What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
So the NRL has decided that Clearly wont lose the 6 Dally M points for his suspension as per nrl rules, because his suspension was due to an incident off the field.

The basically guarantees their poster boy the award, which is exactly what they wanted.

I guarantee you had it been any other player, it wouldn't happen and reeks of Phil Gould getting in the CEO's ear.

Gutho will come second, and would have won the award if not for this decision.

Is it surprising?

There is more starch in a bowl of over-cooked pasta, than in the NRL's leadership group...

hindy111

Post Whore
Best thing about going to the game on Saturday night is I won’t have to read the muppets on here saying we’ve already lost, we’re a disgrace and BA should be sacked when we are not leading 30-0 after 10 mins...

You don't have to do it anytime.... You chose to.

hindy111

Post Whore
So the NRL has decided that Clearly wont lose the 6 Dally M points for his suspension as per nrl rules, because his suspension was due to an incident off the field.

The basically guarantees their poster boy the award, which is exactly what they wanted.

I guarantee you had it been any other player, it wouldn't happen and reeks of Phil Gould getting in the CEO's ear.

Gutho will come second, and would have won the award if not for this decision.

Umm he already missed 2 games to collect even more points.
But yes they make the rules up as they go. But this is a tricky one.

Umm he already missed 2 games to collect even more points.
But yes they make the rules up as they go. But this is a tricky one.

Yeh, but that's the same for every player who misses games through suspension.

Back in August the NRL came out and said they'd stuffed up by not deducting the 6 points from Cleary. They're now changing the tune:

https://pressfrom.info/au/news/sport/-255535-cleary-docked-dally-m-points-for-tik-tok-ban.html

Whether the rule is sensible or not is another question.

I would say its irrelevant as to whether its sensible, its a rule

how many f**king times so we see things like this work in favour of the Chooks or Storm

That's why I said that it is 'another question'....in reply to Hindy's suggestion that this is a bit tricky.

The NRL have tried pointing to the Payne Haas situation last year...but he was suspended by his own club, not the NRL.

Of course, without seeing the actual rule, rather than paraphrased version in press releases WTF knows?

If I were a bookmaker or pro punter making decisions based on the NRL's own disclosures on this in the past, I'd be ringing my lawyers right now. I suspect some may seek to declare all bets void.

emjaycee

Coach
What points is he not going to lose?
If he was suspended he it means he didn't play so how did he get points to then lose?
Unless Ruan was the judge of course.
OK, worked it out myself... I didn't realise there was a "fine" system in place.
I thought suspended meant totally not eligible.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I thought Moses was good on the weekend. Melbourne can't just zero in on him now and shut down our attack . I think that's why Gutho was so kick happy against the Tigers, so send a signal to future opponents .

Gutho kicked more inside the twenty

Moses ran more. Quite a bit more

You could be excused for thinking that might have been the instructions from the coach.