What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Back Luciano

justadragon

Bench
Good point but I think it’s a very different set of circumstances because it’s a personal infraction.

Lucy should be made to own the offence not SGI.

Its in the nature of a personal dishonesty, the penalty should be exclusively Lucy’s.

Therefore the club should make a strong stand.
Nothing we say or do is going to change things, overall this worked in our favour.

possm

Coach
In my opinion Flanno was never going to use Luc straight up, he basically had no pre-season, and didn't know our structures, recipe for disaster if you ask me. In 2 weeks luc will be ready to go be it possibly off the bench.
Yes, and I have always believed that our recruiting should be completed as close to November 1.

I think Lucy’s non disclosure helped you, but not the penalty.

I understand the reasoning and argument of having him delayed a few extra weeks to learn, but against that, I’d say he’s a professional footballer, one of the better ones out there with strong footy intellect.

He’s also the epitome of confidence and that’s bound to rub off on other players out there.

The club used the expression “acknowledge” on official. My reading of that is that they aren’t too happy about it. It’s neutral language isn’t it?

And with respect to everyone who disagrees, Im sure Flanno would prefer to have him as an option.

Even 20 minutes of belting into the other side, getting some “on the job training” that’s a strong and effective 20 minutes.

Those are some of my considerations.

The NRL have over-reached and some push back is in order.

Corey Allen re-signed, big show of faith. No man left behind, good decision.

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
What are your issues mate?

Different views on topics should be able to be expressed shouldn’t they?
You keep going on and on about the same issue, making up BS statements on how the club or people within the club feel, like you know, its very obvious you just do it to stir trouble. Like how you went on and on and on about Amone.
The club knew that LL was still under investigation by the NRL and hadn't come up with a punishment yet, it was reported on the 7th February that he had attended court and the NRL was made aware of it at that time
The Dragons knew when they finally signed him that the NRL still hadn't come up with a punishment.
The club knew that he would be punished whether it was a monetary fine or a suspension BUT they still signed him, so that's on us, its not on the Cowboys, its not on the NRL, no one forced us to sign him, we decided to, it's a non event.

You keep going on and on about the same issue, making up BS statements on how the club or people within the club feel, like you know, its very obvious you just do it to stir trouble. Like how you went on and on and on about Amone.
The club knew that LL was still under investigation by the NRL and hadn't come up with a punishment yet, it was reported on the 7th February that he had attended court and the NRL was made aware of it at that time
The Dragons knew when they finally signed him that the NRL still hadn't come up with a punishment.
The club knew that he would be punished whether it was a monetary fine or a suspension BUT they still signed him, so that's on us, its not on the Cowboys, its not on the NRL, no one forced us to sign him, we decided to, it's a non event.

What kind of trouble could I stir up on the Lucy thread at Dragons LU?

Are you serious?!

Hardly the international court of criminal appeal is it?

You really think the club and Flanno are happy and overjoyed about the suspension of a big name player?!

I never said it had anything to do with the cowboys did I?

As for Amone, what’s the problem with me along with heaps of other people making our opinions known.

Isn’t that what forums are all about?

At any rate, I think he should appeal unless they can up the penalty. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. I think the club should help him with it.

Put some reasons together why the penalty is too severe.

No chance Flanno doesn’t want to have the option to be able to play Lucy in those two rounds. Even from the bench.Zero, nil, nada.

Last edited:
Amone was a good thread and his recent statements expressing his concern for himself above and beyond anyone else pretty much confirmed that all of his detractors were spot on in our assessment.

My only regret was the pussycat legal outcome that gave him a slap on the back for seriously injuring and almost killing someone trying to do their job ( which was already dangerous enough).

Last edited:
Amone was a good thread and his recent statements expressing his concern for himself above and beyond anyone else pretty much confirmed that all of his detractors were spot on in our assessment.

My only regret was the pussycat legal outcome that gave him a slap on the back for seriously injuring and almost killing someone trying to do their job ( which was already dangerous enough).
Just for the record, I've always enjoyed your input, as someone that has an interest in the Dragons ( who cares if you support the wooden spooners :) )

Just for the record, I've always enjoyed your input, as someone that has an interest in the Dragons ( who cares if you support the wooden spooners :) )
Lol, thank you.

Yes, I have a bit of a passion for the dragons, I find that the issues that befall you interesting and there’s some great people here.

I’m not sure why some of these posters feel the need to bully me personally when I haven’t said anything bad about them?

If they keep on, the forum becomes a bad experience.

I just give my thoughts on issues, I’m not really thinking about who might agree or not.

I don’t hate anyone on LU, especially here on SGI forum. I’ve met a few in real life.

Last edited:

Latest posts