What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

strider

Post Whore
I never used to mind DCE .... and the titans thing never bothered me. He was entirely within the rules.

But for some reason i just started to dislike him more and more ... he just seems, i dunno, fake maybe .... no footy players talk like that ffs

Noise

Coach
I never used to mind DCE .... and the titans thing never bothered me. He was entirely within the rules.

But for some reason i just started to dislike him more and more ... he just seems, i dunno, fake maybe .... no footy players talk like that ffs
Yep, it's the way he interviews. Sounds rehearsed and fake. Though to be fair he has always seemed friendly, smiles and says hi at the coffee shop he attends near my place.

I think he is fake, which is what turns me off him, even though I understand that being fake is often just a defensive mechanism and not some major character flaw.

strider

Post Whore
Yep, it's the way he interviews. Sounds rehearsed and fake. Though to be fair he has always seemed friendly, smiles and says hi at the coffee shop he attends near my place.
ffs noise ... you get all coffee buddies with him, then go backstabbing him here

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon Cherry-Evans' fake/rehearsed persona is exactly that - he has taught himself (or been taught, by an intelligent mentor) to be polite, and coherent; this will serve him well in his post-playing career, but it will also stand him in good stead during his playing career, as he can lay claim to being a player who carries himself with dignity, and respect.

I have a lot of time for him, tbh.