What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 20 Non Parramatta Games

Avenger

Immortal
When I post I want you to imagine that I’m next to you watching the game live. My emotions, anger and lack of logic are there for all to read.

It’s a tough gig but I love these mother f**kers and want them to win and need to blame someone or something when we don’t. It’s been too long.

Soto

Bench
I think BA is too obsessed with stats and thinks that if the stats are good we win. He did it last last game by trying to defend his halfback who ran for over 10km in the game but conveniently didn’t mention that most of it was like a headless chook.
When I post I want you to imagine that I’m next to you watching the game live. My emotions, anger and lack of logic are there for all to read.

It’s a tough gig but I love these mother f**kers and want them to win and need to blame someone or something when we don’t. It’s been too long.
This..brilliant

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I didn't say we shouldn't try to play 18 weeks of tough footy it's just very hard to do so, look at Goosters last night,Souths the week before. And if thats the main game plan you are gunna have a bad time.
I don't understand your point here. Are you suggesting that the Roosters and Souths' game plan is also only focussed on playing 'tough footy'? What does them getting thrashed have to do with the way Parra are playing.

you only have to listen to his dribble in the press conference it's all about starting fast and our effort area's.
I don't listen to press conferences expecting a coach to reveal what we really thinks. Bennett talks shit all the time. Does he not know what he is doing?

Also, whats wrong with fast starts and effort areas? Should he be talking about slow starts and being lazy?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ah, the old "I was just winding you up" excuse. That's your go to when you've been exposed like Tarragindi chicken.

Quite possibly. But seriously mate, comparing him to Hollbrook and suggesting we'd be better off with him when all that Hollbrook has done is have the Titans win a few games where it doesn't count is plop.

That easy fix was in reference to our lack of effort in that one particular game. He has proven that it was an easy fix by addressing those effort areas in every game since. Don't take it out of context and apply it where it wasn't meant to be applied.

Our spine is a work in progress but it isn't dreadful. Not having Brown has had an impact. I would argue that Brown, Rheed and Gutho have all been fine. The issue is Moses. Even then, Moses has been down on his 2019 form but not dreadful.

Our spine is good enough when we play direct through the middle and give them space and possession. Whenever I watch a game and see us trying to 'finesse' our way out of our own half I know we are in trouble. Whenever we avoid doing that we invariably win.
My biggest problem with his easy fix comment he was happy with the absolute shit dished up the 6 or 8 weeks before the Souths flogging. i reckon the last decent game we played was the Cows game we had been in steep decline ever since. Where are his standards if he was happy with those efforts??? I do agree we need to play direct and f**k off this side to side finesse rubbish. Our strength are our big men and we should be playing through them and a lot of that does rest with Moses. Pushing up supporting the ball carrier also is something that has dropped off alarmingly and so has our line speed. Why haven't we been doing that??? Too tried??? Lack of confidence??? Not sure but we need to get back to that sort of footy to fire a shot the next month.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

^^^^^^^^ What this mad merkin said. Love the passion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't understand your point here. Are you suggesting that the Roosters and Souths' game plan is also only focussed on playing 'tough footy'? What does them getting thrashed have to do with the way Parra are playing.

I don't listen to press conferences expecting a coach to reveal what we really thinks. Bennett talks shit all the time. Does he not know what he is doing?

Also, whats wrong with fast starts and effort areas? Should he be talking about slow starts and being lazy?
Fart stats are better than starting fast.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think BA is too obsessed with stats and thinks that if the stats are good we win. He did it last last game by trying to defend his halfback who ran for over 10km in the game but conveniently didn’t mention that most of it was like a headless chook.
What would he have to gain by shit bagging Moses in front of the media?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I've finished my beer. It's your shout merkin.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My biggest problem with his easy fix comment he was happy with the absolute shit dished up the 6 or 8 weeks before the Souths flogging.

i reckon the last decent game we played was the Cows game we had been in steep decline ever since. Where are his standards if he was happy with those efforts??? I do agree we need to play direct and f**k off this side to side finesse rubbish. Our strength are our big men and we should be playing through them and a lot of that does rest with Moses. Pushing up supporting the ball carrier also is something that has dropped off alarmingly and so has our line speed. Why haven't we been doing that??? Too tried??? Lack of confidence??? Not sure but we need to get back to that sort of footy to fire a shot the next month.
What makes you think he was happy with the previous 6 or 8 weeks? The fact that he didn't go off his tits in press conferences?

If you think you were seeing problems that he hadn't noticed then you are deluding yourself. My biggest issue is that he couldn't fix it, but there's no way he was happy. It was obvious to everyone that we weren't playing as well as we were at the start of the season.

Geez you talk some shit sometimes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What makes you think he was happy with the previous 6 or 8 weeks? The fact that he didn't go off his tits in press conferences?

If you think you were seeing problems that he hadn't noticed then you are deluding yourself. My biggest issue is that he couldn't fix it, but there's no way he was happy. It was obvious to everyone that we weren't playing as well as we were at the start of the season.

Geez you talk some shit sometimes.
I think you are giving him way too much credit ii really do, i think the whole squad is a little deluded and they just think we will click in the finals. Hopefully they are playing possum and BA is planning the greatest ambush that ever ambushed!!!

After his 7 years here i doubt it i really do.

Edit - and i talk shit only sometimes????? lol you haven't been paying attention i am a shit posting GOAT!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think you are giving him way too much credit ii really do, i think the whole squad is a little deluded and they just think we will click in the finals. Hopefully they are playing possum and BA is planning the greatest ambush that ever ambushed!!!

After his 7 years here i doubt it i really do.
I don't think I am giving him too much credit by suggesting that he is aware of the fact that our form has declined over the season. Every person who watches Rugby League can tell you that...

hindy111

Post Whore
Aren't you implying ours is much stronger than theirs? The fact is they had two merkins in Origin last year while we had one. Where's your proof that our squad is significantly better? They have some very good players, including two Origin forwards. About half of their team tonight would improve our top 17. And in any case they've missed the finals while we're top 3-5.

I tipped Titans to make top 8. I rated the side.

hindy111

Post Whore
If anyone think the Roosters even put in last night they are dreaming. They gave about 20% effort....
Souths knowing a win would give a home final after Knights got belted.
Gould carried on like a peanut. They are gone they are done.
Bullshit..... It was a disgrace to rugby league what they displayed last night. A mockery of the fans. They will come out next week and you will see a different side.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If anyone think the Roosters even put in last night they are dreaming. They gave about 20% effort....
Souths knowing a win would give a home final after Knights got belted.
Gould carried on like a peanut. They are gone they are done.
Bullshit..... It was a disgrace to rugby league what they displayed last night. A mockery of the fans. They will come out next week and you will see a different side.
Its the closest thing I have seen to tanking in Rugby League. It was appalling and I hope they now play the Panthers and get f**king belted.