knows Fitzy's his own man and he's a strong, strong coach and one of the best in the game.

"But we're in the middle of fighting for something special."

Roosters co-captain Boyd Cordner credited Fitzgibbon for his role in establishing what has been one of the league's best defensive setups in recent years.

The current team is aiming to keep their opponents under 20 for the 23rd straight game, a feat not achieved in almost 40 years.

"All our principles, everything you see out there - us moving on the field and us working for each other, he's the man behind it all," Cordner told AAP.

"Obviously you have Robbo who's the head coach, who oversees it. But Fitzy's been the heartbeat of our defence for as long as he's been there now."

The Warriors and Dragons are not the only clubs caught in a wildfire of speculation, with Canterbury and North Queensland also struggling for results.

Off-contract Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is in a fight to earn an extension, while Cowboys mentor Paul Green is also under pressure to turn their form around.

Robinson said that while coaches often wear the results, he believes clubs can do do more to support their main decision-makers.

"You get thrust in ... then no one says, 'These are the areas we want you to improve in, the areas we're looking at, what are we doing about them'," he said.

"And the speculation comes and everyone falls silent.

"We understand, coaching is no different in rugby league to every other sport.

"If you want to coach in football, it's pretty clear it's results-driven. You've got to win.

"But also, the responsibility of more than just one person is important in clubs."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...on-endorses-fitzgibbon-as-next-coach/?cs=4783

View attachment 39454
Bruce & Andrew love me
- that’s all that matters in The Illawarra

The rest is all fake news like Donald says

Fake stats

.... and, and y’know Phil said sacking me achieves nothing anyhow

B’but
...”I can understand though...”
...”and if the players don’t want me...”

Yeah yeah

...It was all Leeson’s fault anyhow

...& Jai was s’posed to be my last minute X-factor

...‘n fuc/kin field goals should be banned in semis Lozza reckoned

Robbed I was.
My Title so close I could touch it

...all me mates r leavin’ & I’m left with these bitsa stuckup kids
... ‘n Flanno’s got the knives out
... ‘n someone’s leakin’ to Hoops

WTF

Tries from kicks
I didn’t know
Were banned and outlawed
Decades ago.

I feel most comfortable
When i WIN
Not the game, no way
But the Boardroom sin.

Water boy once
Thirsts to quench
Now my best players
Are off the bench

Flanners and Shep
Outvoted me
And we won our first game
In memory

Three weeks to go
Until boardroom votes
But I’m ok
Cos I’m the coaching goat.

Coffs dragon

Bench
  • National Sport

Roosters head coach Trent Robinson has predicted a top NRL role for his assistant Craig Fitzgibbon.
    Support is growing for Craig Fitzgibbon to become the next rookie NRL coach, with Trent Robinson describing his assistant as one of the best in the game.

Fitzgibbon is widely considered as a coach-in-waiting, having served as an assistant at the Sydney Roosters since 2012.

The 43-year-old former second-rower has been linked with a number of head coaching jobs in recent weeks, including St George Illawarra and the recently vacated Warriors gig.

Before Dragons coach Paul McGregor survived the axe two weeks ago, immortal Andrew Johns led the push for Fitzgibbon to land the role.

On the eve of Friday's clash between the Roosters and Dragons, Robinson had no hesitation in also backing the former second-rower to take a call.

"Fitzy's one of the best coaches in our game. There's no question that he's going to get tossed up (for jobs)," Robinson said on Thursday.

"But we're also really content and on a path here. Everybody knows Fitzy's his own man and he's a strong, strong coach and one of the best in the game.

Roosters co-captain Boyd Cordner credited Fitzgibbon for his role in establishing what has been one of the league's best defensive setups in recent years.

The current team is aiming to keep their opponents under 20 for the 23rd straight game, a feat not achieved in almost 40 years.

"All our principles, everything you see out there - us moving on the field and us working for each other, he's the man behind it all," Cordner told AAP.

"Obviously you have Robbo who's the head coach, who oversees it. But Fitzy's been the heartbeat of our defence for as long as he's been there now."

The Warriors and Dragons are not the only clubs caught in a wildfire of speculation, with Canterbury and North Queensland also struggling for results.

Off-contract Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is in a fight to earn an extension, while Cowboys mentor Paul Green is also under pressure to turn their form around.

Robinson said that while coaches often wear the results, he believes clubs can do do more to support their main decision-makers.

"You get thrust in ... then no one says, 'These are the areas we want you to improve in, the areas we're looking at, what are we doing about them'," he said.

"If you want to coach in football, it's pretty clear it's results-driven. You've got to win.

