What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Sloth

Juniors
What if I told you the player was Sharon Woods who wanted a release, would you bag the club or congratulate them? How would you feel if we denied the release, would you bag the club or congratulate them? No inside knowledge from me, just a hope that we see the back of Woods.

possm

Coach
What if I told you the player was Sharon Woods who wanted a release, would you bag the club or congratulate them? How would you feel if we denied the release, would you bag the club or congratulate them? No inside knowledge from me, just a hope that we see the back of Woods.
If the other props are doing well, Woods will bide his time in reserve grade. Prop rotation:

Molo
Musgrave
De Belin
Lawrie

Gardenia

Juniors
Illawarra owed WIN Corp and Gordons millions and so, the sale of their shares was the only way the Gordons were going to get any satisfaction. The deal avoided a bankruptcy situation for Illawarra and cost SGI about 5m as it was that much short of the top bidder.

However, you can be sure that some at St George also benefited. Young was later given the Chairmanship and Peter Doust was made a member of the Board.
OMG 5 million short of the mark. The day that the Dragons sold their soul. I think all we can hope for is one day we can build back up and be attractive enough for someone who loves the club with $$ to buy us. I'll hold onto that hope.

100% agreed Macca

Gomarchin

Juniors
Wasn't the second year in Wood's favour if he played a certain number of games (which he did)?

Wouldn't he just say I'm taking up the option and will move on?

Dragon David

First Grade
This post has nothing to do with an actual new recruit for the Dragons but the point I am about to say is that Josh Jackson of the Bulldogs has announced his retirement from playing in next years comp for which he has a contract for which means having the Bulldogs finding a replacement captain for first grade. It also means that the Bulldogs will have about $500K to spend on other players and securing Matt Burton. Now not only is Jackson a good sport on and off the field he is also wise and very considerate of the club going forward.

It's a pity the likes of Woods and Macca just hanging in and using up our cap space when their money could be used for us signing up better props and edge forward, such a pity.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
This post has nothing to with an actual new recruit for the Dragons but the point I am about to say is that Josh Jackson of the Bulldogs has announced his retirement from playing in next years comp for which he has a contract for which means having the Bulldogs finding a replacement captain for first grade. It also means that the Bulldogs will have about $500K to spend on other players and securing Matt Burton. Now not only is Jackson a good sport on and off the field he is also wise and very considerate of the club going forward.

It's a pity the likes of Woods and Macca just hanging in and using up our cap space when their money could be used for us signing up better props and edge forward, such a pity.

It's quite a sacrifice from Jackson. We used to have players who would do similar things for the Dragons, not sure we do any more.

Dragon David

First Grade
BTW the clock is ticking down to preseason Monday week and still waiting for these more signing announcements from our beloved club to look forward to.
Is there anymore?.. of note anyway
The club did say that there would be more announcements -

"Additional signings as well as the club's 2023 train and triallists will be announced in the coming weeks, ahead of mid-November's pre-season commencement."

Likely to be rejects and journeymen and wanna bees!

slippery5

Juniors
This post has nothing to with an actual new recruit for the Dragons but the point I am about to say is that Josh Jackson of the Bulldogs has announced his retirement from playing in next years comp for which he has a contract for which means having the Bulldogs finding a replacement captain for first grade. It also means that the Bulldogs will have about $500K to spend on other players and securing Matt Burton. Now not only is Jackson a good sport on and off the field he is also wise and very considerate of the club going forward.

True, but it's our dumb ass fault for signing them

Latest posts