What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
But then why is he still getting that hate speech back that society should not allow..or should I say again after all this time. It works both ways. Is that OK too.
Yes there are some people that agree with him or dont care what he said to comment.
Even though he used his profile to get it out and target more people than any low profile person would be able to achieve was a poor choice of judgment on his part.
Folau does not need or want your support directly.
Our club does.

sorry mate...you lost me...(I don’t mean to be rude)

the “works both ways part” is all I understood and here’s my 2 cents....

You’re saying we should forgive the bloke and let him play for us?

Folau has said that gay people (who have no choice in the matter) will burn in hell for being gay....

the bloke is not remorseful for what he said either mind you.

but because we need a left centre and he’s a good player then All is forgiven...and we should welcome him back with open arms? Because he has the right to free speech?

no mate...f**k that. That’s not free speech...that’s hate speech...there’s a massive difference.

I don’t want that sort of person who targets other people and saying they will burn in hell anywhere near my club or sport.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, but Folau is still under contract at the Catalans so a fee will be required to sign him.

Maddragon99

Juniors
It is not just a debate for me Dorsai. Whether or not we sign Folau will determine whether or not I can continue to be a Dragons fan. I can't support a team if they choose to align themself with the belief that who I am is an abomination.

I don't want to lose my team.:confused:
What happened to just wanting to win footy games? His conservative politics are quiet irrelevant to me.

The walking headline Choc Mundine has been making ridiculous controversial statements for over 20 years yet he remains a fan favourite on the site in particular.

As long as we’re signing Falau as a fullback I’m stoked potentially makes us a top 4 team & doesn’t adversely effect player development given that Dufty was likely to leave anyway.

Prometheus

Juniors
What happened to just wanting to win footy games? His conservative politics are quiet irrelevant to me.

Can you not understand how impossible it would be for members of the gay community to cheer on a player who thinks that there is something fundamentally disgusting and evil about them? How impossible it would be to support a team that tacitly endorses such views by signing him?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

The walking headline Choc Mundine has been making ridiculous controversial statements for over 20 years yet he remains a fan favourite on the site in particular.

As long as we’re signing Falau as a fullback I’m stoked potentially makes us a top 4 team & doesn’t adversely effect player development given that Dufty was likely to leave anyway.

People really don’t get that this is more than just footy.

epDragon62

First Grade
Israel is a great rugby league player.
If he comes to Dragons he will have my support.
Compassion needs to go in all directions.
Our society needs to allow opinions and respect that. We dont all agree but that is expected. Just move on to RUGBY LEAGUE AND WINNING.
Hmmmm, I agree with the caveat that any public breach of contract with regard to his views is an immediate dismissal.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Can you not understand how impossible it would be for members of the gay community to cheer on a player who thinks that there is something fundamentally disgusting and evil about them? How impossible it would be to support a team that tacitly endorses such views by signing him?
Dragons are the best placed club for Falau because we’ve been dealing with Anthony Mundine for over 20 years we know how to stay tight & ride out controversy.

Since arriving in the United States two weeks ago, Mundine has been shocked by what he says is a misunderstanding of comments he made in October 2001, when he said: "They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it's not about terrorism.Jul 13, 2012.

To the best of my knowledge Muslins aren’t a fan of gays either.

Prometheus

Juniors
Um, my post is about empathy and your reponse is that the club is good at ignoring peoples' feelings until it all blows over?!?

BLM01

First Grade
sorry mate...you lost me...(I don’t mean to be rude)

the “works both ways part” is all I understood and here’s my 2 cents....

You’re saying we should forgive the bloke and let him play for us?

Folau has said that gay people (who have no choice in the matter) will burn in hell for being gay....

the bloke is not remorseful for what he said either mind you.

but because we need a left centre and he’s a good player then All is forgiven...and we should welcome him back with open arms? Because he has the right to free speech?

no mate...f**k that. That’s not free speech...that’s hate speech...there’s a massive difference.

I don’t want that sort of person who targets other people and saying they will burn in hell anywhere near my club or sport.
Your entitled to your view but no where have I said he has to be forgiven by anybody. That also is a freedom of opinion or choice. That is not a requirement for him to sign a contract which IMO is probably a 5% chance anyway of getting approved by the NRL.

I'll be clearer. You talked about hate speech. But what about the hate speech he has copped from whoever?.which again is being recycled because of a news story
Whether you think it is deserved or not. It is OK too?

I’d get banned from lu if I shared my views on this topic.

But they would involve Russell Packer running at full steam.

He’s a divisive figure who has made some incredibly inhumane and pernicious statements. I wouldn’t let him park on my driveway.

I understand that he owns 7 houses and yet still asked for charity to pay his legals from battlers.

You reap what you sow sgi. This is crazy!

Last edited:

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Players have gone to jail for assaulting innocent people, broken into people’s homes threatening to kill the occupants and yet someone sprouts their religious beliefs they are crucified by the precious intolerant left wing media. If the thought police class what he said as hate speech, what will be next, dictating what pronouns we can and can’t use? This is Australia not China, where many brave souls fought and died for our freedoms.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
But then why is he still getting that hate speech back that society should not allow..or should I say again after all this time. It works both ways. Is that OK too.
Yes there are some people that agree with him or dont care what he said to comment.
Even though he used his profile to get it out and target more people than any low profile person would be able to achieve was a poor choice of judgment on his part.
Folau does not need or want your support directly.
Our club does.
Please... Folau is not a victim of hate speech.

Latest posts