What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Stripping the award is silly and virtue signalling at its best.

The Dally M isn't an honorary award like Australian of the year for example. It is an award based on performance and has tangible metrics. The NRL can try and distance themselves from him all they want but nothing will change the fact he was the best player that year and a superstar in the competition.

Beautifully written.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You guys know the only quotes in that article are from someone who doesn't think they should be stripped, yeah?

Yeah, but the SMH claims the NRL are considering it. Which is either pure fabrication and bullshit, or it's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Knight76

Juniors
Yeah, don't agree with stripping him of any award he earned playing the game. Thats insane and sets a very difficult precendent.

Does the NRL veto any premiership won with Matt Lodge in the team? Where do they draw the line.

But, after all it is the NRL. If there is any chance they can fudge up a simple situation or rule, they will do their best to make it happen!

Gardenia

Juniors
If the president of America can be cancelled and silenced you betcha they can cancel Haynes and wipe out his playing history .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, it's just the most insane thing to even consider. If we're going to take the SMH on their word (dangerous, I know) then some muppet at the NRL sat there, heard the verdict and had so little to do that they thought 'mmm we should have meetings about whether his Dally Ms stand'

Scott

Bench
Yeah, it's just the most insane thing to even consider. If we're going to take the SMH on their word (dangerous, I know) then some muppet at the NRL sat there, heard the verdict and had so little to do that they thought 'mmm we should have meetings about whether his Dally Ms stand'

That is exactly how idiots in an office think. No idea or feel for what happens in the real world!

Sphagnum

Coach
If anyone at NRL headquarters had actually ever heard of Jason Smith would they take away all his awards too after he became a convicted felon? What about all the other blokes?

making one off rulings without considering all the precedent and ramifications is just a broken system that can never be fair. It’s like making some things rebrand themselves and some not because certain groups being offended is more important than others. That’s absolute bullshit.

taipan

Referee
Trouble is 2020/2021 is not 10 years ago.And the incident has been spelt out in all its vivid colour.
Every time something like this happens ,it comes back to haunt the game.
It's a whole new ball game now.
Drugs is bad enough, but geez this is hardly a walk in the park.

They strip people of OBEs whatever ,hello Rolf Harris.My gut feeling is the code may well be under pressure to remove his awards.
I don't know ,I'm just a pleb who loves the game, and get's the sh*ts whenever its name gets smudged by some who don't; seem to care.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not a fan of retrospectively stripping awards such as the Dally M’s.

It is a different scenario to MBE’s and the like so I can understand convicted felons such as Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter and the like being stripped of there awards.

Latest posts