What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

blacksafake

First Grade
In a season when Tariq Sims was busted from the kick off, young LL had every right to wonder “why am I not starting”.

The kid is a mercurial talent given his size and ball skills.

had too many errors in him unfortunately.

Interesting that he moved clubs to be coached by a disciplinarian and that he has already dropped 4kg.

His comments imply that our coaching staff put very little effort into improving his defence.

Says it all really.
:100:, especially re Sims.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
People having a crack at LL are like drivers that hug the centre line of the road
Sooner or later you will be blinded by the oncoming headlights and you will end up drifting onto the wrong side of the road and cause someone else to be killed as they try to avoid you.
Driver reviver required for some of you.
Time will tell if that is the case, but I rarely hear any champion players bag their ex clubs and then go on to absolutely kick on. There are always two sides to every story. I know I personally would be hesitant to hire someone who bags the shit out of the previous company they worked for. Football is no different. Im not saying he won't kick on but I am saying that instead of burning bridges why not just put the head down and let the actions do the talking first. A little swipe after gaining success would have a lot more impact than before even throwing on the jersey in anger.

giboz71

First Grade
He’s entitled to his opinion.but it’s not like the like Tigers are a benchmark club. It’s not like he’s playing for the Storm or Roosters.

They have underachieved for years and had much better coaches steering the ship in Cleary and Maguire. And they went nowhere when they had their big 4.

Atl least he got to play semis with us, more than can be said of the Tigers in recent years.

slippery5

Juniors
Time will tell if that is the case, but I rarely hear any champion players bag their ex clubs and then go on to absolutely kick on. There are always two sides to every story. I know I personally would be hesitant to hire someone who bags the shit out of the previous company they worked for. Football is no different. Im not saying he won't kick on but I am saying that instead of burning bridges why not just put the head down and let the actions do the talking first. A little swipe after gaining success would have a lot more impact than before even throwing on the jersey in anger.
Champion players have reached that level through a well structured club & guidance from a competent coach. Hell, even some non champion players have over achieved with these.

SBD82

Coach
People having a crack at LL are like drivers that hug the centre line of the road
Sooner or later you will be blinded by the oncoming headlights and you will end up drifting onto the wrong side of the road and cause someone else to be killed as they try to avoid you.
Driver reviver required for some of you.
What the f**k is this shit? Most pointless analogy I’ve ever seen.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Champion players have reached that level through a well structured club & guidance from a competent coach. Hell, even some non champion players have over achieved with these.
Im not defending Mary in any way shape or form. My main issue is that if Leilua never really reaches his potential, it gives Mary ammo to say "I told you so" I just think he should have waited until he's a solid starter, they are deep in the top 8 and we are languishing on the lower half. If and when that happens his little stab would have so much more effect and substance. In the back of my mind though I also know lazy bastards are lazy bastards and may never be consistent. I hope he does reach his potential for the record because he could at least play Origin and I can enjoy watching him in the blue.

getsmarty

Immortal
Im not defending Mary in any way shape or form. My main issue is that if Leilua never really reaches his potential, it gives Mary ammo to say "I told you so" I just think he should have waited until he's a solid starter, they are deep in the top 8 and we are languishing on the lower half. If and when that happens his little stab would have so much more effect and substance. In the back of my mind though I also know lazy bastards are lazy bastards and may never be consistent. I hope he does reach his potential for the record because he could at least play Origin and I can enjoy watching him in the blue.

Mary will take the credit either way...L.L improves @ the tigers.." We had him primed for his breakout year at the Dragons , unfortunately he wanted to leave "..he fails...shows how good our structures made L.L Look...........LOL

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Mary will take the credit either way...L.L improves @ the tigers.." We had him primed for his breakout year at the Dragons , unfortunately he wanted to leave "..he fails...shows how good our structures made L.L Look...........LOL
Publicly probably but within the club maybe not.