What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

@strykers young buddy at my work place used to play against wakey and rates him thus:

Where Brooksy equals 10, wakey equals 6.5

And also some news from the Nado front, he has a kid now and his partner is from a good and comfy family in the crane business. So he is set up financially. Half his luck.

That said, nado still has a bit of a penchant for the outdoor life and enjoys fishing and water sports.

Work mate says that nado still has enormous untapped potential ..but also can become distracted. So he has to bust a decision.

He thinks it will evolve into a two-nado scenario with the footy blokey nado and nado the devoted father etc. keep the life interests seperate, which is not unusual.

He supports Nado obviously, one of his favourite people in the game.

There was a groaning here where he said young giant Tuki was one of our best players. He stood by that again today. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Wakeham is a very decent signing.

Worst case scenario......he'd be a cheap signing and be an able back up.

I get the feeling that he is more capable then that though. He should be looking at this gig as a genuine second chance opportunity to play first grade as he is definitely the next man up if injury strikes. He is not without skill and should train the house down. Hope he goes well.

Wakeham is a very decent signing.

Worst case scenario......he'd be a cheap signing and be an able back up.

I get the feeling that he is more capable then that though. He should be looking at this gig as a genuine second chance opportunity to play first grade as he is definitely the next man up if injury strikes. He is not without skill and should train the house down. Hope he goes well.
Yep.

It’s symbolic as much as anything.

Recognition that the halves/fullback issue is being addressed with the appropriate haste.

You could wear being stuck behind Flanagan, but waiting for Burto to misfire is a footy death sentence.

I want him to start first up with Charlie at the back. I’ll have to put my side up soon.

Douhie as captain courageous as he had a good World Cup campaign. He’s looking ominous maybe with a willing pack, sky is the limit.

Last edited:

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Out best team should look like this
1. Laurie
2. Stains
3. Reilly
4. Talau
5. Nofo
6. AD
7. Wakkem
8. Steffano
9. API
10. Klemmer
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. Blore

14. Smith
15. Twal
16. Joffa
17. Fainu
Unlucky to miss out but good depth
Naden, Kapoa, Toa, pole, Brooks, Simpkin, sayfarth and the likes

Fordy20

Juniors
Forward pack is looking really good and there's decent depth to it as well. Everyone pretty much selects themselves and I don't think we lose anything by waiting for Bateman.

Backline is the complete opposite. Ken is the only player that selects himself. There should be plenty of competition for spots, but that backline needs to be locked down this year in order to make a decent fist of it next year

gordsy

Juniors
The signings of Wakeham and Smith tell me that we have f**k all halves coming through that we think are close to being ready.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
The signings of Wakeham and Smith tell me that we have f**k all halves coming through that we think are close to being ready.

This! It's a major issue for the TigPies me thinks.

A strong pack and rotation can only take you so far. Halves are crucial to capitalise on it, and going through the TigPies NRL, Development Squad, Cup, and Flegg teams, there doesn't seem to be too much there.

Who knows though - Api might be able to get early ball to the 13, 6, and 7, and that extra time might make a difference for Brooks in particular.

Das Hassler

Bench
I've no doubt that Sheens has a

While you're probably right I see the halves signings a little differently....they're one year deals and the pressure's on for a finals finish this year....."right...sorry but you're out....he's in" ......potential from the lower grades will keep for later

Tigerm

First Grade

While you're probably right I see the halves signings a little differently....they're one year deals and the pressure's on for a finals finish this year....."right...sorry but you're out....he's in" ......potential from the lower grades will keep for later
Does this make anyone think, sheens is prepared to gamble the 2023 season on the current halves? He has nothing to lose?

Brooks is expensive this year, so maybe not a lot of sense to move him on, as we need to pay him anyway?

Would give us the opportunity to look what we have or what is available?

Though I do seem to remember he stated he would discussions with Doueihi early this year.

Last edited:

Added to this was the fact that the NSW Cup forward pack was very light on last year and so the 6 & 7 suffered. Not all the forwards will be bench warmers for 1st grade in 23 meaning that, hopefully, the NSW Cup play to their potential and put heaps of pressure on the 1st grade guys and in turn the 6 & 7 have a worthy pack to play behind.

Time and games will tell.

Would also assume that Brandom Wakeham will also push who was the 1st choice 7 a week ago in reserves, down 1 peg immediately.

WA Tiger

Bench
Sheens has to give Brookes a shot. Who knows it might work with the new lineup surrounding him. The difference tho is instead of One blind Freddy running the show and not taking any opinions from his assistants, there are now 3 persons watching who have been at the very top of the game, and will know what makes a good or bad half better than they know their way home..they won’t Fk around if they see a weak link there. Especially if it’s going to affect their bottom line…

Sheens will be a better coach than he was You can’t help but learn from mistakes made in the past.

There will be no long term plan like Madge had. A plan that was extended at the end of each disastrous year that he coached WT. Instead It will be the plan that all the good coaches have ..ASAP

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
The word on the other forum is that Noffa has been moved out in a player swap.
Don't know who for. Someone else reckons Noffa isn't on our player list any more.
The bloke that posted it is an unknown.
But the title here is "rumours".

The word on the other forum is that Noffa has been moved out in a player swap.
Don't know who for. Someone else reckons Noffa isn't on our player list any more.
The bloke that posted it is an unknown.
But the title here is "rumours".
There goes half of the predictions.

Knowing our ugly recruitment lot, it will be another forward. Just kidding.

Flanagan has a brooksy feel about him plus we’ve been chatting to the dogs.

Nofo is on big money for us, maybe the extra in the kitty for Moses?