What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons twitter person continues to engage with Dragons fans in such a positive manner. :rolling_eyes:

but even more annoying is wearing the alternate jersey at home. What do you stand for as a club if not your jersey?

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Or... Imagine this... Who ever gives the designer the brief, or has final sign off should take responsibility. Whoever is tasked to design a jersey doesn't go without a concept or numerous options for the club to choose.

It frustrates' me that club's management aren't focal point of these discussions.
As someone who once worked in a graphic design firm we always strived to have at least minimum 5 options be it for logo poster etc. there seems to be some real poor choices from the marketing department in some teams

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dragons twitter person continues to engage with Dragons fans in such a positive manner. :rolling_eyes:

but even more annoying is wearing the alternate jersey at home. What do you stand for as a club if not your jersey?

I've observed this for a while and the way some of the fans engage with the club is downright abusive, so I don't blame the SM manager for being a bit snide with some fans, particularly when they post outright false information.

As for your question, the Dragons are clearly explaining they aren't wearing the red jersey this weekend, but the Red V, so I'm not even sure what you're getting at. Round 17 is an away game v Cowboys.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Clubs should have 4-on field, regular season jerseys per year.

* Home

* Alternate

* Throwback / Heritage - worn in a NRL designated heritage round, NRL designated rivalry round & one other round of club's choosing - if they want to wear it a 3rd time. (I.e. 2-3 times in the season).

* ONE special occasion jersey (Women in league, indigenous, charity, etc) that also doubles as a trial jersey at start of year.. so it gets some wear BEFORE the season, and in ONE game during the proper season.
I would go with home, away, indigenous and one charity/corporate inspired jersey I.e Anzac or the marvel ones that are made in limited stock and more of a collectors item. if they want to do both Anzac or wil they have to choose and maybe just pink socks for wil would suffice. Also if they wanted jersey representation for both charities make one limited to the 18 odd jerseys made for the night

It's Been Done

Juniors

Ah yes, I have a pretty good theory for why sides like St George wear their alternate jerseys in home games or when they don't need to on the road, it's because the NRL want more of those jerseys sold thanks to exposure in extra games. Currently, St George, Canterbury, Cronulla, Canberra, North Queensland and Souths barely clash with anyone (maximum 2-3 sides each between them) though Souths are exempt from this theory as they have an actual away jersey that they wear in all away games (except against Canberra)

mn_tibor

Juniors
So the teams without an indigenous strip so far are Brisbane, Sydney, Souths, Penrith and Melbourne

4 ISC clubs and Penrith who already had noted supply issues. I can't remember if that was for the indigenous jersey or not. BTW I realise other ISC teams have announced indigenous jerseys.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
4 ISC clubs and Penrith who already had noted supply issues. I can't remember if that was for the indigenous jersey or not. BTW I realise other ISC teams have announced indigenous jerseys.
Yep Panthers were having issues getting their indigenous jersey ready for indigenous round!

Jackson Allison

Juniors

parrawentyfan

Juniors

Disgraceful how some fans speak to club personell. And also how people speak over the internet generally. Like there isn't another person at the other end.

I would usually agree about wearing your home jersey at home but the JV / merger teams are a bit different. There need to be some balance.

I am not a Dragons fan but I think it is great to see the plain red jersey. Like it much more than the Red V.

As someone who spent years in Wollongong, the red jersey at least gives the Illawarra based fans some recognition. They would be my second team by now but I'm turned off every time they wear the Red V.

Sure the Dragons fans shouldn't be trying to appeal to Parra fans.... but just saying some prefer the plain red.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
If I were the dragons and this is probably to simplistic an answer and probably gets brought every time someone mentions the merger but wear the red v at Kogarah and a scarlet Steelers style jersey at the gong

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I'm not sure if others are like this, but it is odd that a dislike of a sporting team affects your view of colours in general.

Eg I don't like Manly, Brisbane or QLD so I basically am turned off anything maroon even if its unrelated. Eg a maroon car, cushion, tie, backpack etc.

Anyone else like that?

Saint Doc

Coach
I've observed this for a while and the way some of the fans engage with the club is downright abusive, so I don't blame the SM manager for being a bit snide with some fans, particularly when they post outright false information.

As for your question, the Dragons are clearly explaining they aren't wearing the red jersey this weekend, but the Red V, so I'm not even sure what you're getting at. Round 17 is an away game v Cowboys.

I perhaps misinterpreted their post. When they said “we won’t be wearing it again until round 17” I thought they meant AFTER this game. As in “we’re not wearing it that often”. But upon re-reading it you’re probably right. Do you know what jerseys they’re wearing- LU used to publish it from memory.

Disgraceful how some fans speak to club personell. And also how people speak over the internet generally. Like there isn't another person at the other end.

I would usually agree about wearing your home jersey at home but the JV / merger teams are a bit different. There need to be some balance.

I am not a Dragons fan but I think it is great to see the plain red jersey. Like it much more than the Red V.

As someone who spent years in Wollongong, the red jersey at least gives the Illawarra based fans some recognition. They would be my second team by now but I'm turned off every time they wear the Red V.

Sure the Dragons fans shouldn't be trying to appeal to Parra fans.... but just saying some prefer the plain red.

st George Illawarra have existed for 21 years. The Illawarra Steelers for 17 years. Anyone who needs the Steelers jersey worn at WIN to support the club is long gone now. The jersey was non negotiable in the joint venture, along with the name and colours. There is simply no way the Dragons should wear anything but the red v at home

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I perhaps misinterpreted their post. When they said “we won’t be wearing it again until round 17” I thought they meant AFTER this game. As in “we’re not wearing it that often”. But upon re-reading it you’re probably right. Do you know what jerseys they’re wearing- LU used to publish it from memory.

st George Illawarra have existed for 21 years. The Illawarra Steelers for 17 years. Anyone who needs the Steelers jersey worn at WIN to support the club is long gone now. The jersey was non negotiable in the joint venture, along with the name and colours. There is simply no way the Dragons should wear anything but the red v at home
As I understand the Dragons normally have a single "Illawarra heritage game" at WIN each year, just one home game where the red jersey is worn in whatever form it takes. Otherwise, Red V at home. Not sure if they're even doing that this year

flippikat

Bench
I'm not sure if others are like this, but it is odd that a dislike of a sporting team affects your view of colours in general.

Eg I don't like Manly, Brisbane or QLD so I basically am turned off anything maroon even if its unrelated. Eg a maroon car, cushion, tie, backpack etc.

Anyone else like that?

Yeah, I dont like blue.

I grew up hating the Auckland rugby union team (it's a NZ "child of the 80s" thing, they were all powerful & everyone hated them for it), can't stand Chelsea in Football, as a Liverpool fan there's Everton to cheer against too, I always hated the Roosters (more so now, my wife is a Souths fan) and I follow Qld in SoO, and even red in politics - I'm from a solid labour family. I think the ghost of my merchant-seaman grand-dad would haunt me forever if I dare vote for the Nats.. hahaha. (It's ok Pop, it'll never happen I swear!)

The exception being my NRL team, the Warriors.. but to be honest I more often wear the black or red or white or grey gear more than the blue jerseys.. would really love to see an on-field jersey that's mostly green one of these days.

One other exception - teams in blue & gold. I have a bit of a soft spot for them: Sweden in any sport, Otago in any sport (my 2nd fave NZ province after Wellington), Parramatta Eels.. even my hometown rugby union club - Paraparaumu, who played 4 minutes walk from the house I grew up in - wear blue & gold.

Latest posts