What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To clarify - the pink is their alternate jersey. They have a white away jersey which hasn't been worn as far as i can tell

I know this is probably already been answered but why are the panthers using pink as their away colour

I assume because of this fella?
Pink_panther.jpg

greenBV4

Bench
Aren't ads based on your search history? I pretty much get cycling and car stereo ads at the moment.
Yeah i thought the same, I'm getting wetsuits and smartwatches

If youre getting questionable ads maybe you've got some questionable stuff in your search history :sweat_smile:

TooheysNew

Coach
We don't have a lot of control unfortunately. For what it's worth, just about every website I've been on that uses the same ad provider is currently suffering the same thing. Hopefully it's a short term thing.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I don't like the Pink jersey, but can understand that a lot do, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore - Having 2 daughters helps as well... lol

roofromoz

First Grade
The pink started as a Women In League jersey in 2009 and has been used as an alternate as early as 2012 (played quite a number of early round matches in the pink as the white jersey was not available from memory).

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Still don’t get it but considering the broader spectrum it’s just some dumb jersey choice by a team I don’t support, so it doesn’t really matter

Nqcowboy

Juniors
On a completely different side note, who was the last non rep team to wear a cotton jersey, was it St George in 05

sempmrh

Juniors
Still don’t get it but considering the broader spectrum it’s just some dumb jersey choice by a team I don’t support, so it doesn’t really matter

The real answer is probably just that the pink jerseys have sold well over the years so they want to keep using pink.

Klim

Juniors
I don't mind with clubs experimenting with 'odd' colours with their alternate/third jerseys. Look at the EPL for instance. The home and away strips are primarily focused on traditional club colours while their third kits are way out of league. Personally I think where this worked well is with the Titans Indigenous jersey this year.

greenBV4

Bench
Personally I think where this worked well is with the Titans Indigenous jersey this year.
what do you mean by this? you could argue that the indigenous jersey was more on brand with the Titans colours than the current home is..

Klim

Juniors
what do you mean by this? you could argue that the indigenous jersey was more on brand with the Titans colours than the current home is..
That's what I'm trying to say when it comes to third colours. It's not in the main palate but it feels very much at home. In this case I would be preferring the Titans to go towards a lighter colour like the Indigenous one and saving a darker 'third' kit like their current home colour.