What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That can be taught. ET was an awful defender at first and later became one of the best defensive centres in the game combined with sizzling attack.

it’s not his defensive ability (he can tackle), it’s his size. He is too light, so he has trouble defending front on. If he goes around the legs, there is sure to be offloads / passes.

At centre he will be targeted by 100 kg plus edge forwards / centres all game and will be bound to miss a few.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If there is any truth in the French rumour, I'd rather he played on the wing, Gutho's best spot is at FB for mine.

I also read an article from Fox a few days ago (cant find it and didn't believe it) that we were trying to unload Fergo as he is on $500K a year, which is why I didn't believe it. If this was to happen and French replaced him, it would give us some decent cap space.
Ferguson was worth that when we signed him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Fine in attack, but I can’t see his defence being up to it. And not necessarily his size/tackling but reading and decision making

I reckon it’s the opposite, size will be the problem. He will have a target on his back. Just like halves do.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon it’s the opposite, size will be the problem. He will have a target on his back. Just like halves do.
I didn’t say size wouldn’t be a problem but I guess that if you know they are just going to try and run over the top of you, decision making wouldn’t be that difficult

Gronk

Staff member
And Gronk is in Shill mode as usual.

Me all day. :p

shill
/ʃɪl/
Learn to pronounce

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
noun
  1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
A-175575-1500111037-6969.jpeg.jpg

JokerEel

Coach
French is a wierd signing if signed..

He needs to beef up a bit if he doesnt want to play on the wing.

Gutho would be wasted not at fullback.

So where would French play..

eels_fan

First Grade
At Brown’s expense? Or Moses?

if it’s Moses that makes way we end up with no kicking game. Dylan has a decent grubber in him, but that’s about all. Gutho had Hail Mary kicks when he finds himself with the ball but he’s no kicker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
At Brown’s expense? Or Moses?

if it’s Moses that makes way we end up with no kicking game. Dylan has a decent grubber in him, but that’s about all. Gutho had Hail Mary kicks when he finds himself with the ball but he’s no kicker.

I am sure Drown has a kicking game or he wouIdnt have been playing up a few age groups since 17.

But how good is it? I reckon they probably haven’t got him to do much kicking to keep the pressure off him since he is so young.

But yeah I don’t think it’s anywhere near Moses game. Something that needs developing - but reckon it’s there if required.

On Gutho, considering how hard he trains, reckon if he was told he was playing in the halves he would make it his mission to develop a decent kicking game. Look at how much he has developed his play making skills in just a few years.

Joely01

Bench
Of course only one team can win the premiership but after 7 years under BA, with a premiership roster, we haven't even played a premiership qualifier match. We're still not even rated by the 'experts' as having a chance during the finals. We need change!

We don’t have a premiership winning roster yet, I would say after a few changes this off season we will

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
French is a wierd signing if signed..

He needs to beef up a bit if he doesnt want to play on the wing.

Gutho would be wasted not at fullback.

So where would French play..

I don’t think it’s a weird signing, it’s just that it’s assumed if true he is a definite top 13 signing, rather then a potential top 13 signing (and at this stage a back up signing) but it’s up to French to prove himself up to.

We don’t have much cover for fullback, halves , French can cover those position plus potentially wing.

He provides depth plus ensures there is competition for positions.

hindy111

Post Whore
French is a fullback or perhaps half.
Wing isn't a bad option if the other winger is making plenty of yard.

Latest posts