What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

tripster

Juniors
Go Knights! Also good we have that gap to 3rd and 4th place now as well.

As I was saying above, if we win 3/6 the lowest we can now finish is 3rd. That means we could drop the games to the Sharks and Eels (probably our most difficult remaining opponents) and finish no worse than 3rd and quite possibly as high as 2nd assuming the Eels lose to the Storm.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
I am hoping parra bounce back next week and take the 2 points against the storm, we hopefully can go 3 points clear.

Storm are struggling a bit with injuries now, but as usual are playing well just before the finals.

It would be great to remain undefeated but I can’t shake the feeling we will have a loss somewhere before end of season.

Parra play Storm and Souths.. they are likely dropping out of the top 4 if we beat them

Not sure it’s likely they drop out of the top 4, maybe 70/30 in their favour. 2 wins probably gets them top 4.

Raiders would likely need to win 6 from 7, their points differential is a long way behind.

The roosters are the most likely to drop out of the top 4, they’ve got a tough run home and a stack of injuries.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
I am hoping parra bounce back next week and take the 2 points against the storm, we hopefully can go 3 points clear.

Storm are struggling a bit with injuries now, but as usual are playing well just before the finals.

It would be great to remain undefeated but I can’t shake the feeling we will have a loss somewhere before end of season.

Did you hear Craig Bellany's interview? He was complaining big time, and he is blaming the new format on the injuries his team is experiencing.

kinghippo

Juniors
Did you hear Craig Bellany's interview? He was complaining big time, and he is blaming the new format on the injuries his team is experiencing.
Yeah, he may have a point, there certainly seems to be a few teams with big injury lists.

Storms roster seems a bit closer to everyone else’s this year.I have very little sympathy for the roosters though.
They could field 2 first grade squads with their roster and have been able to for year’s.

I wonder what the injury stats are compared to last year, maybe there have been more maybe some teams have just been unlucky.

soc123_au

Staff member
It’s weird that so many teams are copping horrific injury tolls & we haven’t been too bad on that front. Usually it’s us getting them. Hopefully we don’t get a heap in the next few weeks

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeah, he may have a point, there certainly seems to be a few teams with big injury lists.

Storms roster seems a bit closer to everyone else’s this year.I have very little sympathy for the roosters though.
They could field 2 first grade squads with their roster and have been able to for year’s.

I wonder what the injury stats are compared to last year, maybe there have been more maybe some teams have just been unlucky.

It comes down to fitness, well in my opinion anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure it’s likely they drop out of the top 4, maybe 70/30 in their favour. 2 wins probably gets them top 4.

Raiders would likely need to win 6 from 7, their points differential is a long way behind.

The roosters are the most likely to drop out of the top 4, they’ve got a tough run home and a stack of injuries.

Canberra should only drop one v Roosters

forby

Juniors
We have had our share of injuries - Capewell, To’o, Edwards, Whare, Staines all for extended periods, and several short term. We have also released/loaned several players - Ellis, Hetherington, both Blore brothers, Cartwright.
But we still can field a team capable of beating anybody.

soc123_au

Staff member
I wasn't suggesting we havent had injuries. But they havent been as bad as a lot of years where they have completely derailed our season.

Latest posts