What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 20 Non Parramatta Games

Gazzamatta

Coach
Our issue is I do not think we play football....
We play stats. Need to be very carefull. This game plan is good for teams building. You get the small things right first. Then you build on that.
We are yet to play footy. Anyone can grind and have a good kick chase. Put a bomb up or a grubber inside the red zone. Kick ball as long as can in a game of forcemans back. Run hard and tackle hard.....
It isn't playing footy though. It's just the basic structures to be competitive and not get flogged while hope for some luck or the other teams to self destruct and crack under pressure.
Some may disagree with this post. For mine its absolutely how I see our team/coach.
Great post Hindy.
Lets hope tonight and our finals campaign proves different.
Go our Eels.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Up until playing the disgraceful Broncos we had scored the least tries over about 7 or 8 weeks in the whole comp. Worse than even the Dogs and Broncos. As i said not first grade standard.
And yet we won 5 out of those 8 games. 8 first grade games in first grade. A 62.5% first grade win rate in first grade.

Can't wait to see what we do if our attack gets to first grade standard.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And yet we won 5 out of those 8 games. 8 first grade games in first grade. A 62.5% first grade win rate in first grade.

It's a fair point - if we get our combinations, timing, and plays clicking, we have a potent attacking team.

We showed glimpses of good attack against Melbourne, and showed some nice attacking footy against the Broncos.

Hopefully, Arthur can get the team clicking in time for next week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

We won on the back of our defence, some luck, against some bog average teams. Just because we were winning doesn't mean we were playing well. This comp is f**king bog average doesn't take a huge effort to make the 8 these days. But but but but Bea Arthur and stability baby!!!

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We won on the back of our defence, some luck, against some bog average teams. Just because we were winning doesn't mean we were playing well. This comp is f**king bog average doesn't take a huge effort to make the 8 these days. But but but but Bea Arthur and stability baby!!!
We are in the Top 4, not the Top 8 and I never suggested that we were playing well when we were winning, but winning is damn sight f**king better than the alternative.

But But But But But But, Holbrook is so much better!!

P.S. Bought a bottle of Kraken during the week. Going to smash a few during the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are in the Top 4, not the Top 8 and I never suggested that we were playing well when we were winning, but winning is damn sight f**king better than the alternative.

But But But But But But, Holbrook is so much better!!

P.S. Bought a bottle of Kraken during the week. Going to smash a few during the game
It normally works for me.

Gronk

Staff member
If we weren't attacking at a first grade standard we wouldn't be coming fourth.

Plenty of room for improvement as evidenced by how f**ken good we can be, but I think you've lost perspective.

F**k the little shits.
As Nathan Brown said on 2MMM good sides dont have much of a gap between their good and bad games. Injuries have disrupted our young spine and it certainly has interfered with continuity. We have to learn from this but I do believe BA that it’s not a hard fix.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
As Nathan Brown said on 2MMM good sides dont have much of a gap between their good and bad games. Injuries have disrupted our young spine and it certainly has interfered with continuity. We have to learn from this but I do believe BA that it’s not a hard fix.
He should be spending more time preparing for the game against the Tigers and less time flapping his gums on 2MMM.

Latest posts