What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Soto

Bench
Did they sing the team song?
Did Arthur have to encourage them to sing it again?
We won. Yes there were shit moments.
The conditions were atrocious.
There were good moments too. Dylan Brown, try and assist and defence on Talakai all game, Moses kicking game, Nathan Brown's effort all game.
I expect a more polished performance against dragons.
Rather be here than on the cusp of the eight...
And i would find it extremely they would play in conditions like that again in a long long time

Eelogical

Referee
You are asking a man who has never had confidence in anything Parra related to tell you whether he has confidence in something Parra related.

That's as pointless a question as me asking him "Do you wan't another Kraken?".
I'll take a case of those Bentspokes, mate. You know my shipping addy.

crocodile

Bench
giphy.gif
I agree with you. But I prefer your chick pics.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just read that the Blake/Fergo combo is the second worst in the comp with letting in 21 tries, it's definitley a massive weak spot that needs to be fixed before the Semi's.
Does it though? Every team has weaknesses. That side will improve when Matterson gets back. The lateral movement of Niukore and Davey is forcing Moses to commit to the edge forward, leaving Blake and Ferguson having to make decisions against overlaps.

Did they sing the team song?
Did Arthur have to encourage them to sing it again?
We won. Yes there were shit moments.
The conditions were atrocious.
There were good moments too. Dylan Brown, try and assist and defence on Talakai all game, Moses kicking game, Nathan Brown's effort all game.
I expect a more polished performance against dragons.
Rather be here than on the cusp of the eight...
And i would find it extremely they would play in conditions like that again in a long long time
I think it's a fair point about the team song. You can paint yourself into a corner when you over or under dramatise stuff, as BA might have done in this case.

Obviously we will take the 2. It’s always good to win dirty. But we did have a few sections go our way.

that was Dylan’s best game in a few months for us. He was brilliant in such bad conditions

The thing that annoyed me the most was both Sivo and Blake coming out of the line trying to put a hit on. In Sivo’s case he’s actually created the try for Ronaldo. If he just stays back in the line, it’s easily handled. Are these guys that thick?

anyway we got the two in shit conditions and let’s move on. But we have to me much better.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good Coaches never bag the Referee after a loss..
After today there is another current NRL coach whom Arthur's has a winning record against:

Morris
Cleary
Hasler
Maguire
McGregor
O'Brien
Holbrook
Georgallis

Plus non-current coaches Barrett, Toovey, Pay, Elliot, Smith, Sharp, Stone, Brennan, Hodges and Shepherd.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
After today there is another current NRL coach whom Arthur's has a winning record against:

Morris
Cleary
Hasler
Maguire
McGregor
O'Brien
Holbrook
Georgallis

Plus non-current coaches Barrett, Toovey, Pay, Elliot, Smith, Sharp, Stone, Brennan, Hodges and Shepherd.
But there are still 7 current coaches that he shits the bed against.

eel01s

Bench
I wish we could put a game to bed earlier!

Some poor options cost us a few tries in the first half that would have made things comfortable.

The way I see it, we are winning ugly, but still winning. Atrocious conditions so really can't have a go at handling errors.

Eelogical

Referee
I wish we could put a game to bed earlier!

Some poor options cost us a few tries in the first half that would have made things comfortable.

The way I see it, we are winning ugly, but still winning. Atrocious conditions so really can't have a go at handling errors.
I don't know how either team could have ran away with that one. I thought we played well considering everything.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But there are still 7 current coaches that he shits the bed against.
Only five. He's 3 from 6 against Seibold (though won 3 of the last 4) and he's never faced Payten.

He's also 3 from the last 4 against Bennett and won two straight against Stuart (only 2 from 9 before that).

He's got a lot of work to do to catch up to Bellamy, Robinson and, inexplicably, Paul Green.