What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 - Storm vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 11th March 8:05pm @AAMI Park

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well I’m surprised no one has made a thread yet, I thought someone would’ve by now.

IT IS ONLY 7 DAYS TIL WE KICK OFF AND WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IT!

It’s gonna be bloody tough as the Storm haven’t lost a round 1 game in like 20 years and we have never won down there in 17 attempts. Either they are too good for us or we are in control and find a way to lose it.

There is no more Cam Smith though plus Grant and Finucane are injured, this is our big chance against the reigning premiers in their backyard for us to make a statement, how much do the boys want it? Can we break the hoodoo and all the history against us to come up with a miracle and a win for the ages? If we can do I think I’ll be a crying mess I would be so frigging proud, trying to beat them down there has been like repeatedly trying to climb Ng Everest but failing...... can we find a way to reach the summit this time?

If we get Klein it’ll be even tougher. We all know the Storm will get some home crowd calls and get away with holding us down but we need to stay composed and have a high completion rate and discipline. If you give the Storm too many chances in attack they will punish you.

B. Smith was talking up how strong the Storm pack are on fox sports to Finchy even without Finucane. Also how good Reimis Smith is in the air.

We need to be better under the high ball we were weak in this regard last year. An aerial assault is coming our way that’s for sure mate.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS LETS CHEER AND SCREAM LIKE WE HAVENT BEFORE LETS ALL RISE WITH THE BOYS IN WEATHERING THE STORM! IT IS ONCE AGAIN
NEARLY TIME TO FIIIRRREEEE UUUPPPPPP........

Rabbits20

Immortal
I read on Facebook from a poster who spoke to Su’a at the CS and Su’a said he’s good to go for round 1.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I was listening to the talking league podcazt with Wacko Whispers and he was saying he had it on good authority that Host is looking likely to start over Koloamatangi.

Bennett and his mind games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths Instagram today unveiled our likely team. Apparently at the nrl season launch tonight Souths unveiled our side with Knight, Sele and Jed Cartwright all injured is unavailable

Rabbitohs Round 1 team:

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dane Gagai
4. Campbell Graham
5. Josh Mansour
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (C)
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Junior Tatola
11. Jacob Host
12. Jayd’n Su’a
13. Cameron Murray

14. Benji Marshall
15. Mark Nicholls
16. Keaon Koloamatangi
17. Jai Arrow

18. Patrick Mago
19. Jaxson Paulo
20. Tautau Moga
21. Troy Dargan

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 can you please put this at the top of page now and pin the thread? We are only 5-6 days away now bro lets get the chatter in this thread going....

It isn’t high up now so I think people are missing it who don’t scroll down when checking threads.

callmack1

Staff member
@callmack1 can you please put this at the top of page now and pin the thread? We are only 5-6 days away now bro lets get the chatter in this thread going....

It isn’t high up now so I think people are missing it who don’t scroll down when checking threads.
I will on Monday morning, that is the week of the game and that is the time that Game threads have always been pinned.

Can't wait to get into it!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Host actually played really well against the dragons. Everything else aside it was nice to see he had 0 missed tackles. I remember watching him at the dragons and he was missing tackles like no tomorrow.

Due to Koloa's size and skill it actually makes more sense to use him off the bench as a ball runner when opposition teams are tired. Host seems more like a safe defensive player. Seems more like Bennett's playstyle.

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go!!! Here we f**king go!! It feels so surreal to say this but after a long, hard Pre-Season, Round 1 is finally upon us. The dawn of a new Season is finally upon us. With a new Season comes new hope, every club has high hopes, dreams and it is a level playing field at this time of the year. We all know the opportunity this year brings for us, it's now about going out there and taking it. Who will come out the other side and lift that trophy on the first weekend of October? No one knows. One thing we do know is that it's gonna be one hell of a ride so strap yourselves in!

Been looking forward to this week for so, so long and to have it finally here is beyond exciting! Really excited to be opening the Season and we probably couldn't ask for a tougher way to start either as we go up against the Storm in Melbourne. We all know the tale of the tape, despite coming close in recent years, Souths have never, ever won in Melbourne. Add to that that the Storm are the defending Premiers, haven't lost Round 1 in like 20 years, as well as the fact that this is their first home game with a crowd since 2019, you can see the odds are well and truely against us. The defending Premiers still have one hell of a side and boast strike all across the park. I have no doubt they'll be up there again this year.

So yes, the odds are stacked against us but that's just the way we like it. If we're ever going to win in Melbourne and if the Storm are ever going to lose Round 1, this is the year it could happen. Injury free, we will hopefully contend for the Premiership this year too and on paper, I honestly believe we boast the best side. As I said, it's going to be extremely tough but with the side we have, I honestly feel like we can do it on Thursday night. I can't remember the boys being this excited for a Season and everyone looks primed and ready. We are tipped to be a heavyweight this year and if we want to live up to that hype we have to show it in Round 1 with a strong performance. We've been talking the talk, it's now time to begin walking the walk.

This Round will be made extra special as the boys will run out with half our members' names on their jerseys (mine included) as we'll be wearing our Thank You members jerseys I believe.

Just can't wait for this!! Three more sleeps. Bring on Thursday!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJ did not complete training today. Will be a further update after captains run Wednesday.

callmack1

Staff member
"Records are meant to be broken" - Graham: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/08/records-are-meant-to-be-broken---graham/

"You wanna beat the best" - Cook: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/08/you-wanna-beat-the-best---cook/

'We've got confidence in our ability to get the job done' - Murray: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...-in-our-ability-to-get-the-job-done---murray/

Nope but I’d guess hammy as he’s had that injury a few times before.
Well, it'll be interesting come Wednesday's captain's run then. Hopefully he's sweet.

Latest posts