What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kalyn Ponga

Wizardman

First Grade
This guy seems to escape all criticism from judges when looking at the Knights. But, he is the ultimate downhill skiier of the NRL.

He does his best work against weak sides or when the Knights are well and truly on top. Whenever there is a tight contest and especially when the Knights are well down, he is very good at hiding and putting in little token efforts.

He needs to take a leaf from the QLD fullback from the Coast on how to keep himself in the game. His effort was very pisspoor and its not the first time from him when the Knights are well behind.

I'd be picking Brimson in the 1 for Origin.

Fangs

Coach
Crap team around him. But building. Very slow process up there.

They made the 8. Something to cheer about.

Brimson schooled him tonight, an awesome talent. But the Knights are a fits-and-starts team this season.

I don’t know of any fullback who can, and has, dragged their team out of a swamp and into paradise. And I’m sure no fullback in today’s comp, Tedesco or otherwise, would do better behind the Knights than Ponga has.

Johns Magic

Referee
It’s cool to bag him but Ponga has been hung out to dry this year. I fear how our season would have gone without him. He’s had zero help. Some weeks he pulls it out of the bag, other weeks he flounders with the rest of them. A lot of responsibility on a small kid fullback.

I actually think his commitment in D has been good. He misses the same tackles every fullback does.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
He would be killer in a good squad. But he's not the type to lead it. More interested in photography and milkshakes.

mongoose

Coach
He's the least of the Knights problems. Some of his efforts in defence were pretty ordinary though.

mongoose

Coach
Brimson schooled him tonight, an awesome talent. But the Knights are a fits-and-starts team this season.

I don’t know of any fullback who can, and has, dragged their team out of a swamp and into paradise. And I’m sure no fullback in today’s comp, Tedesco or otherwise, would do better behind the Knights than Ponga has.

Brimson reminds me of a young Mark Mclinden, lightning off the mark and can jink side to side like a video game. Hopefully he has a better career than macca.

Johns Magic

Referee
his goal keeper dives as the last line of defense isn't good commitment; it's pretending to make a tackle to avoid any contact

Yeah I think I’ve read you say that like twice tonight and you obviously have a thing for him. If he starts missing tackles he should make I’ll let you know. In the meantime I couldn’t care how he looks when he misses ones that were hail marys for any fullback.

Don’t think you’ll find many Knights fans questioning his commitment in defence or saying he’s not up to it.