What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
We were negotiating with Burton, I don’t know about Laurie. It’s much easier said then done. You can’t force them sign if the want to test the market. The storm lost big Tino, he’s going to be a great player, I guess their management has f**ked up?

If you think our management has done a good job post season fair play to you.

I just don't share your opinion. It’s not that hard to understand,

You think we are going well and I think we have f**ked up big time.

betcats

Referee
Do people really think our hq sat around decided to just let them test the market? We agreed to a deal with Crichton, we very likely have been talking to the others also. Money and managers are a big influence on players and for Burton we couldn’t even give him a crack at his best position. We have to be realistic, our team is very young and just played in a gf, we can’t break the bank just to get players to extend.

Bob

Juniors
[

I said Burton was going to be great after his debut ;) I still think so. But like smug said it is what it is.
Mate he's going to have to be good, he'll need to control the game as I don't think that's Flanagan's strength, which will take away from his strength which is running, if not they'll lynch him at Belmore, that mob over there eat their own young

franklin2323

Immortal
Mate he's going to have to be good, he'll need to control the game as I don't think that's Flanagan's strength, which will take away from his strength which is running, if not they'll lynch him at Belmore, that mob over there eat their own young

The issue they have. Barrett is an ordinary head coach. The pack, FB and hooker is poor. Paying overs for rookies and wingers doesn't fix that

Bob

Juniors
If you think our management has done a good job post season fair play to you.

I just don't share your opinion. It’s not that hard to understand,

You think we are going well and I think we have f**ked up big time.
Mate I understand what you're saying but I think in fairness maybe wait till recruitment and retention is done before judging, yes it sucks to lose Matt but with the money he's getting comes tremendous responsibility

franklin2323

Immortal
You are others are comfortable with the direction we are heading.

That’s fine, it doesn’t bother me, I just take an alternative view and think what is happening now sucks.

I’m entitled to believe our retention sucks and our overall roster for 2021 is much weakened but you and others believe otherwise so all good.

We had 6 spots to fill. How can you judge the overall roster until we fill them? Remembering we have 15 or 16 ( if Mansour stays) from the GF still there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do people really think our hq sat around decided to just let them test the market? We agreed to a deal with Crichton, we very likely have been talking to the others also. Money and managers are a big influence on players and for Burton we couldn’t even give him a crack at his best position. We have to be realistic, our team is very young and just played in a gf, we can’t break the bank just to get players to extend.

Some seem to think that. Guys like Brandy would of been in their ears in SOO getting them to commit

Kilkenny

Coach
We had 6 spots to fill. How can you judge the overall roster until we fill them? Remembering we have 15 or 16 ( if Mansour stays) from the GF still there.

I’m not trying to be argumentative Franklin.

I understand the majority on here don’t support my opinions.

I just don’t think we have done a good job.

I believe our roster will be inferior to what we had in 2020 but that is not the real point anyway.

We had a really talented group of players, a roster of 30 players, and we no longer have that.

I truly believe our post season has been very disappointing and that’s my view pure and simple.

If you and others are happy with the outgoings, all good, you all seem to be comfortable with what’s happening.

I’m shattered but that’s just me it seems.

John Hamblin

Juniors
The Panthers have clearly been clearing the decks to upgrade players in our top 17. Franklin 2323 has previously stated he expected us to lose some fringe players but retain the core of our team. We have another group of talented juniors coming through so all is not doom and gloom. A lot of people on this forum were not even confident we would make the top eight this year. I had $100 on us to make the eight. None of us know exactly what is going on in the background. I am confident we will retain Laui, Yeo, Crichton and Lenui. Have some confidence !!

The_Frog

First Grade
Mate I understand what you're saying but I think in fairness maybe wait till recruitment and retention is done before judging, yes it sucks to lose Matt but with the money he's getting comes tremendous responsibility
We were never keeping him by offering him a place in the centres and eventually in the backrow. He sees himself as a half. I do hope we retain him until the end of his current deal though.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not trying to be argumentative Franklin.

I understand the majority on here don’t support my opinions.

I just don’t think we have done a good job.

I believe our roster will be inferior to what we had in 2020 but that is not the real point anyway.

We had a really talented group of players, a roster of 30 players, and we no longer have that.

I truly believe our post season has been very disappointing and that’s my view pure and simple.

If you and others are happy with the outgoings, all good, you all seem to be comfortable with what’s happening.

I’m shattered but that’s just me it seems.

So who in the squad isn't talented for next year?

Bob

Juniors
We were never keeping him by offering him a place in the centres and eventually in the backrow. He sees himself as a half. I do hope we retain him until the end of his current deal though.
So do I and if his manager agitates for an early release send him to St Mary's to play Massey Cup

franklin2323

Immortal
Barrett as coach, Marshall King as hooker, Hopoate as fullbucullback, Fumbles Watene Zelesniak as wing, Napa and Hetherington in the front row, both are good for a brain fart or two per game, what could go wrong

Different fullback every game

franklin2323

Immortal

We have no reason to let him go early. Would be on very small money and he will be good for during Origin period

I’d be really surprised if Burton & Laurie are here next year. That’s two spine positions in reserve grade taken up by guys who won’t be here past 2021, that blocks more development for other guys coming through. I reckon once the club sorts out replacements they’ll be released.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So you are in the Matt Cameron has done a great job camp!

By all means question my sanity that’s all well and good but personally I am seriously pissed off with our situation post GF.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect the pain we are currently going thru and I don’t understand it.

The fans, of which you and I are, deserved better. I don’t get how accepting we are of what has happened in the month post GF.

Is the spine of Penrith changing before the 2021 season.

Are the starting pigs changing (except for Tamou)

The core of the playing group is still here. Penrith have let go a 12 game rookie who I understand was bought for huge money, and a winger who wasn't in the top 17 and only classed as a development player.

Why the angst. Why the donning of sack cloth and ashes?

Only one player out of the top 17 won't be here in 2021..........this bloke sure was the captain but I understand Yeo will be captain in 2021.....

The bloke who has left was on big money and in his mid 30's,

The sky is NOT falling in.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is the spine of Penrith changing before the 2021 season.

Are the starting pigs changing (except for Tamou)

The core of the playing group is still here. Penrith have let go a 12 game rookie who I understand was bought for huge money, and a winger who wasn't in the top 17 and only classed as a development player.

Why the angst. Why the donning of sack cloth and ashes?

Only one player out of the top 17 won't be here in 2021..........this bloke sure was the captain but I understand Yeo will be captain in 2021.....

The bloke who has left was on big money and in his mid 30's,

The sky is NOT falling in.

Well Alice you are in the 99% camp.

Please forgive me if I don’t share your views and the views of others.

I think our management has performed less than acceptable.

We should have done better and frankly if Gould were still our GM we wouldn’t be having these conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.