What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The club knew Bateman's visa status...he couldn't apply for a work visa untill a contract had been lodged and cleared with the NRL and that couldn't happen untill the transfer negotiations were settled with Wigan.
Transfer negotiations took what, half a year and we loose his services for about the same period.

That’s just not good enough.

It’s cost hundreds of thousands of bucks.

Most of us would be sacked at work for f**king around with something for so long.

No excuses in my book.

It’s been badly planned and poorly executed. We always had the money for the transfer, that was never an issue.

Victoire

Juniors
Never heard of him, though doesn’t mean much, I don’t follow other clubs at all.
That piece about him sounds reasonable though, hope he kills it, when he gets his chance.
That should be our full compliment now, shouldn’t it?
So long as he has a pulse he goes straight into the starting side for mine.

If he plays at or just below factory, we can finally rid ourselves of Brooks without a guilty conscience.

Happy days, the era of the choking fraudster on marquee money is coming to an end.

3 years too late but so be it.

Tigerm

Coach
So long as he has a pulse he goes straight into the starting side for mine.

If he plays at or just below factory, we can finally rid ourselves of Brooks without a guilty conscience.

Happy days, the era of the choking fraudster on marquee money is coming to an end.

3 years too late but so be it.
I reckon Brooks will have around 10 games to see if he actually has anything to offer, he appears to be a club favourite and imo, Sheens won’t rock the boat too much, though maybe a mysterious season ending injury may see him gone though?

Just hope if the worse case scenario happens, we haven’t lost the season?

Reactions: 851
I reckon Brooks will have around 10 games to see if he actually has anything to offer, he appears to be a club favourite and imo, Sheens won’t rock the boat too much, though maybe a mysterious season ending injury may see him gone though?

Just hope if the worse case scenario happens, we haven’t lost the season?
Losing Brooks is more likely to rescue our season than ruin it.

He may jag a few good games before he goes back into his shell.

Nothing personal, he’s an ok bloke, but why he’s not lining up for the knights this year doesn’t make any sense. The club refused to apologise before anyone asked them to. That says all there needs to be said. They have been like naughty schoolboys with Brooks.

I’d love to run the cane across the boards and co open palms like we used to cop at skool.

The deputy headmaster rolled up his sleeves and metered out harsh justice. Kids who weren’t even naughty were bullied into the caning line by peer pressure ( not by me). Forced to make admissions to crimes they never committed. They were however lauded as heroes by their peers afterwards though, their selfless contributions recognised thereafter.

Three extra wallops for Lee and a fourth for owning a ferari instead of a Lamborghini.

There’s Justin trying to hide behind the line. I see him, he tries a medical excuse but thwack and another for being a coward.

I can’t in good conscience whack Denis because he’s pointing at the ceiling talking to the light globe about the pig and whistle gig in 1973. I offer him a biro and off he goes.

Oh look there’s benji right at the end, dressed up in his milk maid gear with leather boots holding his rubber girlfriend. Nah, he’s not getting his cheap thrills via my cane…

State schools were tough places back in the day.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Losing Brooks is more likely to rescue our season than ruin it.

He may jag a few good games before he goes back into his shell.

Nothing personal, he’s an ok bloke, but why he’s not lining up for the knights this year doesn’t make any sense. The club refused to apologise before anyone asked them to. That says all there needs to be said. They have been like naughty schoolboys with Brooks.
My thoughts on the Brooks comment was, if we keep him there failing, before we replace him, it may be too late to retrieve the season?

Hope not.

Reactions: 851
My thoughts on the Brooks comment was, if we keep him there failing, before we replace him, it may be too late to retrieve the season?

Hope not.
Soz if I misunderstood.

I am over excited with the news. The stuff of dreams.

At last, Vengeance shall be ours!

This is close to our best signing?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Don't mind this signing.

Every top 30 squad needs a backup half and he's probably as good as youre going to get. Was the stand out half in nsw cup last year, got a pretty ordinary Dogs side to the GF. I thought 3-4 years ago when he broke into first grade he had promise, playing in a horrible Dogs team since then wouldnt have helped his progression. Would have a bit of a combo with Api having played together for Fiji so lets see how he goes.

Tigerm

Coach
1674454850927.jpeg

POSITIONHalfback
WEIGHT78 kg
HEIGHT172 cm (5' 8")
DATE OF BIRTH11/01/1999 (24 years old)
ELIGIBILITYFiji
PLACE OF BIRTHKogarah, NSW

WA Tiger

Bench
I wonder if AD had any influence on Hastings leaving. AD’s disquiet maybe with Hastings growing authority and competing for the same spot. Neither of them would back off if there was a rift. Maybe not

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
View attachment 69741

POSITIONHalfback
WEIGHT78 kg
HEIGHT172 cm (5' 8")
DATE OF BIRTH11/01/1999 (24 years old)
ELIGIBILITYFiji
PLACE OF BIRTHKogarah, NSW
Another tough Chinese Tiger and Capricorn tough. For sure he will have an opinion and enjoy bossing the team around the park.
He won’t be shy…

Last edited:

Latest posts