"But also, the responsibility of more than just one person is important in clubs."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...on-endorses-fitzgibbon-as-next-coach/?cs=4783
He’d be my first pick as the best coach in 2021 to replace the Peanut. Fitzy has had an incredible apprenticeship under the modern coaching master in Robbo.
I like what I see in Adam O’Brien & I’m sure Craig Fitzgibbon would be very similar and a breath of fresh air in defensive structures.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I can’t stand the useless Merkin how at any chance he quotes I gave so and so the 1st opportunity In first grade. I heard it first with Bird and it’s been 5 years and today again Saab. It’s like his trying to endorse himself. Endorse yourself about being an imbecile. I had a friend who is a parra supporter over the other night and he said geez I can see a difference in some of the saints players. I then pulled out the article about how Mcfwit can’t pick the team and how they play and he says. What the fk does he get paid to so

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I can’t stand the useless Merkin how at any chance he quotes I gave so and so the 1st opportunity In first grade. I heard it first with Bird and it’s been 5 years and today again Saab. It’s like his trying to endorse himself. Endorse yourself about being an imbecile. I had a friend who is a parra supporter over the other night and he said geez I can see a difference in some of the saints players. I then pulled out the article about how Mcfwit can’t pick the team and how they play and he says. What the fk does he get paid to so
Gets paid under the best mates act

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Well The Waterboy certainly has had the greatest bevy of assistants & support staff across his 7 paltry years in NRL history I’d reckon

Zimmerframed all the way

McMe has a debilitating auditory block on advice

Since his rebadging & sidelining as Mc:heavy_division_sign:3
the assistants’ increased power I would suggest has had a marked impact on team psyche & style

- if you believe the latest commentary out there -

especially from the players
wouldn’t you say Webby,
as you make it to

Day 80

Well done!

Only 13 days to your big announcement about the new coach & Mc25%’s sacking!

While McFail fought for the halftime photo-op last week, the box optics were telling:

- with Flanno backgrounded -
quietly savouring the team’s embryonic renewal as Mc113’s
histrionic sawing of the air belied such thoughts as:

“FMD why didn’t I think of that?”
“Where’d that move come from?”
“Shit Flanno’s got the defence sorted”
“Jesus how’s Laf gonna reclaim No4 with Zac hitting his straps?”
“Where’s my game plan of 7 years?”

Actually his nonplussed, angst-ridden box demeanour was very reminiscent of the mutinous 2018 Bronc semi WTF

...where the team freed itself from McShackle’s myopic & claustrophobic junior-fuc/king footy world view.

Clearly
The Shed’s gone
as the sycophants et al depart

(And soon to recant once Gareth & James start guffawing over a few pints at the Old Dart

....should be some great unspun truths in their autobiographies)

....only the last rites remain
I’m afraid Andrew

Find another hobby & get out of our face mate

BLM01

First Grade
Yep heard the same him and Jason have a great relationship had a good few chats to him and so confident he’s ready for first grade ( but Jason’s words not his) Whatever that means
Jason loves you so much Mary that he wanted to leave... And now all of a sudden he’s ready
McLiar he was ready last year remember you gave me his debut which you boast about As if he owes his life to you
All of a sudden he’s ready again....work that out

LS- you take the prize for the most numerous and imaginative variations on Mc...-you'll be lost when (hopefully) he gets the bullet.

He also gave you the statistical basis that Mary is the second worst coach in the history of the game.

As caustic and funny as he is, LS is not a loafer upstairs either.

That’s a frightening stat that should be used at board level. It says a lot. A lot of people where also interested in his recent ( critical) assessment of the backline.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
  • National Sport

That's an eight year apprenticeship under the best run organization in the business. What have we got 3 years at the devils :joy: and 7 years of hell

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yep heard the same him and Jason have a great relationship had a good few chats to him and so confident he’s ready for first grade ( but Jason’s words not his) Whatever that means
Jason loves you so much Mary that he wanted to leave... And now all of a sudden he’s ready
McLiar he was ready last year remember you gave me his debut which you boast about As if he owes his life to you
All of a sudden he’s ready again....work that out
Mcmoron of the highest order

ChocOConnor

Juniors
The only reason the kid is saying he has no problem is that he probably is being told by our moron of a board that you need to tell the media and fans that Mcfwit is not the problem and he is the messiah and we may grant you that release. Just so they the board don’t look like the morons they are that are running the asylum

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I believe we are getting down to the 'pointy end' of this now.

Well played by Flanno btw manouvered himself into basically the 'check-mate' position.

There's much talk that we have or close to signing a new coach. Take this with a grain of salt though as nothing is official in Dragon land until its announced.

I think its down to 5 candidates.
Fitzy, Ryles, Bennett, Wane and Flanagan.
I include Flanno because there are a few ways around his suspension and still be coach if not in name.

The sudden departure of Graham could also have a twist. He repeated a few times, his desire to return to the club, "in some capacity". Shaun Wane is also in England. Who better to get the info on our players than JG, so he could be prepared and ready when he's able to get here.

