What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooper is now saying the dogs have offered Burton a 2 year, $800k deal. Ie. 400k per year.

I reckon we could get close to that, maybe 300-350k.

MugaB

Coach
No JAC for doggies, he is staying at the storm to see put his contract, besides he just won a GF, why would you move unless your retiring, plus magories chance on Burton, the panthers just won everything this year bar the GF, why (other than stressful overpriced income) would you leave a club that is going supernova North, to get headlined every week as a failure at a club going South coz your paypacket is more than what you can acheive with that roster,.... seriously ring Ben hunt or anthony milford and see if they want to sign that same milion dollar contract again... money is not everything, burto has to know this, a good education at a prospering club first then you'll demand it when you are worth it, i reckon burton will name his price in about 3 Years
I stand by my comment, if burton takes it, he is a fool, he won't make the dogs win games, the team has a few more seasons of heartache before they can strive for finals contention, he is betrer off staying put, learning off Yeo, then become him in 2 years

Smug Panther

First Grade
I stand by my comment, if burton takes it, he is a fool, he won't make the dogs win games, the team has a few more seasons of heartache before they can strive for finals contention, he is betrer off staying put, learning off Yeo, then become him in 2 years
Not if he's set on being a half

MugaB

Coach
Not if he's set on being a half
Yeah i reckon he is just happy hanging around the 17, this whole burton wants to be a half bull$hit is media driven, Ivan has already said he is looking to get him in the middle, which in my opinion is lock, moreso a ball paying lock, which is what Yeo currently is, beauty of that is Yeo can sub in as a prop or 2nd rower, hell he even played centre for a few games, i dare say Yeo might be the captain at no.8 next year

martielang

Bench
It always confuses me how rattled some get by journalists. I highly doubt Hooper has a vendetta against the panthers, he's just reporting what he's heard / knows... that's kinda his job yeh? There's no media driven agenda pushing Matt Burton or Mansour or Naden to other clubs.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Sadly Father time is standing next to Josh demanding that he step aside.
It wouldn't surprise me if his very lazy chase of the kick in-goal in the second half of the GF, which was eventually knocked on by Olam, has convinced the people who matter that it is time. It wasn't a good look.

Yeah i reckon he is just happy hanging around the 17, this whole burton wants to be a half bull$hit is media driven, Ivan has already said he is looking to get him in the middle, which in my opinion is lock, moreso a ball paying lock, which is what Yeo currently is, beauty of that is Yeo can sub in as a prop or 2nd rower, hell he even played centre for a few games, i dare say Yeo might be the captain at no.8 next year

It’d be nuts to move Yeo to prop next year. He’s had a career best year at lock, Burton is nowhere near ready to play 13.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Saddened by the Mansour situation I hope he stays sees out his contract. Playing reserve grade for $400k wouldn’t be a bad cop. Josh would probably be happy carrying water or oranges for the club. Anyway who wants to sign a 30 year old winger unless your last name is Morris.
Just a thought is Staines robust enough to play first grade week in week. Cleary game plan is usually wingers taking the first 2 hit ups. I have a feeling Rennings will play more games next year than Staines.

Saddened by the Mansour situation I hope he stays sees out his contract. Playing reserve grade for $400k wouldn’t be a bad cop. Josh would probably be happy carrying water or oranges for the club. Anyway who wants to sign a 30 year old winger unless your last name is Morris.
Just a thought is Staines robust enough to play first grade week in week. Cleary game plan is usually wingers taking the first 2 hit ups. I have a feeling Rennings will play more games next year than Staines.

I’m sure they’ll have Staines doing a solid weights program over the summer, and when he did play this year he looked stronger than his size suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts