What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Soccer getting a new HQ and CofE in Perth. so that's; athletics, basketball, Union, AFL and now soccer all with new HQ and CofE's in Perth. Meanwhile the NRLWA are still crammed in tiny offices underneath the stand at HBF Park!

Our game is shrinking by virtue of not growing.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Soccer getting a new HQ and CofE in Perth. so that's; athletics, basketball, Union, AFL and now soccer all with new HQ and CofE's in Perth. Meanwhile the NRLWA are still crammed in tiny offices underneath the stand at HBF Park!

Maybe the WA Govt are thinking... why waste money on rusted on east coast sports ;)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe the WA Govt are thinking... why waste money on rusted on east coast sports ;)
yes I'm sure they are after our illustrious leaders comments! Shame as our premier is from Newcastle and known to be a supporter of RL. The state is flush with cash, we have a supportive premier, all we need is an NRL leader to see the value and announce Perth is next and the game could be storming here in the next few years. they could make it a condition that HBF park gets a further capacity upgrade, NRLWA get state funded CofE and that the Govt supports Jnr and touch RL more and I'm sure the Govt would have no problems supporting that. Oh well no-one misses an opportunity quite like RL!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
yes I'm sure they are after our illustrious leaders comments! Shame as our premier is from Newcastle and known to be a supporter of RL. The state is flush with cash, we have a supportive premier, all we need is an NRL leader to see the value and announce Perth is next and the game could be storming here in the next few years. they could make it a condition that HBF park gets a further capacity upgrade, NRLWA get state funded CofE and that the Govt supports Jnr and touch RL more and I'm sure the Govt would have no problems supporting that. Oh well no-one misses an opportunity quite like RL!
On top of all that, the Force was dumped from Super Rugby a couple of years back... seems like we are waiting for a bad time to introduce our WA club since we are passing up all the good opportunities.

Dragonwest

Juniors
A lot of local rugby league talent playing union right now here in Perth due to Twiggy's cash payments to the local clubs and the potential for Force contracts.

I still sit in hope that one day the tables will be turned.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A lot of local rugby league talent playing union right now here in Perth due to Twiggy's cash payments to the local clubs and the potential for Force contracts.

I still sit in hope that one day the tables will be turned.
yeh I can sadly see all the good work of the last decade undone off the back of Vlandys attitude,twiggys money, force back in the big league and the nrl’s myopic view of expansion.
like I said no-one misses an opportunity quite like RL. Over 100 years on and the games barely grown beyond where it started.

Dark Corner

Juniors
yeh I can sadly see all the good work of the last decade undone off the back of Vlandys attitude,twiggys money, force back in the big league and the nrl’s myopic view of expansion.
like I said no-one misses an opportunity quite like RL. Over 100 years on and the games barely grown beyond where it started.
I not only thought Covid shite would reduce the number of Sydney teams in the NRL but I really thought we see the name Vlandy and Twiggy in the same code....a ReUnion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I not only thought Covid shite would reduce the number of Sydney teams in the NRL but I really thought we see the name Vlandy and Twiggy in the same code....a ReUnion.
Never underestimate the old school tie of union. Twiggy earns makes more money a year than the nrl!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can’t believe it’s 11 years ago since we started a push for nrl readmission. Had a lot of fun setting up a supporters group in the anticipation of us getting in. One day maybe!
4F9A491E-3DA0-4494-B251-52D9EF7576BF.jpeg

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I think the thing that disturbs me the most about that is that for most in the game, that seems to be something to celebrate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will the Pirates be entering a team in the SG Ball competition in 2022?
Travel permitting I believe so. Though tbh I don’t know why we’re bothering. Cummins keeps funding it so I guess we will whilst he is happy to pay to develop players for the east coast comps.

Latest posts