What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

larrry.jpg

so much to love about this..

horrie hastings

First Grade

Obviously at Leichhardt Oval, just trying to work out whether its 1981, 82 or 83 as Larry Corowa scored tries against Easts in all those games, i was at all of them and can remember bits and pieces from all of them but trying to work out which one Corowa scored in the corner. Or is it a trick photo and Corowa was bundled over the touch in goal line ? Either way it is a great photo.

axl rose

Bench
Obviously at Leichhardt Oval, just trying to work out whether its 1981, 82 or 83 as Larry Corowa scored tries against Easts in all those games, i was at all of them and can remember bits and pieces from all of them but trying to work out which one Corowa scored in the corner. Or is it a trick photo and Corowa was bundled over the touch in goal line ? Either way it is a great photo.
Winning try. 1981.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Winning try. 1981.

Ah ok, always thought Wayne Wigham scored the match winner that day but Wayne must have scored the try to get Balmain back into the game, i remember a blatant forward pass in Wighams try. I remember Easts were pretty much in control of the game but didn't have a big lead and then Ron Giteau was sent off and after that Balmain came home strong. Funny to think that match was almost 40 years ago .

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Ah ok, always thought Wayne Wigham scored the match winner that day but Wayne must have scored the try to get Balmain back into the game, i remember a blatant forward pass in Wighams try. I remember Easts were pretty much in control of the game but didn't have a big lead and then Ron Giteau was sent off and after that Balmain came home strong. Funny to think that match was almost 40 years ago .

Definitely 1981.

That's Boustead around Corowa's legs when he scored the winning try 3mins from fulltime.

In 1981 the Roosters had the 3 pin stripes down the side of their shorts as seen in the photo. In 1982 they reverted to the two thicker stripes, one red one blue.

In 1983 Corowa didn't score against the Roosters at Leichhardt. This is an error.

Have to agree, 40 years, bloody hell where does it go.......

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Definitely 1981.

That's Boustead around Corowa's legs when he scored the winning try 3mins from fulltime.

In 1981 the Roosters had the 3 pin stripes down the side of their shorts as seen in the photo. In 1982 they reverted to the two thicker stripes, one red one blue.

In 1983 Corowa didn't score against the Roosters at Leichhardt. This is an error.

Have to agree, 40 years, bloody hell where does it go.......

I only checked the rugby league tables site to see when Corowa scored against Easts at Leichhardt and it says he scored 81, 82 and 83, to be truthfull i dont remember him scoring in the 1983 game and i have a copy of the game so will check it out later. I think in the 1981 game Easts led 11-2 , Ron Giteau was sent off and i remember Wayne Wigham scored a try from a forward pass and the Tigers scored with a few minutes to go to win the game which would have the been the Corowa try.

Last edited: