What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 7-11 2021

If we lose this series at the Gabba, surely it will be time for the selectors to retire Paine. Nice guy and all, but I can't watch to many more tests whereby he fritters away literally everything. He's done much to fix Australia since SAF but the time has come. He takes Pant on 5 and Lyon has his wicket early, the test turns and India don't sniff much to win or draw.

T-Boon

Coach
Stripping Paine of the captaincy only solves half the issue, he'd still be ruining our DRS calls from keeper. Time to just punt him

They would be better off giving Warner the gloves and having him bat at 6 or 7. I've always thought Warner would be a good lower middle order bat and his keeping would only be slightly worse than Paine's.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The pitch was very slow and it held together. Lyon really had to do better. Paine picked a bad day to have a poor day behind the stumps. I am confused by the tactics because we have done short rubbish across two captains and two coaches now so i dont know whats going on there.

I don't mind the SCG being a little slower but it needs to break up by day 4 and 5. The pitch just completely died by the end after having at least a bit of variable bounce on day 2 and 3.

Lyon just isn't the type of spin bowler who will rip through a team in these circumstances. So why give us a pitch like this lol

some11

Referee
Ashwin has certainly earnt the right to shit talk Tim Paine today
Paine when the pressure is on:

015.png

some11

Referee
I told my mates to get on the draw @ 5.50 before the test started because I thought it was the first week of january and the forecast looked shit, I didn't realise it started on the 7th lolol

We were joking how stupid it was to bet on something without even double checking the date, well with a bit of luck we're laughing now.

JJ

Immortal
India are running on the smell of an oily rag and you lot are panicking

Maybe we are, indeed, the #1 test team lol

We’d just smash at home then if they were at full strength let alone this rabble

JJ

Immortal
well we only needed a draw to go back to no 1

Bugger... but let’s recall we easily beat a stronger Indian team 2-0 here... admittedly we were appalling in Australia

think the three teams are very close