What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bomber Morris Issue

Version IV

Juniors
Bennett and Bellamy? - mate wake up. Absolute zero chance they come here.

Fitzgibbon turned down the Dragons , a club where he played as a junior and still lives. Also he’s a rookie coach. Why would we dump Morris for another rookie.

Flanno and Green are the only choices you’ve suggested who are realistic and makes sense. Have they confirmed the Broncos coach yet?

Might just be Flanno remaining. Which we can all agree might raise concerns and doesn’t guarantee us anything. His team post 2016 and his recruitment left a lot to be desired.
With Fitzgibbon remember his dad coached us not long ago, imagine a chance for his son to win it with us

Flanno will not come back, he is staying with the Dragons
Look you've proven your point. You are full of shit and proud of it.
Your act is getting lame.
Oh and look!!!!! They've meant to do bad spelling as well!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/63901c06d8a78ada3659f1954fc44f68

NRL 2020: Shane Flangan departs Dragons as Anthony Griffin’s overhaul continues
David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
September 11, 2020 2:05pm

Subscriber only
Shane Flanagan will become the most-qualified assistant coach on the open-market with the premiership-winner’s stint at St George-Illawarra over.

Flanagan is among a number of staff to be told they will not be required next year under the new regime of incoming Dragons coach Anthony Griffin.

The 2016 premiership-winning coach and fellow Dragons assistant coach James Shepherd will finish at the Red-V this season after being appointed this year to work alongside former coach Paul McGregor.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Watch every game Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

2cf224364d9bd9c9d9d003fd6a0c87f2

Shane Flanagan has been let go by the Dragons. Picture: Dan Himbrechts/AAP
Dragons high-performance manager Nathan Pickworth has also been informed he won’t be re-signed beyond this year.

DJDL

Bench
Back to the Bomber issue, I'm still undecided on him.

I like that he has brought some youth into the squad and that our attack has improved on recent times.
But I'm really not sure that players are improving under his tutelage.

Nikora had a great year last year, but hasn't stepped up this year.
Jack Williams hasn't kicked on since he first came into grade.
Mulitalo came in all guns blazing last year, and early this year, but seems to have plateaued.

Big Sexy and Brails are the only ones I really think have improved this year.
Brails' improvement could arguably be attributed to being given more freedom rather than just being a shovel. And Big Sexy seems to be a confidence player, so I'm not sure how much of that is down to coaching.

Of the established players, SJ has been in arguably career-best form so you could mount an argument for Bomber on that basis of that but, to me, the jury is still out.

Avenger

Immortal
Gentlemen, firstly apologies if it has already been posted but I hear your coach is on the nose and the board is divided and some want him out now.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah with our squad, how are we not first, the kids won NSW cup and have a sprinkle on quality rep players.

How are we not unbeaten?

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Gentlemen, firstly apologies if it has already been posted but I hear your coach is on the nose and the board is divided and some want him out now.
Probably true and indicative of a club that has been poorly run for years. Bomber has done a good job with an injury riddled squad and a bunch of kids. He deserves a year with a full cap and HIS squad. He's still paying for Flanno's far cups.

Latest posts