What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

The_Frog

First Grade
Or the person that had us down as 2020 minor premiers a couple of weeks before it was confirmed with the win over the Cowboys.
I'm not exactly sure how the editing permissions on Wikipedia work, but surely the club has control over their post on the site, especially as it appears to be the most reliable indicator of the club's 30 man squad. I mean would they even use it if any old Joe could get on there and change it?

What surprises me is that they don't use their part of the NRL site for this purpose.

BxTom

Bench
I'm not exactly sure how the editing permissions on Wikipedia work, but surely the club has control over their post on the site, especially as it appears to be the most reliable indicator of the club's 30 man squad. I mean would they even use it if any old Joe could get on there and change it?

What surprises me is that they don't use their part of the NRL site for this purpose.
As a one time academic (Uni) don't rely on wikipedia. Standard practice to detract marks if students quote from wikipedia

WestyLife

First Grade

As a one time academic (Uni) don't rely on wikipedia. Standard practice to detract marks if students quote from wikipedia

Yep anyone can edit pages.

Jane Murray

Bench
Naden is lucky, he should have been punished further.

The NRL has imposed a sanction of one month's suspension on Penrith Panthers player Brent Naden following the conclusion of anti-doping processes conducted by Sport Integrity Australia and the NRL.

Naden did not contest a Notice of Alleged Anti-Doping Rule Violation in relation to positive samples for Benzoylecgonine and Methylecgonine (metabolites of Cocaine) collected from him following the NRL Grand Final on 25 October 2020.

Having established that the ingestion of the cocaine was out-of-competition and not for performance enhancing purposes, Naden is sanctioned in accordance with new provisions of the incoming World Anti-Doping Code 2021 which permit a one-month period of ineligibility for qualifying athletes who also undertake an approved rehabilitation program. The sanction will come into effect on 1 January 2021 with the commencement of the new WADA Code.

In accordance with the WADA Code, Naden's one-month period of suspension is backdated to the date of his provisional suspension and he will be eligible to return to training and competition on 1 January 2021.

The sanction issued to Naden concerns the anti-doping breach only and any other related matters will be reviewed in the new year. The Panthers and the NRL will continue to provide support to Naden.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Matthews and Ball first match at Penrith Stadium on 6 Feb against Souths. So if it’s to hot to go to the beach you can go to the footie.

panthersam

Juniors
Jerome Luai has just posted a photo from the latest camp they have been on, the photo is of himself, Critta, Kikau and To’o with the caption as ‘Left Side, Strong Side’

I wonder if that means Brian will be moving to the left with Staines taking up the right wing?

Jerome Luai has just posted a photo from the latest camp they have been on, the photo is of himself, Critta, Kikau and To’o with the caption as ‘Left Side, Strong Side’

I wonder if that means Brian will be moving to the left with Staines taking up the right wing?

Luai might have been quoting words from the movie Remember the Titans.

Great film

betcats

Referee

I think it might mean that, the photo looked that way. That being said it was Jerome so he could just be f**king with everyone, all the team is pretty careful about giving things away when posting training photos.

To me it makes a lot of sense to have Staines on the right side, helps balance our attack. In the grand final the Storm read our attack quite easily knowing we’d mostly go to our left side. We also didn’t have the pace on the right to exploit the overlap that was created.

Obviously Staines would do well on the end of Crichton as well, but on balance I think this is the smarter move. Crichton made Mansour look good, he’ll make To’o look even better. To’o is actually a strong finisher.

BxTom

Bench
To me it makes a lot of sense to have Staines on the right side, helps balance our attack. In the grand final the Storm read our attack quite easily knowing we’d mostly go to our left side. We also didn’t have the pace on the right to exploit the overlap that was created.

Obviously Staines would do well on the end of Crichton as well, but on balance I think this is the smarter move. Crichton made Mansour look good, he’ll make To’o look even better. To’o is actually a strong finisher.
Might also be a hint that they will possibly pair Staines with Whare for a short time so that they don't have two inexperienced players on one side - Naden and Staines.

Might also be a hint that they will possibly pair Staines with Whare for a short time so that they don't have two inexperienced players on one side - Naden and Staines.

Maybe, but I still think Naden is a better option. It’s not like Crichton & To’o are super experienced on the other side.

Panfa

Juniors
Staines scored his 6 tries on the right side this yr its a no brainer he prefers the right.Who can forget the run he made down the right against the sharks it was pure speed.Right side attack of martin cleary burton staines looks dangerous.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I had Whare at 1% to ever play first grade again but adding that level of pace outside him might lift it to 10%

MugaB

Coach
Nado and staines pairing they scored 4 tries on his debut.... im pretty sure it works