What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Lui-Toso will replace Burgess and/or Famasuuli. Hopefully an upgrade on those 2.

Liddle I see as an upgrade for Macca, but due to his injury history, Macca and Sullivan should get plenty of game time.

Moga is a fringe first grader. Perfect competition for the Fegai brothers, Sloan and Ramsey.

Mbye will be the all purpose back.

We still need at least:

1 gun second rower

1 gun front rower

Maddragon99

Juniors
New Signing/Re-signing:
Seriously? All Moga does is put a roadblock in the way of a wing spot for Feagai & Sloan.

And since when do we announce a signing for NSW cup player? Has Lui-Toso even played first grade??

I’ve been a Saints fan for 48yrs & I’m not sure I’ve ever been so disillusioned 🙄

possm

Coach
We have only signed depth players. I have always thought we should sign marquee players first and then back-fill with juniors or depth recruits.

Like we have found in the past, paying overs for the depth players usually means we don't have enough left to buy the players we NEED.

BLM01

First Grade
Thankfully the article suggests apart from:

Liddle
Moga
Lui-Toso

the club will announce additional signings soon
I bloomin well hope so
Moga resigning and the signing of a QLD cup front rower does not raise too many eye lids or excite.
It just increases the blood pressure.
I know some announcements coming soon are development contracts but again I am being selfish and thinking of 1st grade ATM

possm

Coach
I bloomin well hope so
Moga resigning and the signing of a QLD cup front rower does not raise too many eye lids or excite.
I know some announcements coming soon are development contracts but again I am being selfish and thinking of 1st grade ATM
Yes, I believe we still have enough salary cap for 1 marquee edge forward and an average first-grade prop. Extending Hunt meant we have left ourselves short as far as rebuilding goes.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I bloomin well hope so
Let’s be honest, 2023 is going to be a dumpster fire. The only positive is that a bad year ensures Griffin’s departure.

Gareth67

First Grade
I bloomin well hope so
I share your concerns BLMO1 . I truly do not believe that the Dragons have enough money remaining to lure any player of note - forward or back to the club .

And it would take some big dollars to get such individuals down to the ‘Gong considering our current state of affairs .

What disappoints me about our Qld. cup signing besides his lack of real NRL experience is that he is only of small stature - I am not saying that he does not possess a big motor , but he is not a real JWH or Nelson Afumoula size forward , which is what the Dragons desperately need in our front row so as to get our team on the front foot .

Still perhaps Flanagan may pull a rabbit out of the hat before season 2023 commences ? He will hopefully be on the looking at some genuine prospects whilst over in the U.K on his World Cup duties .

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
The Sunday Telegraph are at it again with several stories about the "mess" at the Dragons. Buzz stating in his "What's the Buzz" column today that "Another player is trying to sign with a rival Sydney club and will ask for a release once the new deal is locked in". If that is correct (which generally his speculation is not) name the club as they have been negotiating prior to 1st November which is against the rules.

BLM01

First Grade
The Sunday Telegraph are at it again with several stories about the "mess" at the Dragons. Buzz stating in his "What's the Buzz" column today that "Another player is trying to sign with a rival Sydney club and will ask for a release once the new deal is locked in". If that is correct (which generally his speculation is not) name the club as they have been negotiating prior to 1st November which is against the rules.
They will probably bring up the Sua release thing again
Make no mistake it is Dragons hunting season ATM
How many fringe or reserve graders (just this year alone) do you see the media chase for a story when they dont get offered a new deal at their clubs to look for a disharmony or do you hate the coach angle.

kit66

Bench
Liddle I see as an upgrade for Macca, but due to his injury history, Macca and Sullivan should get plenty of game time.
In what way is Liddle an upgrade ? No offence, I'm just curious. In what way is the Wooden Spooner's second or third choice Hooker, who can't play 80 mins, had no tries, try or line break assists this season, has no kicking skills and a low tackle efficiency for a hooker, how is he an upgrade. A player who Kimmorley thought so useless he gave him only 10 games this year and even played Fa'amanu Brown at hooker ahead of him and gave him just 15 minutes off the bench in that game. The only person at our club that Liddle would be an upgrade on is whoever thought recruiting him was a good idea.
The Tigers didn't just get the spoon, they managed only 4 wins for the year. and we're recruiting their rejects, fkn brilliant.

In what way is Liddle an upgrade ? No offence, I'm just curious. In what way is the Wooden Spooner's second or third choice Hooker, who can't play 80 mins, had no tries, try or line break assists this season, has no kicking skills and a low tackle efficiency for a hooker, how is he an upgrade. A player who Kimmorley thought so useless he gave him only 10 games this year and even played Fa'amanu Brown at hooker ahead of him and gave him just 15 minutes off the bench in that game. The only person at our club that Liddle would be an upgrade on is whoever thought recruiting him was a good idea.
The Tigers didn't just get the spoon, they managed only 4 wins for the year. and we're recruiting their rejects, fkn brilliant.
Speed of service from dummy half

the ability to run from dummy half, rather than shuffle

Sure the dude came from the wooden spooners and has often had injury problems

Doesn’t mean he can’t play

Given where the Tigers finished, perhaps the coach was a bigger issue

rasaint

Juniors
Hi Gareth67, I get your comment about trying to find a big bopper like 115 kg Solomona or JWH 118kg. Who else could we get.

It is reported that Spencer Lenui of Panthers was/is being chased at 108 kg. Lui Tosa listed at 110kg as with the Tigs recruit.

I would be wrapped if Lenui could be snared.