What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I feel like we could potentially have the worse backline in the competition.
2-5 If Fergo does not bounce back and Sivo plays the same we would have three guys if include Opacic who are at NSW cup level.
The only decent player would be Blake who also is hot and cold.

I look at players from outside and what other clubs would want them. Id say Fergo,Sivo and Opacic would have very limited suitors. I reckon super league would maybe be there only options.

I agree.

I think Opacic, and Oldfield, are serviceable as short-term injury and/or suspension replacements.

But they are not suitable as full-time replacements for Jennings, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd say Marata is the only player who has a cemented bench spot currently, so between: Kaufusi, Papali'i, Stone, Cartwright, Hipgrave, Smith and potentially Nathaniel Roache the final 3 bench spots will be highly competitive

I like our forward depth - we look strong up front.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'd say Marata is the only player who has a cemented bench spot currently, so between: Kaufusi, Papali'i, Stone, Cartwright, Hipgrave, Smith and potentially Nathaniel Roache the final 3 bench spots will be highly competitive
No love for Lussick OA? TCT havent mentioned him so I'm wondering how hes training. I must say its great to finally have back ups in the 9.
Also an article in todays Telegraph "Shoosh". "Which high profile NRL back in rated 50/50 to rejoin his club for the reminder of the pre season?
Former Origin player has been struggling to deal with a number of personal matters. "
Fergo?

Avenger

Immortal
No love for Lussick OA? TCT havent mentioned him so I'm wondering how hes training. I must say its great to finally have back ups in the 9.
Also an article in todays Telegraph "Shoosh". "Which high profile NRL back in rated 50/50 to rejoin his club for the reminder of the pre season?
Former Origin player has been struggling to deal with a number of personal matters. "
Fergo?
Yes, it is him.

T-Boon

Coach
The 6again rule is the biggest area of future coaching exploitation. It is still new and the innovative attacking coaches will do best. We just don't have that kind of coach or staff.
I expect we will fall further behind in attack and be out of the 8.

Does anyone think Arthur is capable of getting with the times? His whole attacking philosophy is completions.

hindy111

Post Whore
Papali'i is also a special for the bench.

Agree. He would of been paid top 17 money and from what I have read on tct has stood out.

I feel the bench will be

Nikauore
Papali'i
Kafusi
W.Smith

That's at full strength. I reckon guys like Cartwright,Hipgrave,Roache may force their way into the side. But they'll have to prove themself. And at who's expense? W.Smith is the easiest spot to take so Roache is a hot chance. Very good player. Kafusi might just break out this season. But of course there is always injuries so Carty and Hipgrave will get a shot. LANE will want to be on his toes.
Hollis and Hughes will have to spend atleast haklf a season in NSW cup before BA evens considers them. But I wouldn't be surprised if both jumped Stone in the pecking order by end of year. I like Stone but just don't think he did enough and I get the feeling these other guys are better talents.

We also have 4 spots to fill. I think if MJ results are sorted we will make a play for a quality centre. I can also see us adding a journeymen to the roster.
And I expect two spots to go to some juniors. I have no idea who but I reckon they'll be a pair of 18/19ylds.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon if Haze can't take the spot of a washed up Fergo and the huge liability that Sivo is in defense this season then he isn't much chop.
Will be interesting but I hope he has a big off-season. He seems to read the game well.

Avenger

Immortal
The 6again rule is the biggest area of future coaching exploitation. It is still new and the innovative attacking coaches will do best. We just don't have that kind of coach or staff.

Does anyone think Arthur is capable of getting with the times? His whole attacking philosophy is completions.
I think he has realised that he can’t do everything.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree. He would of been paid top 17 money and from what I have read on tct has stood out.

I feel the bench will be

Nikauore
Papali'i
Kafusi
W.Smith

That's at full strength. I reckon guys like Cartwright,Hipgrave,Roache may force their way into the side. But they'll have to prove themself. And at who's expense? W.Smith is the easiest spot to take so Roache is a hot chance. Very good player. Kafusi might just break out this season. But of course there is always injuries so Carty and Hipgrave will get a shot. LANE will want to be on his toes.
Hollis and Hughes will have to spend atleast haklf a season in NSW cup before BA evens considers them. But I wouldn't be surprised if both jumped Stone in the pecking order by end of year. I like Stone but just don't think he did enough and I get the feeling these other guys are better talents.

We also have 4 spots to fill. I think if MJ results are sorted we will make a play for a quality centre. I can also see us adding a journeymen to the roster.
And I expect two spots to go to some juniors. I have no idea who but I reckon they'll be a pair of 18/19ylds.
Russell and Penisini have big expectations. Good size, athleticism and maturity. Allegedly.

T-Boon

Coach
Didn't we have an Islander centre developing that was supposed to be good a couple years ago?

Our lower grades are a grave yard for talent.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Arthur would of made a great coach in the 70’s.