What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors may play every game at home in 2021.

Meth

Staff member
If things are back to normal, I think we'd prefer to just get back to normal.

Also, a fair shake from the refs

MugaB

Coach
Even though we love giving you west island convicts as much stick whenever we can, I'm honestly pretty touched by the positive reaction to this thread.

On behalf on Warriors fans, its pretty cool to see most of you guys backing us up and trying to help us out, despite the fact that we are a shit club and you guys have been subjected to watch our braindead plays.

FWIW, thanks guys for supporting this kind gesture. You are all cool.

Except that Dragon slayer guy. f**k him
If PVL and the ARLC agree to this, it would be great, but it should only be in Auckland for home games, and any away games in either Dunedin, Christchurch, Hamilton, Wellington, Whangarei, etc, and only play against every team once in NZ, for teams they play twice they'll have to travel to aus as usual, at least that way its fair on the competition, but also giving NZ more games, generally Manly have Christchurch game every year, and Tigers at Whangarei, any other clubs willing to sacrifice a home game, can fill the other 3 areas in dunedin, Wellington and hamilton.
Yes its only 5 extra games, but 17 matches in NZ out of 24 is still a great outcome

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
I do get where you are coming from here, it is a slippery slope.

However, if the storm remain in QLD for the remainder of the season including finals which is a distinct possibility then @moffla has a point. Storm would clearly be the 2nd most inconvenienced club with no one else really coming close.
I dunno. Manly had to play at the cow paddock in Campbelltown which resulted in them losing half their team. Also, f**k the storm. Give the Warriors what they deserve though.

Cam Smith is an old bugger now and COVID-19 targets the elderly. Maybe the NRL should put him in isolation until a everything is back to normal. #KeepCamSafe

edabomb

First Grade
I'd love to see this just to what the crazy conditions the NRL puts around it will be. My vote is all games need to be outside of Auckland and the Warriors have to travel by waka.

blue bags

First Grade
Warriors CEO Cameron George will follow up on a report that the NRL are looking at giving the club 24 home games next season.
“Todd under the circumstances, along with Stacey (Jones), Tony (Iro) and Justin (Morgan) are doing a fantastic job over there,” he said.

“Let’s not forget the staff are going through exactly the same challenges as the players, in terms of sacrifices and being away from their families.

“Our staff are doing an amazing job and after our four players come home, we’ve got 21-22 players left.”

For the Warriors’ fans, it’s not easy watching them struggle every week, but it’s a case of getting through this season and being ready for 2021.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...iors-all-home-games-next-season-to-say-thanks
we love the nz team , let them play at home

Grizzman

Juniors
I'd be on board and sympathetic of their "sacrifice" if the warriors actually competed in games. They have been nothing short of pathetic so far.

Living it up in a resort all expenses paid. They are basically on a paid vacation that only requires them to turn up once a week to jog around a field for 2 hours.

Bump! ?? Still feel this way?

Styles clash

Juniors
More likely they play every game in Australia again than every game in New Zealand. Doubt the New Zealand government would allow 15 Australian teams coming and going as it stands.

Pommy

Coach
More likely they play every game in Australia again than every game in New Zealand. Doubt the New Zealand government would allow 15 Australian teams coming and going as it stands.

I don’t see why not the trans Tasman bubble has been heavily discussed, Victoria are on the right path and the season doesn’t start until what March?
I’m not saying it will happen but I certainly wouldn’t discount it.

Pole

Juniors
If the Warriors play all their games at home, then surely Storm get extra home games next season. Provided we can play in Melbourne!

Latest posts