What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

murraymob

Coach
Actually Rhyno it would be even funnier if Ivan dri
The thing that worries me most is the refereeing. I hope it isn't Klein or Cummins.
this team will score more points ref will not figure.Just watch Gutherson he is the spark in that team.Kick to the corners make him run it out

murraymob

Coach
Capewell dropped is a massive surprise. Departure from Ivan's usual style. Though as I said last week there was an obvious battle between the bench forwards last week. They were put on notice.

Happy for Leinu anyway, always been a fan
Was he dropped or just moved back for Yeo to come back in Either way we win

Fangs

Coach
Was he dropped or just moved back for Yeo to come back in Either way we win

Well he isn't in the 17 and he played last week. I call that dropped.

Obviously Yeo was coming back in. I'm just surprised Capewell has been left out.

Leinu is an outstanding talent and I am really happy he has forced his way into the 17. And I'm also happy to see Cleary make such a change.

All this provided the squad runs out as named.

Jane Murray

Bench
Well he isn't in the 17 and he played last week. I call that dropped.

Obviously Yeo was coming back in. I'm just surprised Capewell has been left out.

Leinu is an outstanding talent and I am really happy he has forced his way into the 17. And I'm also happy to see Cleary make such a change.

All this provided the squad runs out as named.

I would be surprised, pleasantly surprised may I add, if Spencer is in the side.

Pomoz

Bench
Spencer is a weapon, you would only drop him because he was injured. He might also be dropped because the NRL rule it isn't fair to have JFH and Leniu in the same team at the same time. 171m in 29 minutes, 13 tackles, zero missed. I can't wait for when he is physically matured so we can see what he is really capable of.

age.s

First Grade
I like a) rewarding the core 17 that has got us here and b) Capewell putting strong pressure on all the forwards. There's no capacity to phone it in when a guy like him is 18th man.

Jane Murray

Bench
Spencer is a weapon, you would only drop him because he was injured. He might also be dropped because the NRL rule it isn't fair to have JFH and Leniu in the same team at the same time. 171m in 29 minutes, 13 tackles, zero missed. I can't wait for when he is physically matured so we can see what he is really capable of.

With a full preseason too.

franklin2323

Immortal

The issue is the edges not so on him. Need an edge forward so a middle must go.

The_Frog

First Grade
Markers not square should be a penalty - that is an offside ruling, not a ruck infringement.
The whole point of the set restart is that the defending side does not get the play stopped when they are penalised, thus enabling the defence to reset. This is equally so with markers not square.

maple_69

Bench
I hope it’s Yeo and then we rotate JFH and Tamou out for a game each in the next few weeks so Ivan can make the call for week 1 of the finals based on a real good look at the benchies.

betcats

Referee
Brad Fitler came out last year around his debut and said Spencer was rated higher than Payne Haas coming through the junior rep ranks I had my doubts at the time but now he looks like the best young prop in the game IMO. He can get the ball flat footed with the defence right on top of him and he still bends them back a few metres and gets away a quick play the ball. Add to that he doesnt miss tackles and doesnt make mistakes and he just turned twenty this week.

I think next season Spencer could leap over Leota and Tetevano and be the guy to take Tamou's starting spot. Give him a full preseason and let him rip in.

Jane Murray

Bench
Brad Fitler came out last year around his debut and said Spencer was rated higher than Payne Haas coming through the junior rep ranks I had my doubts at the time but now he looks like the best young prop in the game IMO. He can get the ball flat footed with the defence right on top of him and he still bends them back a few metres and gets away a quick play the ball. Add to that he doesnt miss tackles and doesnt make mistakes and he just turned twenty this week.

I think next season Spencer could leap over Leota and Tetevano and be the guy to take Tamou's starting spot. Give him a full preseason and let him rip in.

Haas played for 80 minutes in the game against Penrith, and Spencer 29. Haas's running meters were 180 and Spencer's 171, with zero missed tackles. Impressive.

soc123_au

Staff member

I like him off the bench for the moment, don't want to burn him out too early. Maybe next year give him a start against a weaker pack & see hoe he goes. Time is definitely on his side, no need to rush it.

franklin2323

Immortal

He is probably 2 seasons from getting his best. Needs another pre season to get fit then another year or so to have the same impact after longer minutes

franklin2323

Immortal
I hope it’s Yeo and then we rotate JFH and Tamou out for a game each in the next few weeks so Ivan can make the call for week 1 of the finals based on a real good look at the benchies.

Leota has played every game too. I think everyone needs to miss atleast 1 game this year