What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

BLM01

First Grade
This for sure and certain.
The only thing for sure and certain is the Warriors always have the money to pay overs for players and some real big names too and always fit them under the cap
Good luck to them but I’m not so sure Nathan Brown sees Matt as a priority signing :thinking:

slippery5

Juniors
His fear of tackling one on one is his biggest problem. Just saw a replay of Kotoni Stagg's try against us & it was made to look even better by Dufty going for the intercept, pulled the same move off in Charity Shield, not to mention when the Bulldogs put us to the sword. Hook should "HOOK" him on these deficiencies alone until he works on aiming at the ball carrier only.

Maddragon99

Juniors
His fear of tackling one on one is his biggest problem. Just saw a replay of Kotoni Stagg's try against us & it was made to look even better by Dufty going for the intercept, pulled the same move off in Charity Shield, not to mention when the Bulldogs put us to the sword. Hook should "HOOK" him on these deficiencies alone until he works on aiming at the ball carrier only.
Don’t disagree but Ramsey isn’t ready yet he needs another year to bulk up a bit.

Dragon David

First Grade
This for sure and certain.
With Roger leaving to go to Union, the Warriors will be after a fullback and Dufty could be the man.
However, his mistake rate could still be a problem in my opinion.

I just wish that he can improve for us and minimise his errors as he provides our best attacking option.

Maddragon99

Juniors
With Roger leaving to go to Union, the Warriors will be after a fullback and Dufty could be the man.
However, his mistake rate could still be a problem in my opinion.

I just wish that he can improve for us and minimise his errors as he provides our best attacking option.
It’s always going to be rocks & diamonds with Dufty. I suspect Nathan Brown will fancy his chances of coaching the errors out of his game. Like trying to coach a passing game into Aitken.

possm

Coach
It’s always going to be rocks & diamonds with Dufty. I suspect Nathan Brown will fancy his chances of coaching the errors out of his game. Like trying to coach a passing game into Aitken.
I recon Brown will use him off the bench.

Sanits have Ramsey, Sloan and Schiller all waiting in line. All cheaper than Ransey and all keen to get their chance.

mbk78

Juniors
The only thing for sure and certain is the Warriors always have the money to pay overs for players and some real big names too and always fit them under the cap
Good luck to them but I’m not so sure Nathan Brown sees Matt as a priority signing :thinking:
Let’s just wait and see :wink:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Looks like Dufty will be staying put, the Warriors went in a different direction;

The Brisbane Broncos are reportedly privately “filthy” after losing teenage sensation Reece Walsh to the Warriors, in a deal confirmed on Thursday.

The Broncos released a statement announcing they had lost the talented fullback to the Warriors, but he will continue see out the 2021 season with the club.

The Warriors released a statement to announce Walsh has signed a three-year deal and is reportedly seen as the club’s future fullback once Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leaves.

The Villain

Juniors
Dufty doesn’t have acceleration of Pap. But what he does have is an extra gear when at full pace. 20 metres out I thought the Sharks had him covered. Then he burned them. Same with the anzac try a couple of years ago. I don’t recall any player having that ability.
With some confidence and good coaching he will be a superstar.

rasaint

Juniors
BTW Dufty was king hit and knocked unconscience or at least silly in the Ramien tackle.

Had he stayed down I reckon Ramien would have been sent off. Yet he got to his feet. Some may say he should have milked it, but gutsy effort to get up and play on after the HIA assessment. Not sure how the hit effected him thereafter ( admittedly scored one of those sublime Dufty trys).

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
BTW Dufty was king hit and knocked unconscience or at least silly in the Ramien tackle.

Had he stayed down I reckon Ramien would have been sent off. Yet he got to his feet. Some may say he should have milked it, but gutsy effort to get up and play on after the HIA assessment. Not sure how the hit effected him thereafter ( admittedly scored one of those sublime Dufty trys).
It didn't appear to affect him at all to me. He was your normal Dufty, scored a slashing try that would proudly sit in any highlights reel and dropped a few kickoffs.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Yes I noticed that too. I was surprised he passed the HIA. He knows he’s playing for a contract so I guess he wanted to show some toughness. Appreciated by the fans but maybe not the coaching staff.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Had he stayed down I reckon Ramien would have been sent off. Yet he got to his feet.
Another poor read from Dufty there

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Curious to see how many watched the Storm vs eels match tonight..

Thoughts on Papenhyuzen?