Would we really go with a rookie again? Funny how Robbo has been up front with Fitzy recently as if resigned to the fact he has or will soon have lost him from his coaching staff. A swap maybe? Fitzy for Flanno? Afterall Flanno cant officially be head coach, but always said he'd like to coach his son.

Dont know about Ryles, some say he is the target.

And Bennett is Bennett, what he says and what he means are 2 different things.

Tonights game only brings us closer to the end.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I believe we are getting down to the 'pointy end' of this now.

Well played by Flanno btw manouvered himself into basically the 'check-mate' position.

There's much talk that we have or close to signing a new coach. Take this with a grain of salt though as nothing is official in Dragon land until its announced.

I think its down to 5 candidates.
Fitzy, Ryles, Bennett, Wane and Flanagan.
I include Flanno because there are a few ways around his suspension and still be coach if not in name.

The sudden departure of Graham could also have a twist. He repeated a few times, his desire to return to the club, "in some capacity". Shaun Wane is also in England. Who better to get the info on our players than JG, so he could be prepared and ready when he's able to get here.

Would we really go with a rookie again? Funny how Robbo has been up front with Fitzy recently as if resigned to the fact he has or will soon have lost him from his coaching staff. A swap maybe? Fitzy for Flanno? Afterall Flanno cant officially be head coach, but always said he'd like to coach his son.

Dont know about Ryles, some say he is the target.

And Bennett is Bennett, what he says and what he means are 2 different things.

Tonights game only brings us closer to the end.
Sure hope you are right Dragonslayer...We need some light at the end of a long tunnel!

I think Bennett maybe out of the equation after hearing his comments & commitment to the Bunnies for the course of his contract.
I’m still hoping it’s Fitzy as number 1 target and remember Robbo was after Dean Young as an assistant this year to replace Adam O’Brien.
It might just be a nice swap And give Deano a decent apprenticeship from outside the bubble.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The bit that I can’t come to terms with is mcidiot thinks he can coach.he actually thinks he is the best man for the job .and no one could do better.

Perhaps Webby
On Day 81

You could arrange a swap with the Liverpool manager?

Nice colours ‘n all

... So Andrew’s Waterboy is suddenly besties with Saab

...and it’ll be Sailor next week after Corey does his mid game Houdini tonight?

And nothing’s a “fuss” now for Mc:heavy_division_sign:3:

“[A selection committee] not something I’ve seen before but something the board put in place a couple of weeks ago,” Flanagan told SEN on Thursday. “To Paul’s credit, he didn’t make too much of a fuss about it.“

How very obliging of him

- in his brand new “open to innovation” mock-humble mode

FMD Lafai even got de-selected from the 21.

(That’s huge in the context of 100 games of grinding non-attack)

Ditch Turnstile now & I’ll shut the fuc/k up

Want to know the principal reason for the fans’ disdain of Bruce’s favourite Webby?

(Apart from his predilection for a Lovechild or two)

- Longtern non-form selection favouritism

....Primarily represented
IMO in the Laitkens

And the selection committee concept no doubt was a pre-sacking ultimatum (not a choice) designed to end this longterm farce of favouritism

....all about ending the Waterboy’s ‘gift by gratitude’ political survival strategy

in the face of longterm evidential ladder failure

(FMD Wallace will be happy not to have to sign the
‘just-shut-the-fuc/k-up-and-praise-me loyalty pledge)

Form, not friendship, now matters:

“Flanagan said. “What goes on in that selection meeting stays inside there and won’t come out of the room, but that’s just speculation that Matt wouldn’t have been in that team.

“Players pick teams, not coaches, really. Form picks players and we just need to slot them in and create an atmosphere where they can play their best footy.

“If they play good footy, they’ll get in the team.”

Wow, after 7 desperate years of shit,
the Board acted on the stats & the obvious

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Sure hope you are right Dragonslayer...We need some light at the end of a long tunnel!

I think Bennett maybe out of the equation after hearing his comments & commitment to the Bunnies for the course of his contract.
I’m still hoping it’s Fitzy as number 1 target and remember Robbo was after Dean Young as an assistant this year to replace Adam O’Brien.
It might just be a nice swap And give Deano a decent apprenticeship from outside the bubble.

Can't see D.Young leaving in the short term....many variables at the moment...........The one positive...it all points to an end to the 7 year circus...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Robbo is a super coach and this endorsement should be enough for Saints to really give Fitzy strong consideration ahead of the others.

Bennett will do everything in his power to win a comp to retire with but will leave 10 years of damage.

Fitzy will probably make Saints strong long term so he can be at the club long term not a smash and grab like Bennett.

Thanks for 2010 Bennett but you had 2 good chances to come back and knocked them back so it shows how much you care about the Dragons and that is not much.

I can see him ending up at the Dogs to be honest or Cowboys. They will be more his style.

Latest posts