What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

Panther Pete

Juniors
9 in a row for the first time in the clubs 50 odd year history is pretty impressive but boy was that an uninspiring second half. No doubt the Warriors were up for the game and played very well but would that be 2 games in a row we haven’t scored a try in the second half? Anyway another week and we are still leading the comp so not sure why I haven’t got a big smile on my face.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
9 in a row for the first time in the clubs 50 odd year history is pretty impressive but boy was that an uninspiring second half. No doubt the Warriors were up for the game and played very well but would that be 2 games in a row we haven’t scored a try in the second half? Anyway another week and we are still leading the comp so not sure why I haven’t got a big smile on my face.

Winning ugly beats loosing pretty.

I was told from some who were there, conditiona dreadful.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Let's be real - that was hard tough as nails football from two teams trying their guts out in atrocious conditions. Not scoring a try for 2 straight second halves is not ideal but our defence has been up to it. Let's gve credit to a Warriors side that really turned up, credit to their boys and Todd Payten for turning around their game. 44 from 48 sets in the wet is simply outstanding and just some second half attacking finesse (more left side plays maybe?) is required moving forward to next week. Gotta win the tough games as well as the blowouts, that's why we are 9 in row for the first time ever. Awesome effort boys.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've just spoken to someone at the game.

Not too much wins, but heaps of rain......

Not a skinny 10 meters as I said......but ref had both teams back 12....

(this is a public service announcement)

mxlegend99

Referee
Winning ugly beats loosing pretty.

I was told from some who were there, conditiona dreadful.
Wasn't a blowout but we never looked like losing. We never looked worried about it either.

We looked comfortable just doing enough in the conditions. Honestly winning looks like it has become easy for them. We might be better off if we start a game off behind and need to battle for the 80.

Munky

Coach
We didn't chance our hand at all once we got the lead.

Our team lacks a down hill skier who can triple a lead in ten minutes, but at the same time is a turnstile like Cartwright was.

I'm somewhat worried about our wide defence in our twenty, it always looks like a try is on.

On a fast dry track we win by fifty with that possession.

franklin2323

Immortal
We didn't chance our hand at all once we got the lead.

Our team lacks a down hill skier who can triple a lead in ten minutes, but at the same time is a turnstile like Cartwright was.

I'm somewhat worried about our wide defence in our twenty, it always looks like a try is on.

On a fast dry track we win by fifty with that possession.

The spine just needs time together

franklin2323

Immortal
Two competition heavyweights. Under heavy rain. Against desperate teams punching well above their ladder position. Super scrappy game. Only one of them has the grit to get home.

It wasn't beautiful but we should be proud of that imo.

9 in a row is great.

The fact we have so much improvement still is a positive

betcats

Referee
The warriors defended really well, they managed to stifle our left side attack. Our timing in attack was just a little off guys were overrunning their lines and having to check themselves instead of hitting the ball at speed The wet weather definitely played a part every other tackle there was a little bobble of the ball which made things clunky

tripster

Juniors
The lowest we can realistically finish now is 3rd.

We are 3 wins and a draw clear of the Roosters in 4th. If we win 3/6 then it doesn’t matter if the Roosters win 6/6 - they can’t finish higher than us.

As others were saying in this thread, now is probably the time to think about resting some players and giving some fringe players some game time. Possibly Api for a game given his elbow problems, and JFH or Tamou (not both in the same game) and give some younger guys a go. Tonight JFH looked a little down on his best.

franklin2323

Immortal
The warriors defended really well, they managed to stifle our left side attack. Our timing in attack was just a little off guys were overrunning their lines and having to check themselves instead of hitting the ball at speed The wet weather definitely played a part every other tackle there was a little bobble of the ball which made things clunky

6th game the spine played together. Even if dry I doubt it changes

Latest posts